Official: WinterFest 2017

RailRider

Planning on going to the park on Sunday, my wife and daughter can't wait and I am looking forward to it as well!  I am planning on buying one of the $10 The Beast hot chocolate mugs.  Can anyone tell me if that is the refillable mug that they have been advertising?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timfsu2k said:

Planning on going to the park on Sunday, my wife and daughter can't wait and I am looking forward to it as well!  I am planning on buying one of the $10 The Beast hot chocolate mugs.  Can anyone tell me if that is the refillable mug that they have been advertising?

No, it is not refillable.  But it is a great souvenir.

• Like 2

Mystic Timbers just valleyed. I can't believe they even tried. lol

(Note the train: It didn't valley there, it almost made it to the final brakes. I would think they could winch it out easily as it's in that last dip before the shed, though I wouldn't be shocked if they give up on it for tonight).

I got lucky and flipped the webcam on and watched it happen in real time. The train valleyed in the final section right before the shed. The screenshot I shared was of the train that eventually valleyed. I figured it was worth taking a screenshot regardless of the outcome since it was amazing that they were even testing it with snow on the tracks (and it was throwing a TON of snow as it rounded that curve which was impressive to see). I switched to the other camera and saw it rocking back in fourth in the final valley. I'd imagine you might be able to see it from the train if anyone's crazy enough to go today. lol

wow_1.jpg

• Like 9

Here you go. You have to give them props for trying. Since it’s a new coaster they would have to see where the threshold was concerning cold and snow. Of course an empty train is going to go much slower and more of a chance to valley.

https://youtu.be/JexX-I6I4Kw

Video provided by Brendon Carey

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gannersdaddy said:

We just tried to get on about 30 minutes ago. Was told it would not run in the snow :(

Boo lol. Well, at least now we know; safety never takes a holiday, you know. Just out of curiosity, are there any characters outside or is it too cold?

• Like 1

...and amazingly, it opened today! Had a fantastic ride on The Orange Menace tonight as well as had my best (Winterfest) ride yet on the train (the train at night has creeped me out my past 2 times, but I somewhat enjoyed it this time). Also got to mingle with the characters some (met Tinsel Frost for the first time) and ensured they were keeping warm. Finally, got to see 3 of my favorite shows tonight: Tinkers, Twas the Plight Before Christmas, and Jingle Jazz. It was a cold night, but it was a good night. 

Thanks to those working the event for braving the cold so that guests can have fun!

• Like 9