Final visit Haunt 2016, memorable final visit of the season!

MaestroJr

Happy Halloween fellow forum members, I hope everyone had a good 2016 season and now we look towards the completion and opening of our new Mystic Timbers in 2017! I had a great final visit on Saturday, October, 29. It was a day of long lines and lots of riding so here we go! 

We arrived at around 11:30 and made an immediate run to The Beast, unfortunately though, it wasnt open quite just yet so we instead opted for The Vortex. A short wait and great first ride of the day, afterwards we visited The Racer for another early morning ride. Rode near the middle on the Blue Racer and had a fun and bumpy ride racing with our fellow red train. The Beast still wasnt operating yet, so we headed over to the Action Zone for a ride on Banshee and this is about when the park started really getting full. We had about a 30 minute wait for Banshee and rode again towards the middle. A really fun and dizzying ride on Banshee and this helped wake me up and get my adrenaline going! Afterwards we headed to ride The Bat and even it had about a 20 minute wait, which usually doesnt happen but still that didnt bother us. Riding 2nd row The Bat seemed to fly on alot faster then usual and seemed to last very quick! We then headed to the Festhaus for some much needed La'Rosa's and a quick breather. Then we began the second part of our day.

We left Festhaus full and ready for some more riding. We headed for Boo Blasters for a quick cool down and a chance to up our scores from last time. We rode in car 1 and both got Master Blaster with a score of 1000 and for me 1210. Most things seemed to be working alright, except for a few things that havent worked in a long time. We left Bleakstone Manor and then headed to the Adventure Express. It was a normal 30 minute wait and even though it may not have the thrills, I have a lot of nostalgia for it and it seems to get more jerky every time I ride it! We then headed back to Boo Blasters and had about a 30 minute wait with the building full of people. At this point it really made me miss Maestro in the balcony as there really isnt any preshow before riding Boo Blasters. Looking up at the balcony, I really hope that Phantom could return in some way, but still I love Boo Blasters regardless. When we got to the front Boo Blasters stopped running for about 2 or 3 minutes and then started back up again. We didnt get very good blasters second time around but still did okay. We then rode The Racer again, this time in the red side and then Vortex again. By this time Haunt was about to start so we headed for some mazes.

We did Slaughterhouse first and really had a fun time in it. Didnt get scared but still very thrilling. It was also cool to see the Phantom Theater furnace which I think had actually fire in it this time. It really took me back and its cool to see it still being used. We also did Board to Death and again it was cool to see the rat from Phantom, popping up and gnarling, moving its mouth in a scary way. I really am surprised that it still works good and looks good as well. Then we headed for a final night ride on The Beast!

The wait was about 2 hours but well worth it. The Beast had red lights and smoke but besides that it was pitch black darkness. I think so far this has to be the best ride Ive taken on The Beast! We rode backseat and really had a great time on it. Ive never felt it be this fast and rough but at the same time very satisfying and loads of fun. We then headed for the exit on a very memorable final visit of 2016. Here is the photos I took.

The Bat

DSCF1966_zpsg2ivnfwh.jpg

Old Son of Beast train next to Mystic Timbers box

DSCF1969_zpsus3qdvof.jpg

Vortex

DSCF1970_zpscemrsfkl.jpg

Boo Blasters

Those eyes are always creepy

DSCF1972_zps4hfhzahx.jpg

Help, get away from me!

DSCF1968_zpsh2wwnu4k.jpg

Firehawk

dd282468-8fbc-4398-8e81-520fdc87bb27_zps

SlaughterHouse and Beast!

DSCF1974_zpsphglx24z.jpg

Eiffel Tower eyes and fog

b0ce0931-79f0-4c0c-aab9-7356513cfa81_zps

Overall a great visit, and I tried to get photos of Mystic Timbers although really couldnt get a good shot although it looks really good so far. Had a fantastic 2016 season at the Island and look forward to 2017!

Final ride count

Beast-1

Boo Blasters-2

Banshee-1

Adventure Express-1

Racer-2 Blue-1 Red-1

Bat-1

Vortex-2

Mazes

Board to Death-1

Slaughterhouse-1

Cheers!