Roller coasters may help patients pass kidney stones

Riding in the back was most effective.

If a doctor prescribes roller coasters, I wonder if an argument could be made for FSA reimbursement for a Platinum Pass? Too bad Cedar Point just got rid of their coaster that was really effective at knocking things loose. :)

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/research-finds-thrilling-cure-kidney-stones-roller-coasters-n654576

• Like 10

Nope, nope, nope. Oxycodone followed up by the first available surgical appointment.

Edit: I suppose this could make for a good NC-17 Haunt attraction

Let's just say when I had mine I experienced what the doctors called "referred pain". It felt like my left testicle was in a vice.

When animals are in extreme pain they are very dangerous. :)

I actually passed a kidney stone at Kings Island last year! It was the last operating day of the year and I was going with my younger brother and a friend. I tried and tried to pass it before we left that morning, but just couldn't do it. So I drank close to a gallon of water on the way there (were about 2 hours away) and as soon as we got to the park I ran to the Festhaus bathroom and passed it right away

• Like 1