New Maze Field Of Screams- Thoughts?

Skyrider

***Spoilers- ​I wanted to say that I was pleasantly surprised about how well I enjoyed the new maze Field of Screams last night.  Kings Island did a great job of setting up the theming especially at the entrance of the maze with the creepy old house, the barn entrance into the maze, and the creepy farmer's wife that told a little story before going inside the maze. If you are thinking of a reboot of Cornstalkers I think you will be impressed that this maze is so much more than that.  It has good scares throughout and it seems like a really long maze when inside it.  I remember Kings Island saying KillMart was the longest maze when it first opened but I think this probably tops that.

It gives me hope that next year Kings Island will replace several old themed mazes and give us even more fresher themed mazes with great theming.  It was nice going back in the woods for a maze again and it brought back memories a little of the Trail of Terror.  There is also a great view of The Racer and WindSeeker when leaving the maze.

If you have been in Field of Screams what are your thoughts about this new maze?

• Like 4

Went to Haunt last night, did Field of Screams, Kill Mart, Urgent Scare, Madame Fatale's, and Slaughterhouse. General consensus in our group was that everyone like Field of Screams best for many of the reasons you listed. A very well done and at times disorienting maze. The farmhouse and barn at the entrance really set the tone.

• Like 1

I liked this maze, overall. The line moved fast, the theming was excellent, and the maze was long. My only disappointment, as it was with most houses lastnight, was a lack of scare actors. There isn't enough fear eye candy to distract from the gaps between employees. It just doesn't play with your mind enough. I will note that the unique view of WindSeeker at night, and the walk alongside The Racer made the exit to this attraction interesting. As did a few dressed up Dinosaurs that you can view while waiting for the attraction.

• Like 2

I felt that Field of Screams was VERY lacking in terms of length. With the whole walk around the corn maze area, you are virtually left with no scares for 5 minutes. Not to mention the fact that you never truly went into any sheds, or farm houses, but through the cornfields and the small areas of work. In terms of people, I think it had enough, even though it was repetitive in where people would be. I'm glad to see a Cornstalkers 2.0, but at the same time, I feel as if this attraction could have done so much more than end with a long walk back. Even if the walk back was filled with even more corn, and scarecrows, that would have been great. But really overall, the attraction was fun, disorienting, exciting, for once a great attraction outdoors at Kings Island post ToT, but is lacking with a solid finale.

• Like 2

BB1 actually summed up my thoughts really well--Field of Screams is essentially CornStalkers 2.0, and, while the actual design of it is what CornStalkers probably always should have been, it kinda just mainly combines the parts of CornStalkers and Tombstone Terror-Tory that used to get complained about a lot around here (repetitive scares and an out-of-the-way location that requires it to be longer than it probably should be.) As someone who enjoyed the middle-of-the-road scares of both of those mazes, Field of Screams was enjoyable, but I can see why others would be disappointed.

I do have to say, though: I really liked the entrance area. It's a strong step forward for the outdoor haunts at the park. The scareactors were also doing really well in FoS.

I felt that Field of Screams was VERY lacking in terms of length. With the whole walk around the corn maze area, you are virtually left with no scares for 5 minutes. Not to mention the fact that you never truly went into any sheds, or farm houses, but through the cornfields and the small areas of work. In terms of people, I think it had enough, even though it was repetitive in where people would be. I'm glad to see a Cornstalkers 2.0, but at the same time, I feel as if this attraction could have done so much more than end with a long walk back. Even if the walk back was filled with even more corn, and scarecrows, that would have been great. But really overall, the attraction was fun, disorienting, exciting, for once a great attraction outdoors at Kings Island post ToT, but is lacking with a solid finale.

I agree it would be better if they added some scare actors when you are walking around the perimeter of the corn maze at the end.  I think though it is a really great start on having a well themed maze and the scares are more unpredictable as other older mazes.  Maybe that's because I have been through the older mazes so many times and its great to see something new and fresh for a change.

• Like 1

I went through Saturday night and like others have said, the entrance to the maze paired with the old house to the left was themed really well. They had some guy on the porch pacing back and forth screaming at people to go away. He did a really good job of seeming authentic. He reminded me of the the Errol character from season 1 of True Detective if anyone watched that :)

• Like 1

Went Saturday night and enjoyed FoS.  My biggest complaint is using Dinosaurs Alive as the que line to get in.  The first animatronic on the right was ripped at the mouth.  I understand there are people who will touch/deface them in any situation.  I just think that having that many people there waiting in a line, bored is an invitation to vandalize our beloved dinos.

The fix seems simple enough, have the entrance line next to the exit line without entering DA at all.

Lines moved well and I was overall impressed with the first weekend experience. 

• Like 1