Fast Lane Needed?

Hdouglas

My family of four is headed to Kings Island for the first time tomorrow, Sunday, August 28, 2016. We only have one day to tour the park. I know school is back in session and thus, the park may not be as crowded, but I'm trying to determine if it's worth $300 for us to get Fast Lane. I know they are offering free entry to all police and fire personnel this weekend as well. It's a lot of money, but it would be worth it for me to pay it if the lines are going to be long. I'd like to purchase in advance as it save some money if I'm going to do it. But I will be pretty upset about spending the money if I get in there and there's no lines or very short ones. Any suggestions?

I'm not aware if there is a prepaid discount. I rarely do Fast Lane passes and I just wait to see how crowded it is. If you decide to buy them, (it may be busy because of the current discount/free promotions) and if you have a gold or platinum pass, ask if you get a discount. I have never had a discount at KI but at CP last week I got FLP FOR THE FL price.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My family of four is headed to Kings Island for the first time tomorrow, Sunday, August 28, 2016. We only have one day to tour the park. I know school is back in session and thus, the park may not be as crowded, but I'm trying to determine if it's worth $300 for us to get Fast Lane. I know they are offering free entry to all police and fire personnel this weekend as well. It's a lot of money, but it would be worth it for me to pay it if the lines are going to be long. I'd like to purchase in advance as it save some money if I'm going to do it. But I will be pretty upset about spending the money if I get in there and there's no lines or very short ones. Any suggestions?

We have done both (paid online and paid at the park).  It is actually a little cheaper to pay at the park (no processing fees).  Plus, you can see if you really need it.  I have seen folks with them on days that it everything was a walkon.

I know its a lot of money, but if you only have one day and want to ride, I would recommend it.  The heat they are predicting wont help either.

I have never gotten a discount at KI with seasons passes (and have asked), but it does not hurt to ask again if you have one.  Its odd that Cedar Point offered it, but they more I read the more I see that not all policies are across the board.

Something other things to consider, I think it also a bring a friend day.  Additionally, seasons pass renewers get a free Fast Lane for Sundays.

In any case, I would recommend waiting until you are at the park to get them (if needed).

Go ahead, have fun, and Welcome to KIC

• Like 2

It sounds like today hasn't been very busy so I would be surprised if tomorrow is too much. If you want to ride all the coasters, it's very possible without Fastlane even on a moderately busy day, especially if you are at the park right at open.

If you don't want to skip Invertigo (I would), do it right away, otherwise hit FoF and Firehawk right after open. Swing around to Backlot. That takes care of all the lower capacity ones that tend to get longer lines later in the day. Then do Beast (or wait for a night ride if you only want to ride it once) and Diamondback. It may be around time to take a lunch break. Then start back at the front of the park, do The Bat and Banshee, Adventure Express, The Racer, and Vortex. Finally head over to Planet Snoopy for Woodstock Express, Surf Dog, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, and The Great Pumpkin coaster (if you have short ones to ride it with). You will probably still have enough time to do all of the Big Three (Banshee, Beast, and Diamondback) again if you wish.

• Like 3

We're here now and thus far, a Fast Lane isn't needed on the water slide. We've ridden all of the slides, Zoom Flume being the longest wait at about 15 minutes. The kids have ridden mostly everything 1-2 already. Great day to be here.

As for the dry side, looks like waits are between 5-15 minutes according to the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I decided to put my own time where my mouth was as far as the coaster schedule I listed. Granted everything was a walk on except Beast and Woodstock Express. I walked at a somewhat fast pace for most people, but it was my "OMG it's 90 degrees out" pace rather than my Beast to Banshee in 5 minutes pace (which I can do). The times are from when I stepped into the queue to when I left the exit.

Invertigo 10:00-10:05

FoF 10:12-10:17

Firehawk 10:17-10:25

Backlot 10:30-10:36

Beast 10:38-10:53

Diamondback 10:57-11:05

Lunch

Bat 12:15-12:28

Banshee 12:30-12:39

Adventure Express 12:44-12:51

Racer 12:52-12:59

Vortex 1:04-1:12

Flying Ace 1:22-1:28

Surf Dog 1:30-1:43

Woodstock Express 1:45-1:57

So I did all the coasters but Great Pumpkin in under 3 hours, plus took an hour for lunch.

• Like 6