First Cedar Point Trip

So I'm going to CP next Wednesday. This will be my first trip ever. From what I've read, it should be pretty much a ghost town. Any recommendations on what to hit first? Should I start in the back of then park. Tips on saving money on food. My goal is to hit all the coasters (if possible)

Sent from my iOS 10 device

• Like 3

Being that it's the Wednesday that it is, I'd say that you should be fine to ride everything in whatever particular order you want and be able to easily ride all of the coasters.

However I would recommend any other time to ride Mean Streak, followed by Maverick, and then proceed to move your way forward. This plan still probably wouldn't hurt to go by. If it works out well, then you could always go back and hit some of the coasters a second time in no particular order.

Don't forget the flats as well! Cedar Downs in specific is a very rare one that most find to be pretty fun!

In the midst of all of this coaster riding, have fun!

.....and as a side note...

Sky Ride gives some Amazing views of the park!!

• Like 5

You probably know this already but if you see TTD running, go ride it. You just never know if it will break down or not. Well it will break down you just doesn't know for how long. Just get a ride on i,t any row, and then if you have time you can run the risk of waiting in the front row line.

If you really want to save money, eat at your car, if you get there early and park in the SC lot it is like preferred parking. The lanes are not numbered so I usually line my car up with one of the legs of Ripcord so it is easy to find. If you have any left over fries the gulls much appreciate a snack.

Are you sure you want do ride ALL the coasters? My son called Corkscrew "demeaning". :)

• Like 3

I would start at the front of park  . Gatekeeper and Raptor should be close to  being walk on , Valravyn will have longest waits of the day , i would skip that and head to MF then Maverick . --- TTD , Gemini and Mean Streak do not open til 11am . if you have ERT privileges to get in at 9am you can literally ride all of these coasters (except the ones that open later) before 10am ! its a lot of walking early but worth it ! You will know if TTD is up and running from anywhere in the park , just look up !

• Like 1

Flats 

• Cedar Downs for sure as TheBEASTunchained said above. Only one of two in the United States, I believe.
  • Cadillac Cars (which is right next to Cedar Downs) is highly recommended- they're like the classic cars we used to have before Backlot Stunt Coaster opened. There's another set in the park back in Frontiertown (near Maverick and Skyhawk)
  • Tiki Twirl- Similar to a Scrambler but it's at an angle. Beach side of the park, Wicked Twister/Gatekeeper area.

Coasters

• Maverick- My personal favorite at Cedar Point. Best seat on the ride front row, left side. Terpy will agree with me on this one.
  • Magnum- Highly recommend this one as well. First hypercoaster ever built. Amazing ejector air in the first car.
  • Blue Streak- Ride this toward the front. All rides toward the front for me this season have delivered superb airtime
  • Millennium Force- First gigacoaster ever built. Non-stop speed from start to finish. Ride this toward the front.
  • Valravn- Definitely try for a front row ride if you can. Middle row is decent. Back row wasn't as enjoyable for me.
  • Mean Streak- if this one wasn't closing, I'd pass on it. Ride it for the credit only
  • Gatekeeper- outer seat on the left side, row 8 if you can. The keyholes and the drop are the best part of the ride for me.
  • The rest are decent coasters, some similar to what KI has. The only credits I don't have at CP are Dragster, Rougarou, Wicked Twister, Jr. Gemini or whatever it's called now, and Woodstock Express.  Should have taken a ride on the Friday night I was there. 15 minutes before close, and it was a walk on. Closed the rest of the weekend.

Let me know if I can assist further!

• Like 4

Everyone is giving away my WT seat!

Also, I'm biased towards the rear of trains, so I disagree with most of what Hoeter suggested.

Mean Streak, sit in the front row of a car, and do what you can to not touch the back of the seat.

Maverick has terrible capacity and a lot of downtime. Ride as close to opening as possible.

• Like 5