Kings Island 8/11/2016: A Memorable Visit and ERT Night!

stashua123

Kings Island: August 11th, 2016: 9:30 am - 10:00 PM

FEAR the four: 9:30 am

I had arrived at Kings Island with my friend Yu Fong and my twin brother Luke. This time instead of going straight over to Soak City we went to the main park first, together. I had been texting BeastForever throughout the morning and he said he was going to arrive at 11 AM. So instead I decided to spend my first hours of the day with my brother Luke and our friend Yu Fong. We went into the 80's store and Luke played Galaga for 20 minutes! I believe he got his personal best at 45,000 points! Then we went over to the International Street Fountain and sat there for about 15 minutes admiring the beautiful fountains. The park then opened up and we went over to The Racer, I had convinced my brother that we were going to ride The Racer, somehow! I have great convincing skills. :P We went on the first train of the day and me and my brother got 1-2 of red racer. He screamed his butt off and it was hilarious, I believe he actually enjoyed the ride though and it was quite smooth in my humble opinion.  8/10. He then wanted to ride Adventure Express again and we did that! We got the front row of Adventure Express, we rode it and it was fun and I loved hearing my twin brothers reaction to riding it. 7.5/10. My brother REALLY wanted to do the Scrambler even though I did not really want to do it. I was a bit dizzy during this ride and my brother was also very dizzy. I have always loved the Scrambler but its been getting just a bit too dizzy for me lately. 6/10. My brother got "vertigo" and a pretty big headache from the ride and requested a five minute break, a five minute break that I gave because I was dizzy also. But I wanted to try BLSC again and after five minutes I took 2 minute of my time to try and convince Luke to ride BLSC, and I finally did.... "Does it really only go 40 mph?" "Yes, Luke it does." He then rode in the back seat with our friend while I rode in the back car front seat. I saw his face change from happy to immediately very sick as soon as we hit the helix, we went through the ride but I didn't hear Luke screaming in joy at all.... we exited and he look pretty sick, but it was time for them to go over to Soak City, so I said goodbye to them. I heard later that he had gotten pretty bad vertigo from doing all those rides in a quick while and had a beating headache for two hours. "Josh, you are NOT convincing me to ride a rollercoaster ever again!" (But I made a deal with him for 8/18 that if he'd ride Tropical Plunge, I would make it five years. unless its out of his pure free will, to which he agreed to and actually rode Tropical Plunge!) It was a good ride for me though! 7/10.

Meetin' On Up: 10:45 AM

After saying goodbye to my brother and our friend, I went by the Refill station near the dodgems, refilled my souvenir cup, and then walked down international street and sat at a nice table with a view. I sat there for about 15 minutes, just doing nothing really.... admiring the fountain, watching people kick their soccerballs into the fountains. Then I finally got the text that Daniel (BeastForever) was here, waited five more minutes and he came through the gates and we met up. We would've said hi to Lucas but he was busy with Mobile Strike We both decided we wanted to ride Diamondback first. We walked through the park and got in line! :) The line was only a stair wait. I have always found it nice to go to an amusement park, meet up with (a) coaster enthusiast(s), get to know him/her and just ride the rides. We decided to ride 8-1. We got into the ride. It was a great ride! I have always loved being in the back, which if it weren't for the B&M rattle would be loads better than the front than just a little bit better. 9.98/10. We then walked out, I got my FunPix scanned into my account and we left for The Beast. It is still amazing to think that The Beast is still the Worlds Longest Wooden Rollercoaster.... very amazing. We got into 6-2 of The Beast and as always it was a great ride. Running great.... and very smooth since its not a wheel seat. Daniel I think enjoyed the ride as well! 10/10. After a GREAT Beast ride, we went on over to Vortex.... with no line! We got onto 5-1 of Vortex.... train 3 (Which BeastForever made me realize/note) and it was ROUGH..... very rough.... that train has always been rough for some strange reason and today was not an exception to that. But I always find a way to enjoy rides, even if they are rough and I can say I enjoyed Vortex 6.5/10. But Daniel did not, and he said that would be his last ride of the day, but it turned out not to be.  Train 3 seems to be the rough Vortex train. Next, we decided to go on WindSeeker! We got seats 21 and 22 and went on to ride this ride, I have always liked this ride.... very relaxing! 7/10. Daniel and I decided to go down the Coney Mall Midway.... it was around 12:20 and we were both a little hungry, so we decided we would ride Racer, we got I think 4-4 and we had a good ride. 7.4/10, and then we both got lunch, he told me to pick a nice table by the fountains to eat lunch at, he went to the Coney Mall Subway while I went to the IS Skyline. I got myself a 3-Way. I had just picked out a table to sit at when low and behold Lucas comes walking by! Which surprised me because he was not supposed to be off work until 1:30. He says they are going to Festhaus. I decide to follow him their while texting Daniel we are heading over there. Leads to a bit of confusion where Daniel sits at the fountains for five minutes before realizing we weren't their so he then went to Festhaus but I didn't realize he was there so I just sat at a table for ten minutes waiting for him, lol. We all finally sat down at a table.  had a good lunch with EjectorAir(OhioValleyCoasters), Aandjgoods, BeastForever, Ohiocolts and also with Kings Island Where Else.

