Would you like to see B&M redesign Firehawk?

SonofBaconator

This question popped into my head the other day when I was watching a Tatsu POV on Youtube. As much as I love Firehawk, I'm not too crazy on the Vekoma Flying Dutchman design and would love to see what a B&M Flyer version of Firehawk would be like. Firehawk 2.0? There wouldn't be a loud rattling chain in you ear, the sun wouldn't be in your eyes on the lift hill, the layout would alter slightly, and it would provide, in my opinion, a better ride experience. Agree with me? Disagree with me? Let me know what you think.

(I apologize for possibly offending any Firehawk fans out there.)

• Like 3

If Firehawk did bite the dust and a B&M flyer took its place, I'd rather have a customized layout instead of a note-for-note remake of Firehawk.  Firehawk was modeled after the prototype flying coaster, B&M's have made theirs more refined. 

I've never been on a B&M flyer myself, but I have heard many prefer the Vekoma flyer design to B&M's, at least on the smaller flying coasters.  

• Like 1

Not interested. I have liked all three Vekoma Flying Dutchmen I've ridden (Firehawk, Nighthawk, Batwing) well enough. I'd willingly ride any of them any time their lines aren't too severe.

The B&M flyers I've ridden are all one extreme or the other--boring and not worth a walk-on wait (two Supermen: Ultimate Flights) or better than the Vekomas (Manta.) Add in the awkward and uncomfortable waiting on the brake run that comes with all the B&M flyers, and I'm out. No thanks! You might lose the loud lift noise, but that's literally the only benefit, in my eyes.

• Like 3

I can't answer the poll since I've never experienced a B&M flyer, but I do love the current ride experience offered by Firehawk. The loud lift, while annoying, is easily made up for by the rest of the ride. Specifically, the loop is the best loop I've experienced out of the 5 parks I've been to. The only thing that keeps me from riding it more often is the poor capacity.

• Like 1

Not interested. I have liked all three Vekoma Flying Dutchmen I've ridden (Firehawk, Nighthawk, Batwing) well enough. I'd willingly ride any of them any time their lines aren't too severe.

The B&M flyers I've ridden are all one extreme or the other--boring and not worth a walk-on wait (two Supermen: Ultimate Flights) or better than the Vekomas (Manta.) Add in the awkward and uncomfortable waiting on the brake run that comes with all the B&M flyers, and I'm out. No thanks! You might lose the loud lift noise, but that's literally the only benefit, in my eyes.

The waiting on the brake run with your head tilted down is something I hate about B&M flying coasters. It's one of the few times I prefer 1 train running so you can avoid it.

I voted for no redesign and a Vekoma Flying Dutchman (as I prefer Firehawk to Superman at SFGAM. Even though I love the historical significance of Vekoma Flyers (as they were a product of the early 2000's, when coaster designers stumbled upon this new innovation), I would love to see a custom B&M flyer closer to KI.

EDIT: To chime in about the waiting on the brake run face down on a B&M flyer, I thought this would be weird, but on-ride, I felt secure, like I was waiting on the brake run of any other coaster.

• Like 1

I'd only wish for B&M replacement if their capacity for their flyers are as fast as the rest of their coasters..

I LOVE the fact that you don't get face down until you're already 100' in the air... but goodness the speed to get those trains out is a crawl most days it seems. I usually skip Firehawk on each visit. I only ride when the park is dead

• Like 2

I'd say no, a B&M flyer is not complete without a pretzel loop, absolutely the main reason I enjoy Superman as much as I do. The back row is absolute insanity, it goes from ridiculous airtime to crushing forces at the bottom. I'm heading down to Sea World and BGT so I'll be experiencing a much more complete flying coaster.

If they're anything like B&M's restraints for their newer trains (Banshee and on) then I'd have to disagree.. vekoma restraints on Firehawk are nice because they lock during loading so that they never get tighter or wont have a constant pull on you, they'll only keep you from going too far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...