Dining Plan and Fear Feast

Beerman_IPA

Last Friday while in line to enter the Fear Feast the gentleman at my table mentioned that if you have the All Day Dining Plan it covers the Fear Feast as well. 

Is this true or some sort of vicious rumor??!!   If so then its definitely another plus for the dining plan.

*i tried searching some past posts but couldn't find this info.  My search skills stink, sorry.

The $5 upcharge is well worth it for all-you-can-eat, free softdrinks, and a front-of-the-line pass. Also a nice change if you've been using your dining plan all season and are a little bored.

However, the pass isn't /supposed/ to get you in Skeleton Key rooms, although there was some confusion on that last year as well. Don't count on Skeleton Key, but if you do get to go in the room, be appreciative.

• Like 5

Fright Feast is an all-you-can-eat buffet experience the park offers for an upcharge on Friday nights in the Picnic Grove. Beerman_IPA was asking if Fright Feast is included with the all-season dining plan.

Actually his original post asked about the All Day Dinning Plan, not the All Season Dinning Plan, two very different plans.

A Fright Feast and admission combo is offered on the website for Saturdays so I am guessing it is not just Friday's.

What's Fear Fest? I think you've had one too many Beerman my friend.

Boo. ;)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification.  I figured we just got lucky with the Skeleton Key rooms.  Awesome deal though still for just $5 and i did mean the All Season Dining plan.  I am getting everything wrong today! 

I remember they had a dining experience in Madame Fatale's the first year it opened which was pretty cool as well but it was a bit pricey.

@thecoastercritic doh I keep referring to Fright Feast as Fear Feast.  No beer involved in that one or maybe i would have gotten it right?!  My humblest apologies ;)  Thanks for the correction! 

Yea it's hit or miss for if the pass gets you into a skeleton key room. Did the feast in 2015 and 2016. 2015 we got into the Skeleton Key room but last year we didn't. Technically it is not supposed to be but sometimes get lucky. Was really hoping to get into Slaughterhouse's last year but unfortunately not.

Yea it's hit or miss for if the pass gets you into a skeleton key room. Did the feast in 2015 and 2016. 2015 we got into the Skeleton Key room but last year we didn't. Technically it is not supposed to be but sometimes get lucky. Was really hoping to get into Slaughterhouse's last year but unfortunately not.

I got lucky i guess.  We typically used the FOL pass on Slaughter House and always made it into the SK  area.  I will pick up a Skeleton Key / Fright Lane pass the 28th since it will probably be way to busy that night anyway. I typically get it 1 night during the haunt season just to experience the Skeleton Key locals we missed.

Thanks again for the info.  Good to know i have a little luck at something...

On a side note:

I think it would be nice if they add some Scare-actors wandering the Fright Feast like some other parks do, maybe they will add that next year.  We did a similar meal event at Halloween Horror Nights last year that added some scare-actor interaction which was cool.  Different parks but still a neat touch. 

• 2 weeks later...

We did this last Saturday. The sign out front spelled out the charges for the deal, including the $5 upcharge for all-season dining. Supposed to be all-you-can-eat buffet (hot dogs, pulled pork, and delicious fried chicken), a one-time front--of-line maze pass, and a drink cup. But oh, while paying, "the drink cup is not included with the all-season-dining", which kind-of stinks. Platinum passes and dining plan were roughly $1000 at the beginning of the season. There was no asterisk that excluded all-season upcharge users, and the drinks one can consume from 6pm-1am are pretty limited. It was advertised as "while supplies last", and there are truckloads of those things. I feel that the sign should have said it wasn't included, or we should have gotten them (truth in advertising). What do y'all think?

We did this last Saturday. The sign out front spelled out the charges for the deal, including the $5 upcharge for all-season dining. Supposed to be all-you-can-eat buffet (hot dogs, pulled pork, and delicious fried chicken), a one-time front--of-line maze pass, and a drink cup. But oh, while paying, "the drink cup is not included with the all-season-dining", which kind-of stinks. Platinum passes and dining plan were roughly $1000 at the beginning of the season. There was no asterisk that excluded all-season upcharge users, and the drinks one can consume from 6pm-1am are pretty limited. It was advertised as "while supplies last", and there are truckloads of those things. I feel that the sign should have said it wasn't included, or we should have gotten them (truth in advertising). What do y'all think?

I will pay attention to the sign tonight.  I have honestly never looked at it.

As for the cup..   I have gone in previous years as well and never received a cup other then the paper one to get refills while in the picnic grove.  I am skipping the feast this evening though due to how horrible the food was last Friday.

The buns were very dry, like they were left over from the previous week and not stored properly.  They just crumbled apart so i had to eat my pulled pork sandwich with a fork (sacrilegious).  Beans were cold... probably the best item was the pasta that night.   The gift i got at the end of the day was time on the throne...I will go to old faithful (larosas or the burrito spot) tonight and pay attention to that sign as well when i get to the park.  Sorry to hear you had a crappy experience.  I love rooting for KI but its always a big bummer when these things happen.

Wow - on Saturday the on

I will pay attention to the sign tonight.  I have honestly never looked at it.

As for the cup..   I have gone in previous years as well and never received a cup other then the paper one to get refills while in the picnic grove.  I am skipping the feast this evening though due to how horrible the food was last Friday.

The buns were very dry, like they were left over from the previous week and not stored properly.  They just crumbled apart so i had to eat my pulled pork sandwich with a fork (sacrilegious).  Beans were cold... probably the best item was the pasta that night.   The gift i got at the end of the day was time on the throne...I will go to old faithful (larosas or the burrito spot) tonight and pay attention to that sign as well when i get to the park.  Sorry to hear you had a crappy experience.  I love rooting for KI but its always a big bummer when these things happen.

Wow - on Saturday the only thing that was cold that should not have been were the hot dogs. Buns were fine, pork was hot (although I'm doing a low glycemic index diet so I did eat it with a fork lol). It's just the principal of the thing for me. If the sign had an asterisk or other disclaimer it was not apparent to me. I have a pic of it, but cannot upload until later on. I'm planning to go down again tonight, we'll see if it has been updated. Just seems chincy (is that even a word?) to pull that on your passholders with dining, when there are only a couple weekends left and you're really just trying to eliminate the inventory anyway.

• Like 1