287098_1845957_zpsthazkadd.jpg

287098_1849115_zpsuc5tfziu.jpg

287098_1848899_zpstimgkw5x.jpg

An Afternoon Delight. :) : 1:10 PM

After lunch we all wanted to ride Diamondback before going on the train, (and or as Lucas called it "GPBack"). There was a line at the stairs, and we got to the top. I chose I believe it was 4-1 with Daniel (BeastForever)  and 4-2 with Lucas and Alec. It was a good ride as per usual though I vastly prefer the back. 9/10. After a ride on "GPBack" and getting FunPix we all decided to ride the train! We waited about 10 minutes for the train to arrive but it came! We viewed the Mystic Timbers construction, and we stopped at the Soak City station for ten minutes. Then we went through the course again and saw the nice views of the construction, Fort Coney! and not much else. Its always good to ride the train though! We met up with the Coaster Critics,  We then went to The Beast, which again I rode with Daniel in 6-2 while Lucas and Alec rode near the front, a great ride and a photo that HAD to be ruined by those delinquents in front of us that *ahem* "flipped the bird".  <_< 9.9/10. The Beast ride was great and forceful, the back is best in The Beast! The group walked down The Vortex Midway. We all decided to ride Vortex once again, even Daniel was up for it. :) We chose 5-1, while The CoasterCritics chose 6-1 while Lucas, Alec and OhioValleyCoasters chose car 7. We had good ride though it was still sort of rough was a bit better than our last ride. :) 7.5/10. Then the group all wanted to do FOF but me and Daniel for the same reason didnt really want to, we both were unsure if either of us could fit, especially me, with both my big thighs and long legs being an issue. So we decided to buy a locker and ride friehawk but then the unexpected came and a huge downpour came! Which was quite unexpected to say the least! Firehawk closed down and FOF's line got even bigger so we waited for the rain to get a little lighter and we were going to ride Adventure Express but it was closed, Banshee was closed. But, The Bat was open! And by this time it had stopped raining. We rode in 1-1, the FRONT row. :) IT was great.... very great! I loved it. 8.5/10.... I still have no clue as to why lately The Bat has been getting more intense for me lately, I guess I am just getting older.  :rolleyes: We then walked through The Bat plaza, talked some more, saw Banshee was back open from there and decided we should ride Banshee! :) I got ourselves a locker and we went to the back row. We went up the lift hill after getting in the ride with no issues *glares at the ride attendant from 8/18 who did not even try to get me in*  The back has always been the most intense part of this rollercoaster, almost always! That first drop is always so overwhelming for some reason. The ride as a whole is very intense. 9.5/10. We decided to ride Banshee again! This time in the front I always love having a non-obstruction view of the ride as a whole and this was no exception, very nice and good. But I have loved the back just a bit more. 9.7/10. After a great Banshee ride, I decided I needed to charge my phone up a bit in the Festhaus so Daniel and I sat in the Festhaus for about 20 minutes, just talking about our lives and such. It was nice getting to know you more on this visit and was one of the highlights of this visit. I kicked Cancer after this with me thinking about my Grandpa, who is still fighting after two years of having Inoperable Luekemia, and I kicked it really hard! Beyond the netting actually, so I wasn't able to win a 2016 Honda Civic, but I am happy about being able to donate for a good cause.... but we did see MDMC01 for a brief moment working and it was nice! :D

