Scooby's Ghoster Coaster

pianoman

Definitely very slow operations.. but it was cool having that lift, and though quite rough at the brakes.. I always liked how it wrapped around that airplane ride and how there were those remote control boats nearby.. I always thought it was cool, even though half the time it was too crowded to actually want to ride.

• Like 1

I rode the ride once with my cousin, on a very slow Sunday in October, probably around 2002.  One time was enough for me to say I had ridden it.  

I liked the feel of kiddie land back then.  It had a lot more trees (the area by the Disk-O seems so open and sunny on those hot July and August Days).  And they still had the kiddie tumble bug and the hand cars, which I had a blast riding when I was a kid.

• Like 2

Well this seems to have mixed reviews. I didn't ride it a whole lot but I thought it was still a fun ride. Yes I agree that it had long lines due to the loading capacity. Kiddie land was all different when I was little. Many of the rides were still Hannah Barbera themed. I actually liked the park better when it was still owned by Paramount. It was a whole different atmosphere. I really miss all the movie themes that would play on International Street like Top Gun, Mission Impossible, A Summer Place, James Bond theme and many more.

• Like 4

I actually worked this attraction a few times while it was in operation at KI.  It was a sloooooooooooow loader, and generated a notorious "ouch" from guests upon it's abrupt stop.  It was a very fun ride to watch - but ultimately not a wise choice for a high capacity park.

I always thought it's elevator lift looked like one of those elevators in an old Domino Rally toy playset.

156622898_vintage-domino-rally-blue-powePKI-11-6-2005-SGC-2.jpg

• Like 5

As I said in another thread regarding this ride. Neat concept, but atrociously slow line. And, even though my oldest at the time loved it, it was not adult friendly....at all. Especially when you're 6' 4" and 225lbs...not much wiggle room. And ouch, that abrupt stop at the end hurt in a special place. Don't miss it that's for sure..ha!

• Like 1

Even though it was gone before my first visit to the park, I would have liked to have tried the coaster at least once since it was a rare coaster type and looks like a somewhat different ride experience. The closest I have gotten to riding a similar coaster was Pteranodon Flyers at Islands of Adventure but couldn't ride because of the maximum height limit without a kid (even with only a few people in line).

• Like 1

I rode the ride once with my cousin, on a very slow Sunday in October, probably around 2002. One time was enough for me to say I had ridden it.

I liked the feel of kiddie land back then. It had a lot more trees (the area by the Disk-O seems so open and sunny on those hot July and August Days). And they still had the kiddie tumble bug and the hand cars, which I had a blast riding when I was a kid.

TREES!

That's what I love about KDs Planet Snoopy. It's almost all under tree canopy.

• Like 2

I loved riding Scoobys Ghoster Coaster as a kid as it and The Beastie and Adventure Express helped me get over the fear of roller coasters. I rode Scoobys Ghoster Coaster first which seemed very tall at the time and i really enjoyed riding it and then riding Scooby's Haunted Castle. The always seemed to fit well together and really  Scooby's Ghoster Coaster and Scoobys Haunted Castle were always a must ride and favorite of mine as a little kid. Lots of great memories on both rides! MaestroJr