Kings Island's next coaster predictions

SonofBaconator

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Gerstlauer would be great at smaller parks that don't have decent sit down loopers like Knotts, World's of Fun, Dorney Park, and Valley Fair. However, if they could fit one in X-Base I wouldn't complain. My only fear is that a Gerstlauer would make Vortex obsolete.  

I would love to see something like HangTime come to KI. Not necessarily with a holding brake as I would rather see a B&M Dive. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JubJester said:

I would love to see something like HangTime come to KI. Not necessarily with a holding brake as I would rather see a B&M Dive. 

Dives are my favorite model by B&M, but I just wish they were all different from each other. I want one that has a steeper drop that its original height to add to the intensity. I also want elements that aren't common for a dive coaster like a vertical loop, cobra roll, or something along tjose lines. Reinvent the dive machine like KI reinvented the invert.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2016 at 8:55 PM, Tr0y said:

Why not include B&M floorless Coaster? - Angry post from B&M floorless fan.

While I'm not sure I remember If I voted in this poll or not; If I could do it again, I would say bring in a Floorless as well. Maybe they could incorporate some twists from Dominator at Kings Dominion when they do add one. However, It's probably just me and you that think this way about a Floorless. The majority vote would go to the Giga vote.

• Like 3

I'm not sure on the likelihood of a B&M Floorless coming to any park. There have only been two built in the last 10 years, and both of them overseas (India and China). The last B&M Floorless built in the U.S. was Hydra the Revenge at Dorney in '05. Parks seem to be going with B&M's more modern models which is why so many probably expect a giga because of Cedar Fair's recent investments.

• Like 1

I think KI will get the giga as the next major coaster. I think we'll also get a triotech dark ride in the old crypt building themed to a cave. Maybe it could be called Cave of Discovery. Then after the giga, our next major coaster I think should be an Intamin Blitz over the Lake in Oktoberfest to really spruce up that area. That's something Cedar Fair seems to be doing when they add a new coaster in. They spruce up the surrounding area. Giga will probably either spruce up Coney Mall and/or Xbase and the Blitz should spruce up Oktoberfest. The dark ride probably will mostly be considered a dark ride not a roller coaster. I think for the dark ride, they'll do something more along the lines of Voyage to the Iron Reef, but if they get a Wonder Mountains Guardian, I wouldn't complain.

• Like 1

The main three I’d want to see is a blitz style coaster like Maverick, a giga, and a ground up RMC.

think a blitz coaster would be a great replacement for BLSC. Keep a similar feel there but could get better theming and better use of the whole area. Currently only about half the space is used and it could cross over the path and use the grassy area by Diamondback too. Think giving it a horse/steeplechase theme would make a great transitioning theme between Coney Mall and Rivertown as well. A horse themed motocoaster like at Coney Island would work too. Just make it do more than the back and forth of that ones layout.

The other big change I wouldn’t mind seeing is to have Congo Falls taken out and moved to Soak City, and either remove, or move to another area in the park, Invertigo. Then could use the space of those two rides to put in a Mack water coaster. This would keep a water type ride and something with the spirit of Congo Falls there but would be more fun and fit in better to that area of the park as well. Congo I think would be great for a high capacity and easy to get wet ride in Soak City. Could see the bridge itself being a popular way to get wet and cool off. I know lots of people avoid it now unless it’s teally hott because they don’t want to get soaked. Will do RFYLCB and WWC together then get dry and not want to be wet again.

• Like 2

It would be cool to see a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster in the Congo Falls space and Congo Falls in Rivertown where the Crypt building currently is. 

I don't know how an Intamin blitz would fit in Oktoberfest without demolishing the Hanks/ Der Alte Deutsche Bier Garten building and patio or even Festhaus. Plus, I don't believe Cedar Fair will work with Intamin for a long time.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 6:46 PM, BlondyRidesOn said:

It would be cool to see a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster in the Congo Falls space and Congo Falls in Rivertown where the Crypt building currently is. 

I don't know how an Intamin blitz would fit in Oktoberfest without demolishing the Hanks/ Der Alte Deutsche Bier Garten building and patio or even Festhaus. Plus, I don't believe Cedar Fair will work with Intamin for a long time.

Mack between Flight of Fear and Adventure Express? Could circle X-Base