287098_1848611_zps9a6q0cdc.jpg

287098_1852050_zpssdny25yj.jpg

287098_1851316_zpsblupfxww.jpg

287098_1848077_zpszkrrcnbn.jpg

Dinner, LROTDOB, ERT Night and a Winding Road Home: 6:00 PM

We decided after a good conversation that we were both hungry. He went to get Subway again while I went to IS Skyline, and I made doubly sure to get a good table at the fountain. Same meal as before with a 3-way, extra cheese and some oyster crackers, which I gave to Daniel. Daniel did not really feel like sitting in the heat so we got a table at Starbucks. We sat there for about 25 minutes, getting to know each to each other, enjoying the icebox that is Starbucks. We then left at 6:35 PM, we went over to the Sweet Spot to say hello to Theo, who was on break! We sat there for five minutes talking to him before we went to look for Alec, Lucas and crew. But first, Daniel and I decided to ride Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. Both of our guns were working which was a bit of a miracle, We got into car 6. The ride was OK, not as good as it used to be... and at one point I had 810 points while Daniel had 809 and we both laughed because we were only 1 point away. It was quite funny. I ended up getting 910 points while Daniel got 820 points. After riding Boo Blasters we decided` to go and look for Alec and crew.... a long and winding adventure straight out of a sitcom! Alec told me they were in WWC's queue... but they were not their! We waited about 10 minutes for them with Daniel following in TB's footsteps and using those water cannons, which he enjoyed. We did not see them there so we instead went and checked Vortex, did not see them their and then we heard they were by BLSC so we went over there but then they went over to Vortex without us seeing them and then we realized oh they must be by Vortex! What a whirlwind! We sat at Vortex's exit to stay in the same place and FINALLY after 5 minutes they came by. We went down the Coney Mall midway and we all decided to take a spin on the newly reopened Zephyr. We all decided to get the red chairs, but I got a seat with horrible clippers so I had to have a ride op help me get out and in both times, which was very awkward to say the least. But it was nice to be riding this ride again after a long while. 8/10. We then and FINALLY rode Firehawk and me and Daniel got a treat, Row 1 of Firehawk! :) The lift hill has always been entirely too loud for me but the ride was enjoyable, intense and was more smooth and the rides brakes did not make me dizzy at all. 9.8/10. After the FANTASTIC Firehawk ride, we decided to part ways with Lucas and Alec, who were going to Graeters and went to ride Diamondback one last time, Shake Rattle and Roll had just been lighted up, WindSeeker too, the sun was setting.... walking down the pathway, I used the bathroom by BLSC and then we went over to Diamondback's queue line. the line was a bit long by the soda machines but it was alright. I saw via text that my brother had left Kings Island and they were not going to pick me up from KI. So I asked Daniel if he would be able to take me home after ERT Night because he lives not too far away from my house, to which he said he would. Which I am still very thankful for! We got a ride in the back seat of Diamondback front row, and it was a great ride to see the sunset starting in the distance, the ride going as fast as it can be. We got off the ride at 7:45 PM. I bought myself an on-ride photo print of the ride, as I have always done at least once a season, so I could remember this visit everytime I look at my "Coaster Wall" in my bedroom. We then went to ride the last ride of the night of The Beast. We waited until the queue line closed up and then we got into the short line. The next train out was the last so me and Daniel got 3-2 while Lucas and Alec went to the back with OVC. We got the car to ourselves strangely enough but it was a great ride nonetheless. 11/10. After LROTNOB, We went over to Racer flashed our pass and started the hour and forty minutes of ERT Night, we rode Red and Blue Racer everywhere, front, back, middle, it was great despite having to go all the way around to ride again, Daniel and I nearly got a zen ride at one point.... one ride for both of us was extremely painful with him getting stapled THREE CLICKS while I got stapled once more which made the rest of the ride excruciatingly painful and one of the worst rides on a rollercoaster I have had, this was after riding Racer 8 times so we decided to go back to the Grand carousel. We both sat in the two rowed plush leather seats and tried to relax a little bit. Daniel did not want to do Scrambler and Monster to which I agreed to. We went back and rode Blue Racer once in the back and rode Red Racer in the front once more.... and that was it. He used the bathroom, while I was waiting for him I just took a look around..... the place seemed so calm, so serene at night... Banshee sitting there not operating with Wide Awake by Katy Perry playing in the background.... it was quite peaceful. Daniel finally got out, we walked back to his car, I said goodbye to Kings Island with this being the last visit before the two part trip on Tuesday and Thursday last week.... After a long walk to the car and we left at 10:00 PM. The ride home was quite nice, we listened to radio, talked about what we thought of the world, some of what we have gone through... heck I was so deep in conversation I forgot to tell him to take I-275, so we just took Ronald Reagan Highway instead, we finally got off the highway, went through the winding roads of West Side Cincinnati and arrived at my house at about 10:45 PM. I said thanks for the ride, and went into my house. (And PS: Sorry about my driveway, EVERYONE has trouble getting out of it lol  :P  :lol:

