S&S Sansei Technologies offerings

Wasn't sure if this was the right area to post, but why not!

So as I'm looking through a magazine I received in the mail, I noticed an ad for S&S Sansei Technologies is offering a few new and response coaster concepts.

They are featuring a Twisted Looper a response to the B&M Wing Coaster, a Free 4D Spin Coaster (has been out for a bit) a response to the Intamin Zacspin Coaster, a Family Inverted Coaster a response to what I can tell a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster and a 3L Launch Coaster of which I can't recall if there are similar styles out there for S&S to respond to.

Here is the ad:

c7838b4859bff885d3ffe44983c61ce1.jpg

So a few questions to pose, what do you think of the offerings? Do you see any being installed anywhere close to us? Are these concepts enough to get their products out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

While S&S has had problems (Hypersonic, Ring Racer), I think they have gotten better.  They're still getting a lot of business overseas, and while I think a lot of their designs are either a bit too ambitious are are just re-hashings of already proven designs, they're not too bad IMO.   I'd still take them over Intamin and maybe Gerstlauer to an extent.  Their non-coaster products still sell pretty well (see Hersheypark).  

• Like 1

While S&S has had problems (Hypersonic, Ring Racer), I think they have gotten better.  They're still getting a lot of business overseas, and while I think a lot of their designs are either a bit too ambitious are are just re-hashings of already proven designs, they're not too bad IMO.   I'd still take them over Intamin and maybe Gerstlauer to an extent.  Their non-coaster products still sell pretty well (see Hersheypark).  

Did they ever actually build a Ring Racer? 

I was hoping to try the 3L Launch Coaster this year at Playland's Castaway Cove in Ocean City, NJ but unfortunately the park ran into multiple delays and it never opened this season (along with their new Miler family coaster). The park posted on Facebook that they still might try to open the coasters for a weekend in November even though the park closed for the season but at this point I'll probably try to get there next year since Ocean City isn't that great this time of year with almost everything on the boardwalk closed after Columbus Day weekend.

I have had a chances to try the Free Spin at Great Adventure but when I watch the coaster, I just can't convince myself to get in line. All the flipping like a Zipper flat ride and moving backwards and flipping at the same time looks really dizzying to me. I'll probably eventually try it if I see the coaster with no line so I don't have time to think about it.

• Like 2

Rode one of the 4D/Freespin coasters this year, Batman at SFFT.   It was a different experience, rather disorienting. When we made it back to the station it felt like we came in from the wrong side to

me. It's not a bad ride, definitely another kind of coaster. It seems odd to me that rcdb lists it as a wing coaster, instead of a new category. 

Side note, not listed on your magazine ad, is that they will gladly build you an Arrow inspired, S&S Mine Train Coaster as well.

http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/product/mine-train/

• Like 4