Weight limit

robertsashley812

I have a question I have been hardcore dieting and know that by next season I won't have an issue with the rides but we are going Saturday and even though I am down almost 20lbs I am still quite large and carry it mostly in my stomach so I'm just wondering if anyone knows about how certain rollercoaster seats are mainly stunt track, Adventure Express, The Bat, The Beast, and The Racer. I know like diamond back has the trial seat but I just want to have advance warning I went to Coney Island about a month ago and had the embarrassment of being told I was too big for a ride so I am trying to avoid that again.

• Like 1

You may have issues with The Beast, but that is a combination of weight and height. I am 220 and 6'2" and I have difficulty at times with The Beast. Maybe not so much with getting into the seat, but being comfortable while in it I am smooshed.

The Bat shouldn't be a problem, it comes overhead and may just sit up a bunch, but the width of the seat is generous and the lack of actual lap bar should remove some problem, especially if you carry in the stomach like you said, upper chest and shoulder width would be the problem there.

I am not sure on The Racer or Adventure Express, I have never felt like I would have a problem there or every seen anyone bigger than me have issues.

There typically isn't a weight limit. But the park does state at many of its rides that it may not accommodate guests of larger size. 
For plenty of the rides, it could depend on the operator checking your seat. As some operators can get certain people in, while others cannot. 

Adventure Express you will be able to ride, if you are in rows 1, 4, 7, 10, 13.
The Bat you will be able to ride, no matter what. 
The Beast, As said, just depends on the person. 
The Racer is the same way as Beast.

On The Beast, you might be a tight squeeze  but I have never seen anyone kicked off it for being too big and I think it will be okay. Adventure Express should be fine although the seat is kinda tight for me at 6'0" 225 lbs. Backlot Stunt Track should be fine although going up through the first couple of twist may feel a little bit tight, but mostly its likely going to be fine and fun. The Racer should be okay but the seat belt might get a little loose, its happens to me on The Racer but nothing to worry about, its still lots of fun. The Bat you'll have no problem with at all as the harness is over your head and their is lots of room in the ride car for your feet to rest. Also you might wanna consider Banshee as its over the head restraints are very similar to The Bat and can accommodate all people. Overall if you are asked to leave a ride dont hang your head just go to the ones that you for sure can ride like The Bat, Adventure Express, Backlot, and so on. Most likely you will be able to ride almost everything and just go with whats comfortable for you and take some pointers from this forum. Most importantly have fun! Hope this helps, MaestroJr

Also you might wanna consider Banshee as its over the head restraints are very similar to The Bat and can accommodate all people.

Uh... no. Banshee is much less accommodating than The Bat, and doubly so for someone who carries their weight in the stomach. Banshee has completely different restraints than The Bat. The latter come down primarily on your shoulders and chest, but Banshee's restraints come down on your stomach. I've never seen a "walk of shame" (term for when someone must have their restraint released so they can exit because they couldn't get it down far enough to lock) on The Bat, but I've seen many on Banshee.

Banshee has a test seat. Use it. And if it's a very tight fit, know that rows 4 and 5 are modified to accommodate slightly larger people. There's not much of a difference, but it might be enough.

• Like 1

The biggest challenge with all the rides is that it is truly dependent on how the weight is distributed around your body. I've seen people leave all rides at a certain size whereas another person about the size could ride. My personal experience won't help because I'm a bit shorter (5'2") and my weight distribution (challenge areas for rides) is mostly my chest, hips and thighs.

Congrats on starting the process...it's not easy to do but it's worth it! Regardless of what you are able to ride, I hope you have a great visit! There is lots of fun to be had even if you don't ride much. :) Good luck!

• Like 2

I am roughly like 245 and thanks for the insight I just dont want to be embarrassed and ruin the day which I know is my fault for getting this big but I am working as hard as I can to get the weight off and am down almost 20lbs in about a month so I'm roughly 245 at 5'4.

First, congratulations on losing almost 20lbs !!!  I was 280+lbs july 15th of this year and have got down to 236 lbs in less than 3 months so far. Its not easy so pat yourself on the back for getting to where you are!!

I unfortunately am tall (6'5"~ ) so even if my weight were not an issue most rides are not comfy for me to sit in.  I will say The Beast isn't bad but the lap bar on the older rides sometimes caused more issues for me due to my belly then the pull over shoulder restraints did, though they would at times dig into my 'moobs' in a very uncomfortable way.  Like mentioned before, The Bat would be ok and Adventure Express as well, though i only rode it once, i enjoyed it and it wasn't to bad a fit in the front row.  My only complaint about it was it was just rough in general.  Diamondback is also accommodating.

Keep up the good work.  Stay strong and you can pull it off :)

• Like 1