287098_1855927_zpstzrk5lcg.jpg

287098_1855437_zpstja7qwpf.jpg

I had a fantastic day.... one great day that will stick with me for a while for many reasons. 

Thank you Daniel (BeastForever), Alec (Aandjgoods) and Lucas (Ohiocolts) for a great day.... and especially you BeastForever, it was great spending almost the whole day riding rides, getting to know each other, and the ride home was great!

Thank you all!

In my top 5 Amusement Park visits probably, and one of those visits I will remember for a long time. 

Racer 1-2
Adventure Express 1-1
Scrambler
Backlot Stunt Coaster 3-1
Meetup with BeastForever
Diamondback 8-1
The Beast 6-2
Vortex 5-1 TRAIN 3
WindSeeker 21 and 22
Racer
Lunch!
Aandjgoods and ohiocolts meet up with them.
Diamondback 4-1
Train'
The Beast 6-2
Vortex 5-1 Train 2
Attempt to ride Firehawk. RAIN.
The Bat 1-1
Banshee 8-4
Banshee 1-1
Dinner at Starbucks
Theo

Boo Blasters
Back to finding each other
Firehawk 1-1

Diamondback 8-2
The Beast 3-2
Racer marathon 10 times
Grand Carousel
Leave at 10 pm

END OF TR

-stashua123

Appreciate any comments, criticism, thoughts about this Trip Report! :D

• Like 7

GREAT report. Glad I could finally sit down and read it all...

A interesting series of events sure did happen before I arrived!

I really am amazed at how you (and VortexBFForever) are able to recall seemingly every single minor detail that will happen in a day, and consolidate it into a hearty TR. No wonder they take so long to write!..

But anyways, no problem about giving you a lift home. I enjoyed the conversation we had very much as well.

And yes, I did struggle with the driveway :D

• Like 3

GREAT report. Glad I could finally sit down and read it all...

A interesting series of events sure did happen before I arrived!

I really am amazed at how you (and VortexBFForever) are able to recall seemingly every single minor detail that will happen in a day, and consolidate it into a hearty TR. No wonder they take so long to write!..

But anyways, no problem about giving you a lift home. I enjoyed the conversation we had very much as well.

And yes, I did struggle with the driveway :D

Thanks for the feedback. And again thank you for the ride home and for a great day.

I literally woke up at 6:50 am and worked on this till 11, I try my best to remember all the details about my day, feels great knowing someone that was with me almost the entire day sees I remember almost everything. :)

Could sort of tell you were having trouble lol, that driveway is like a elongated s bend so it's a bit difficult.

Thanks for the great day! Hope we do it again sometime during haunt. :)

• Like 1