Official: WinterFest 2017

RailRider

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

I'll drop a bit of info I got today:

Blue Haze Entertainment

Train - 12 Days of Christmas

1 Million plus lights total

I'll leave the rest for everyone to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-days of Christmas... co-themed with Haunt?  I think this is where the train riders are attacked by about 25 birds as you go through the lyrics.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, Winterfestguy said:

Does anyone know which engineering/decorating firm KI will be using to decorate the park?  Hopefully, these guys will take some lessons from Dollywood of how to properly light up an amusement park for the holidays with not only lights, but festive trees, garlands, and displays    (and let's hope the I street buildings get their roof-top/outline lights repaired and all back in working order, the last time the building outline lights were all repaired was for the last Winterfest 12 years ago).

I'm not sure what you mean by "decorating firm" (well, I do - I'm just not sure if I can answer your question.  Last Winterfest in 2005, Jack Rouse and Associates did a lot of the set design as well as different "look and feel" things for WF.  I think many would agree that they did a fantastic job.  I do not know if they'll be back for this version, but I'd say it's quite possible.

• Like 3

When Paramount had ownership of Kings Island, I noticed that their version of WinterFest in 05 was all about propaganda. Not One mention of why the season exists in any fashion. While in Kings Island today, I noticed the gift shop in Planet Snoopy was playing "A Charlie Brown Christmas Special" and I happened to walk in during the part when Linus gives his speech about what Christmas is all about. it seriously made me smile! Has this been playing all season, or is it there for the purpose of WinterFest? Either way, Loving it!

IMG_20170729_183306370.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

As shown on the interview with Don this week, the giant Candy Canes have been placed in the Tower Gardens and all the electrical updates throughout the park are just about complete (the controller boxes go all the way down Coney Mall to WindSeeker, so this area is sure to be very festive (will be interesting to see if construction of the "Dry side Smokehouse" where Attitudes/warehouse was on Coney Mall will start before Winterfest or immediately after).   Now that the daily operations are over, watch for lights soon to appear in places throughout the park.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rivertown- K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad, Mystic Timbers

Planet Snoopy- Boo Blasters, Character Carousel, Charlie Brown's Wind Up, Joe Cool's Dodgem School, Linus' Launcher, Peanuts 500, Sally's Sea Plane, Snoopy vs Red Baron, Snoopy's Space Buggies, The Great Pumpkin Coaster, Woodstock Gliders

International Street- Grand Carousel 

Coney Mall- Dodgem, Scrambler, Zephyr

• Like 5

I don`t know if Zephyr or Scrambler ever operated for Winterfest in years past.  I know that they weren`t included in the reincarnation in 2005.  (In fact most of Coney Mall) was not open.

Tinker`s Toy Factory which will be held in the Festhaus, will likely be similar to Santa`s Toy Factory which ran during the original version of Winterfest and the version that ran in 2005.  It is a good show.

I am super excited for Winterfest, and am sure I will visit multiple times.  My wife and I plan on being there on opening night!

• Like 2

I am excited to experience my first WinterFest this year. Although I have not been to the original or Paramount WinterFest, I am very curious to see how Cedar Fair will do in comparison. I'm wondering if the Eiffel Tower will be fully surrounded with lights, compared to the one face from the Paramount days. Overall, this looks great!

There's a very large Christmas tree near Diamondback nearly finished (missing its very top). I believe this must be the one they'd been building on the Timberwolf stage if anyone else saw that from Drop Tower too. 

IMG_5841.JPG

Lotsapalooza (the first shop on the right of the fountains after you enter the park) has already started transforming as well

IMG_5860.JPGIMG_5861.JPGIMG_5862.JPGIMG_5864.JPG

I really like these little brass ornaments 

IMG_5863.JPG

• Like 10

I noticed as I was leaving on Sunday that a couple of the displays in the center front of the store that had not been changed over yet when I went Friday, were completely bare. I think about the only thing they are keeping from their former merchandise displayed is the Kings Island hoodies (2 for $60, good deal!)

• Like 1