WindSeeker temporary stopped

tuxedoman52

I don't think many understand the scope of trouble that would have to occur in order to have to bust out the "yellow thing."  If the computer malfunctions or even if they lose power they can manually lower it.  From what I understand, you would be something like a catastrophic cable break and the emergency clamps in place before an evac is even in the conversation. There's an excellent chance that they'll never have to evac the ride, and let's hope they never do.

• Like 4

An evacuation using that "yellow thing" would take a ridiculous amount of time since it can only accommodate four riders at a time.

4 is better than 1. When they first installed Drop Zone, if an emergency occurred, they could only evac one rider at a time. I suspect that just like DZ, it will take longer to get all the specialty teams in place and equipment rigged, than the actual evac.

Due to the height of those rides, Hamilton County USAR & support personnel have be brought in to do the actual rescue.

• Like 1