Soak City Changes

FedorableWill

I feel like things got flip-flopped. A new Soak City ride came out and Rivertown got renovated. Next year, a Rivertown ride is being added and Soak City is being renovated. While it was to move things like Funnel Cakes and White Water Canyon's entrance for the new ride, none the less it feels flip-flopped and in a way ironic.

I can't imagine the smokehouse being that big. Thing is, it's a water park, therefore they have to make an environment that can get wet. I don't see it having too much indoor seating.

As for where it's going to be, your guess is as good as mine. My thoughts were across from the Coconut Cove Cafe because there's this sizable field there and already a lot of patio area. The other possibility is behind Tropical Plunge.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I made the suggestion earlier this season that they build a clock tower centrally located and visible around all of Soak City.  With the many restrictions on snaps, buttons, and stuff, watches are out of the question.  I sure doesn't seem like a clock tower would be a huge expense.  IMHO

• Like 2

I made the suggestion earlier this season that they build a clock tower centrally located and visible around all of Soak City. With the many restrictions on snaps, buttons, and stuff, watches are out of the question. I sure doesn't seem like a clock tower would be a huge expense. IMHO

I wear a waterproof watch all the time in waterparks, including Soak City. I have never once had a lifeguard say anything about it.

The concern with snaps and buttons is that they could drag along the slide and damage it, but if you're riding in the proper position, that shouldn't be a concern with the watch. On slides that require you to put your hands behind your head, you typically have to point your elbows forward to keep them off the sides of the slide anyway, which brings the watch forward and well out of harm's way.

A iconic structure for Soak City would rock.

Didgeridoos? *cough cough*

I made the suggestion earlier this season that they build a clock tower centrally located and visible around all of Soak City. With the many restrictions on snaps, buttons, and stuff, watches are out of the question. I sure doesn't seem like a clock tower would be a huge expense. IMHO

I wear a waterproof watch all the time in waterparks, including Soak City. I have never once had a lifeguard say anything about it.

The concern with snaps and buttons is that they could drag along the slide and damage it, but if you're riding in the proper position, that shouldn't be a concern with the watch. On slides that require you to put your hands behind your head, you typically have to point your elbows forward to keep them off the sides of the slide anyway, which brings the watch forward and well out of harm's way.

Any and all restrictions are for safety, also known as I don't get scratches on Trop Twist or Pineapple. The scratches that snaps, buttons, etc can do on a fiberglass slide seriously hurts, a lot. I know a lot of people here don't go to the waterpark (or have been) as much as I have, but trust me, it is  greatly appreciated when lifeguards check for these things because it can and will hurt your back.

A clock tower, seriously? I'm sorry, but that would make no sense and would stick out like a sore thumb. Sure, the placement of more clocks around the park would be great, but that's void even at the park as there is only one floral clock. You could always ask for what time it is with any of the park employees, as I am sure they will be more than accommodating to do so.  

​

A iconic structure for Soak City would rock.

Didgeridoos? *cough cough*

Any and all restrictions are for safety, also known as I don't get scratches on Trop Twist or Pineapple. The scratches that snaps, buttons, etc can do on a fiberglass slide seriously hurts, a lot. I know a lot of people here don't go to the waterpark (or have been) as much as I have, but trust me, it is  greatly appreciated when lifeguards check for these things because it can and will hurt your back.

A clock tower, seriously? I'm sorry, but that would make no sense and would stick out like a sore thumb. Sure, the placement of more clocks around the park would be great, but that's void even at the park as there is only one floral clock. You could always ask for what time it is with any of the park employees, as I am sure they will be more than accommodating to do so.  

​

Not necessarily a clock tower, but a nice clock would work and has worked in parks and water parks.

classic-park-clock-with.jpgSource

This clock is at Waldameer. They have a clock just like this in the new addition of Waterworld. It's painted blue I think...I couldn't find any pictures of it as of now...but it's tasteful and not an eyesore. 

A clock or two in Soak City would be welcome...as would be the main park.

• Like 4

^Now that would make more sense. I was thinking more along the lines of a clock tower like the one in Crestview Hills, the mini Big Ben in Covington, not a clock like that. But yeah, I would say that would be an excellent addition to the waterpark to keep track on the time. If not that, I guess just stand on the concrete and try to make your own sundial. :P

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Soak City iconic structure is supposed to be the water bucket, but it's nothing like the Eiffel Tower of course.

I wouldn't say that exactly. I believe that SC has 4 main focal points, Rendezvous Run, Splash Landing, Tropical Plunge, and Mondo Monsoon. To say that it is an iconic structure, or the only one, would be stretching it a little bit. Back in 2011 I believe that the main focal point was the Didgeridoos, Rendezvous Run, and Mic's Seaside Supplies area as it had the most improvement post Water Works. However with the Soak City expansion, there's still that plaza feel, simply more that there is more or less a shared focal points primarily on the attractions.

• Like 1