Tom and Chee

TRTR Guy

Rumor has it that the guys at the stand are saying they won't be part of the meal plan this season. Anyone able to confirm this tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Due to computer issues and logistics, they are not likely to be able to implement the dining plan this season. This was told to us by the workers at the stand immediately after park opening.

^Yup, which is truly a bummer as I was excited to grab a grilled cheese for free. It will be something to look forward to after riding Mystic Timbers.

On a side note, the place looks dead, too pricy is my note.

• Like 2

As reported by the KICentral Twitter, the Tom + Chee location at Kings Island is a test. If all goes well they will be back next year and the plan is to have them on the dining plan.

It's unfortunate they aren't setting them up for success. I'd assume vendors make less on dining plan costumers, but I assume they still make some profit. Plus dining plan holders would bring their friends or buy extra items occasionally. If this season is a test, it seems destined to fail if they can't get essentially free word of mouth advertising from the pass holders.

• Like 1

We used to have a Tom and Chee here in Pickerington, but it shut. I didn't get to eat there too many times due to the price, but really the only things worth eating there were the grilled cheese donut and the beer cheese soup. I loved those so much! I wish they included the beer cheese soup in the Kings Island one. In my opinion, their tomato soup wasn't very good, which is disappointing since I normally love tomato soup. Hopefully the one at Kings Island is better.

I'm going to try out the s'mores donut when I go to Kings Island next Sunday. I never got to try that one while ours was open. I hope it's good.

I don't know... But when you use a dining plan at any food location you can see on the cash register a reduced price that shows up. I assume that is the price that Kings Island pays the food vendor (and thus that's the amount they count for their daily sales total). If I recall, the values I've seen are in the ~$7 range per meal.

• Like 1

"Speed voucher" for our Cheesesteaks at Chickies and Pete's at CP was $8.60. I recall most food we had at Cw was $10.

I started keeping a log at the beginning of the season but lost it when my phone crapped out. Would be interesting to see what some people's totals are.

Heh, if CP is paying that amount, I got more than a good deal with my meal plan. Averaging 7 bucks a meal, I have probably eaten 20-30 times there across the season.

On topic however, I am very much looking forward to Tom and Chee, sure if may not be THE BEST DEAL EVER for food, but by gum it isn't the same 3-4 meal that are offered across the rest of the park. I like chicken, but I can only eat Chicken Tenders and something made from potatoes so many times.

I'd really like to see some more localized spots opening up. People come to Cincinnati from some distance, usually for the sole purpose of going to Kings Island. I'd really like it to be used sort of like a gateway of the city. We already have Morlein beer, Skyline Chili, Larosas Pizza, Graeters Ice Cream. Tom and Chee is good offering from another local company.

• Like 4

I just ate there yesterday. The grilled cheese donut was just as good as I remember. One thing they should bring to the KI menu is their dipper option - it's just a very small cup of soup, enough to dip your sandwich in.  I was glad they included potato chips with your sandwich, at the Pickerington location they never did that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Really overpriced for just a simple sandwich. With something that I could make at home for about $3.00, I could buy at this location for $8! I'm sorry but if this doesn't get onto the dining plan, I'm not eating, if the sandwich was larger I would maybe think about it, but in no way is that sandwich worth $8 on it's own.

They have to make a profit on that sandwhich plus I'm sure KI gets a cut.