RMC at KI?

Oldschool75

I agree that the type of vehicle isn't specific to RMC, so it being there has no correlation to RMC doing anything at Kings Island.

However: the general feel I'm getting from the replies in this thread is that if an RMC vehicle shows up somewhere, it can only mean something big (like a completely new ride or a Texas Giant-style redo) is in the works. I think you all are forgetting Georgia Cyclone, Tremors, or Rattler, all of which are (or at one point were) partially retracked with Topper Track. If an RMC truck were to show up at KI this season or this off-season**, it's not inconceivable that they would be doing work in preparation for the 2017 season.

**This is not a hint. I have no insider knowledge concerning whether or not an RMC truck will be showing up anywhere in the Cincinnati area anytime soon. I'm just playing the devil's advocate.

• Like 2

^^ Good point. RMC also performed some non-Topper Track retracting on The Boss a few years ago.

They are a first and foremost a construction company. Now that CF has a relationship with them and they have equipment and crews in OH they could conceivably take on a mundane project such as a restroom at X-Base or even drive their cranes down here to help with Mr. T if they are not needed up north for a period of time. :)

If we aren't getting a B&M giga, I would love to see a T-Rex at the park, whether it's a giga or not, not gonna happen anytime soon though. Imagine Schilke with over 300 feet of height potential, he's already a madman with less than 150!

He has stated in interviews that he prefers the smaller rides, because he can do more without worrying about exceeding stress levels. Larger rides require larger pullouts and transitions between design elements.

• Like 2

IF that is a RMC truck with signage, there could be countless reasons its there......on way to CP and help a bit with MT perhaps...maybe the exects are just inquiring about an RMC conversion on The Beast (doubt that, but never know). it broke down....hiding out from CP until announcement is made for mean streak...or maybe the drivers just stopped by for a day at the park..im sure they love coasters just as much if not more than everybody else...who knows?

• Like 2