Kings Island's next coaster predictions

SonofBaconator

I voted that I both think KI and want KI to build a B&M giga next.  Really it could be Intamin or B&M I like both.  I just hope they don't get over saturated with B&M.  As much as I like their rides I think they should try to offer a diverse line up of attractions and one way to do that is offer different manufacturers who have somewhat different design philosophy.  I would also like to see a Mach multi launch at some point.

• Like 3

I voted for a Triotech dark ride and it will have coaster elements to be counted as our 17th coaster, Matt Ouimet has said he wants to put the technology everywhere and he is working on story lines, and how to pump through capacity so a park like Kings Island or Cedar Point can get it https://youtu.be/dv94dijKhyA?t=260

Then if i had to pick an addition i would go Intamin Blitz, Maverick is currently my #1, love it! Fury is great but i personally prefer Maverick, i would like to have some unique elements that KI has never had, some of those new inversions look great on other rides across other countries. The only issue is i'm not exactly sure on where it would go, I would have said Rivertown but looks like that plot of land is taken now ;)

• Like 3

As far as wanting an Intamin ride, look at the last time Cedar Fair installed an Intamin ride.  Even look at exactly how many Intamin rides have been built in the US in the last five years.  I would not anticipate seeing an Intamin coaster gracing Kings Island any time soon.

• Like 6

1. B&M Giga - It's very likely. It's what KI is truly missing.

2. B&M Floorless - I wish we could get a nice floorless coaster with at least 6 inversions, possibly 200 ft., and I'd take some nice theming to it. Although Rougarou isn't anywhere near other floorless coasters, once I rode it, I fell in love and craved to get one at KI. Possible locations: Use SOB'S station and expand the walkway by Banshee with the removal/relocation of EXtreme Skyflyer, or (hopefully not) replace Vortex.

• Like 2

I would love to see a longer, taller, faster (with longer trains) version of Thunderbird at Holiday World and/or an Intamin Impulse coaster. However, I think we'll probably get a B&M giga next. However, I'm also not counting out anything other than a B&M Giga (such as a Dive, RMC, etc.)

• Like 2

I put that we'll most likely get a giga but I really want a Launched Wing Coaster. I feel like whenever Cedar Point adds a coaster to their park, we won't get that type of coaster. Since a wing coaster and a dive coaster were added to CP's roster within the last 3 years, I don't think we'll get either for a while. 

• Like 2

A Triotech Dark Ride is probably very possible, but what throws a wrench into picking that is that those are not always considered roller coasters. Wonder Mountain's Guardian is, but not Voyage to the Iron Reef. I still went ahead and said that for what I think will be next, coaster or not. I expect a B&M Giga will likely follow suit.

As for what I'd want? A Giga Coaster would be great for the park's 50th birthday or so (don't really care too much about manufacturer but B&M has the reliability and capacity and both the GP and Enthusiasts adored Fury 325- so I'd go with them). A Blitz-type coaster (which due to Intamin issues would probably come from Mack Rides or some other builder) would also be a great fit and I'd probably love it. A B&M Floorless would probably be a great addition if they wanna add another looping coaster.

And while it probably won't happen- I think the park would think Racer, Woodstock Express, Beast, and Mystic Timbers are more than enough woodies I could still easily see something like a RMC (granted I don't think their topper track rides are even truly wooden) or Intamin Plug & Play being added and not doing any harm to the other woodies as they'd still be very different from one another. And I heard Riverview Park in Chicago (which is closed now) once had EIGHT wooden roller coasters! Why can't Kings Island have five (six if you count Racer as 2) then!?!? :P

• Like 4

In all honestly I really don't want to see KI get a 300ft+ B&M hyper coaster. I'd much rather have Intamin or Mack design and build our giga coaster in Action Zone. ( Preferably Mack ) I would however, like to see a B&M wing coaster in a X-Base expansion, or a B&M floorless coaster to replace Vortex.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A B&M dive machine would be a nice fit to the park after a Giga- they fit in tight spaces and they are typically coined well with the GP. I'd love to see KI get a next generation B&M Dive Machine. With the 300ft coaster mark being broken, if a giga comes to the park, it would be cool to add more rides that break the 200ft mark in proceeding years. 

This guy hit it spot on when it comes to Dive Machines

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I def want the B&M Giga. Having rode Fury 325 & Maverick multiple times this season, my vote on both polls is them B&M Giga. I really hope it happens sooner rather than later. But I wouldn't be surprised if KI gets the Triotech sometime after MT but before 2022. I think Rob Decker wants to get KI a B&M Giga for their 50th

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that when we get a giga it's unique and different from the others. I don't want another generic Cedar Fair B&M giga. Don't get me wrong, Leviathan and Fury 325 are both awesome rides, but they are extremely similar in appearance and placement in their respective parks. I want something that hasn't been done before like a terrain giga or something that sets it apart from the other 2 B&M gigas in the chain.

• Like 2

I hope that IF we get a giga it's unique and different from the others. I don't want another generic Cedar Fair B&M giga. Don't get me wrong, Leviathan and Fury 325 are both awesome rides, but they are extremely similar in appearance and placement in their respective parks. I want something that hasn't been done before like a terrain giga or something that sets it apart from the other 2 B&M gigas in the chain.

Fixed that for you.

Well unless Mother Nature pops up a few mountains sometime soon you might have to wait a few million years for a Terrain Giga.

I look forward to slightly smaller lines IF we get a generic Cedar Fair B&M giga. Can you hold my souvineer cup for me?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since this thread was touched so I'd like to add my updated entry. This isn't based off of what I want, but what I think might happen.

I think the next coaster the park will receive will be a giga- enthusiaths have been speculating it for years and it would be a shock, at least to me, if the park didn't get one in the next 3 years or so. After that I honestly don't know what the park would get since a giga would complete their lineup. If anything, I could see KI do what Canada's Wonderland did and add some type of improved triotech dark ride experience. I think they could bring in GCI to make some improvements on The Racer since they did work on Ghostrider.

I could also see RMC coming to each Cedar Fair park in different forms in the later years- some get hybrids, some wooden, and maybe more raptors or a new t-rex model, and maybe a new form of an S&S Freespin since its technically RMC. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I agree with this. I could also see Gerstlauer coming in at some point. What I'd love to see is Mack get more involved with Cedar Fair & Kings Island particularly, but that's just me. Mack offers a crazy amount of different coasters.

Gerstlauer would be great at smaller parks that don't have decent sit down loopers like Knotts, World's of Fun, Dorney Park, and Valley Fair. However, if they could fit one in X-Base I wouldn't complain. My only fear is that a Gerstlauer would make Vortex obsolete.  

If Cedar Fair works with Mack, I could see them going to Carowinds and/or Canada's Wonderland since neither park has a launched coaster in their lineup. 

• Like 1