Season dining plan system down at CP Labor Day

We were up at CP yesterday and tried to get lunch about 12:30 and we were told the computers were down and could not use our dinning plan. They were working on it and to try back later, so we got on a couple of rides and then came back a half our later and still down. We were really hungry at this point so I just paid for it but it still came out to about $30. I kept my receipts.

I sent the park a nice email this morning requesting a refund and although GS has in the past been very responsive I am not expecting a quick answer and I am sure they dealing with hundreds or more likely thousands of complaints about it. (I didn't complain, crap happens, but I think it could have been handled better)

Anybody experience this before and have a clue what I should expect?

SFSTL had these kinds of problems a few years ago several times and they handled it by just writing down your pass number and giving you your food. Though I think it was printed on your pass if you had the dinning plan.

I would not have paid, same thing happened over in Soak City around noon and they were just giving people their food if on a dining plan. It isn't the Guest fault the system is down, the park has a right to take care of dining plan Guests. It seems CP has some system issues when it comes to dining then any other park I've used a dining plan at.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

When there were dining plan issues in previous seasons at KI & CP, they simply wrote down pass numbers to process later. Granted, this system could be easily abused. Perhaps that's why they required guests to pay.

I'd definitely expect you to get your refund, as you had prepaid those meals through your dining plan, though it may take awhile going through e-mail at this point in the season. Stopping by Guest Services at the end of the day would have been quicker, but I suspect you wanted to be on the road at that point.

• Like 1

I thought that's what they should do. I don't see much of an abuse issue because if they have your pass number and you lied and don't have a meal plan they could always suspend your pass. I was told it was park wide so I didn't bother going somewhere else and it could be that stand (pizza, burger, hotdog walking taco etc. by Valravyn) was given incorrect instructions.

If in a week or so I don't hear back from Guest Services I will give them a call. One error is nothing to get my panties all in a bunch about. One reason I didn't bother go to GS was I figured they were being mobbed by irate passholders and it would be just easier to deal with it later.

• Like 1