SIX 2017

The Joker "coasters" look pretty cool, but the capacity looks horrendous.  720 per hour probably maximum.  Never would work at KI.

It's going to be a nightmare at Great America, i went on a Tuesday, Superman, Goliath, and Raging Bull had two hour waits, you could barely book a Flash Pass for them, the shortest line i waited in was 45 mins for V2 and 5 mins for X-Flight (It was down but went back up as i was passing to go to Goliath), I may book a trip next year but i'm not sure if i want to risk the waits plus SIX operations for a 4D Freefly. 

Im so glad I have a Cedar Fair park as my home park. 

I don't know what six flags think they're doing, like who thought "Hey, lets add the same ride to every park and make it have the same name and theme" or "Hey lets add two different types of rides with the same names" 

I feel like having different rides at different parks gives people an incentive to go there, I dont think I will likely go to any six flags park except maybe SFGA or SFMM. 

Maybe I just really hate six flags or something. 

• Like 2

1. John Duffy is not the announcement type.

2. I realize this is Six Flags and I shouldn't expect too much originality, but is it ever going to end? Even if they want each park to have a freespin or a Sally dark ride, why can't they change up the themes a bit? What's the purpose of the same exact thing in every park? At least the new Starflyer and pendulums have different names.

3. I've thought this for years, but I wish Six Flags would let each park announce their own attractions like Cedar Fair does. They can still have them all on the Thursday before Labor Day, just separate. It'd allow for much more personality, originality, and excitement. These dull, under five minute announcement videos for thirteen unique parks just don't cut it.

Sorry for the rant. I just want to see more from SIX, which is kind of strange I guess considering I've never even been to one of their parks.

1. John is the CEO of the company such as Greg Scheid is the GM of Kings Island. Greg is NOT a public speaker AT ALL, but with announcements like these one needs to expect them to make a speech.

2. You do realize CF does the SAME thing!

Yes, Cedar Fair does it too. I never said they didn't. However, the level at which CF does it is no where close to the level SF does. See:

*major attractions only, excluding water parks

Six Flags Multiple Attractions:

Batman:The Ride (in 6 parks / 7 under including alternative name)

The Joker (will be in 4 parks / 5 including alternative name)

SkyScreamer (in 8 parks / will be 10 including alternative names)

Battle for Metropolis (will be in 7 parks)

Pandemonium (in 4 parks)

Superman: Ultimate Flight (in 3 parks)

Goliath (name used in 6 parks)

Viper (name used in 2 parks)

Medusa (name used in 2 parks)

Ninja (name used in 2 parks

Boomerang (name used in 3 parks)

Apocalypse (name used in 2 parks)

Cedar Fair Multiple Attractions:

WindSeeker (in 5 parks / 6 including alternative name)

Dinosaurs Alive! (in 8 parks)

Delirium (in 2 parks)

Power Tower (in 2 parks)

Vortex (name used in 3 parks)

The Bat (name used in 2 parks)

SkyHawk (name used in 2 parks)

Leftover From Paramount:

*Flight of Fear  (in 2 parks)

*Ricochet (in 2 parks)

*Hurler (in 2 parks)

Leftover From Paramount But Renamed:

*Flight Deck (name used in 2 parks)

*Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (in 4 parks)

*Backlot Stunt Coaster (in 3 parks)

*Drop Tower: Scream Zone (in 5 parks)

As you can see Six Flags Multiple Attractions significantly outnumbers Cedar Fair. The only way to compare them is if you include all the duplicates CF acquired in 2006 from Paramount. Also, Cedar Fair's last duplicate was 2013, while Six Flags is still installing duplicates as of 2017.

I've always felt Six Flags is trying to appeal to brand awareness and focuses on local population for business. Nothing about their structure reminds me of the resort & vacation destination parks. (Eg. Disney, Dollywood, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens)

This strategy feels archaic to me. With the vast amount of information on the internet, and cheap travel costs, I would want to differentiate the locations as much as possible. Instead, it sounds like "Come to a Six Flags® near you to experience and World Class* rides on GoliathTM, BatmanTM, and SupermanTM!"

• Like 5

Huh- no RMC Conversions this year, or any brand-new roller coaster installs besides the S&S Free Fly's. Though the flat rides that parks are getting look good, and from what I have heard the Justice League rides are good dark rides. And no Larson Loops in 2017.

The "most exciting" of all the new-for-2017 Six Flags rides, IMO, has to go to Fiesta Texas though. Their water coaster looks awesome, and if it compares to the amazing Wildebeest, that park has a winner.

• Like 5

Does RMC have ANY announced projects for 16/17 off season? I still would be really surprised if CP started on a project with that site so soon with all the other projects they have going.

Keep in mind they do the track work for the S&S Free Spin's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of complaining throughout social media that the SIX parks additions are just meh...not big enough, disappointing, etc. 

Aren't they in the process of building a park in Dubai? Wouldn't that stifle capital expenditures? (I'm really not sure if that would have any affect on the current parks). 

Side notes, I'm not quite sure I get the new water coaster. What's the point of the big discs if the rafts don't even go into them? 

• Like 3

SeaWorld San Antonio is building an Intamin next year. It's a jet ski coaster but it's still exciting to see them return to the U.S. market.

I had no idea that was Intamin, i thought that was going to be either Mack or Vekoma, interesting to see them return to the US after their last coaster being Skyrush 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I have a question about SIX season passes:  I bought a pass online, what seems to be the equivalent of a FUN Platinum pass (All US SIX Parks, free parking) online with SFOG as my home SIX park.  It was only $51.99 +tax/fees so around $60 total.  I won't be able to process until the Christmas event starts.  I called to confirm that I wouldn't loose my other SIX benefits or parking pass and was told no.  The only benefit I will loose is not getting a free Christmas ticket for a friend by not processing by 9-26. 

Am I totally misunderstanding, or did I get the park deal of the year? 

When you have to process to get free gold benefits (chainwide parking) depends on your home park and on the offer you purchased. Your season pass voucher should explicitly mention when you have to process to get each offer. Look under "Instructions" in each offer box.

• Like 1

When you have to process to get free gold benefits (chainwide parking) depends on your home park and on the offer you purchased. Your season pass voucher should explicitly mention when you have to process to get each offer. Look under "Instructions" in each offer box.

There was no mention of processing timelines on the pass or the parking.  The only caveat was the free Christmas ticket.  It seems to good to be true, and I am a SIX virgin. 

Do you have a printout of the pass voucher?

I just looked at my voucher for Great Adventure.

There are 4 boxes, 1 for the pass, 1 for the dining pass, 1 for the free parking and 1 for the free upgrade to a Gold pass. The free parking and gold boxes have an expiration date of 10/31/16 (even though the park is open until January 2, 2017 this season) and the season pass box has an expiration date of 12/31/17.

edit, nevermind I see that was already mentioned.

For the current Six Flags Over Georgia offer it looks like the passes have to be processed by September 25th, but it might have been different for the Flash Sale earlier this month:

PLEASE NOTE: To receive this incredible offer you must buy during our Back to School Sale. To get the free upgrade to Gold level, free parking, free White Water, and bonus Holiday in the Park ticket, you must purchase four or more Season Passes or Memberships and pick up your new Season Passes or Membership cards at the park by September 25, 2016.