Official: WinterFest 2017

RailRider

While the newly released map makes me super excited for Winterfest, it hurts my brain to not see the non-Winterfest attractions on it.  I've poured over so many eras of KI maps, from the years before I remember what was where, to the current placement of the rides and attractions that replaced older ones over the years. I feel like there are holes in my vision.

But I stand by my first statement: I'm SO EXCITED FOR WINTERFEST!!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Per the map, it looks like the snow tubing will be at Skyflyer.....hmm.

Actually I believe it will be located on the midway in front of Drop Tower. Skyflyer is located behind the Coasters Connections building. This map shows tubing in front of that building.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, rcwizard13 said:

Actually I believe it will be located on the midway in front of Drop Tower. Skyflyer is located behind the Coasters Connections building. This map shows tubing in front of that building.

You're right....I didn't zoom in far enough.

5 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Checking out the WinterFest map, they're going all out with decorations on Mystic Timbers, candy canes and Christmas lights.  It's going to look very nice!

I'm not seeing it? It looks like the normal map on my end.

• Like 2

Woo! The new map is out! Also, anyone notice Santa and his reindeer enjoying Mystic Timbers' first drop (or at least cars made to look like Santa and his reindeer)? We still haven't figured out what will be in the shed though...

EDIT: Also, games will be open! Wonder what the prizes will be? I saw this huge abominable snowman for over $200 at Kohl's- that would be really cool if that (or the smaller ones) were available as prizes. Also, looks like Al (the troll) will be joining us for Winterfest (see Coney Elf Village)!!!!!!!!!! :D

EDIT2: Ok, what I thought was Al's hut may be Subway with a wreath on it... 

• Like 4

I would have thought the upcharge would be around $8 for dinning plan holders like Midway Market at CP.   Call me a cheap *******, as my wife does, but not paying  $25 a head for a buffet.  Especially for kids that can't even finish a chicken strip basket on a good day.

In addition, CF has not exactly conditioned me to expect premium quality food for premium prices.  With the notable exception of Smokehouse and maybe Panda, I view eating at the park as a necessary bodily function much like using the restroom, not some enjoyable experience.  

Anybody know if Prancers Pizza is rebranded LaRosas or something different that is actually edible?  Asking for my kid who will eat even the cheapest frozen cheese pizza but won't touch LaRosas.  

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up and it's just LaRosas.  

• Like 6

Thanks for the heads up, @JubJester! That will be one of the many things I'll be checking out during Winterfest. So, I'm starting to get the feeling one will need to visit multiple nights to see all the Winterfest magic/awesomeness. There is no way one can attend all the shows in the same night (I don't think, at least...), let alone have time for sledding, food, ice skating and Mystic (plus the other 3 non-Snoopy flats). 

• Like 4

Here's two pictures of the Eiffel Tower I just took (all taken in legal locations). Seems the lights on the back of the tower are the only ones on as of now. 

20171108_190415.jpg

20171108_185947.jpg

20171108_185916.jpg

They also have some lights on the poles leading up to the entrance. Also saw reindeer on the top of the entrance building. 

• Like 14