*If* Backlot Stunt Coaster was removed....

XSHADOWx

There is a Whip ride operating at a Cedar Fair park.  It is at Dorney park.  And of the three Whip`s I have ridden at Pennsylvania amusement park`s, I by far enjoy Dorney`s the best for its out of control feeling.  Second place goes to Kennywood, followed by Hershey.

Part of the reason that Backlot has the weird space around it, is that hey were installing the same ride at Canada`s Wonderland in the same season, so they had to try and get the ride to confirm to the site restrictions of two different parks.  When you do that, there are bound to be some areas that seem a bit awkward and don`t work too well.  

i would love to see a flat ride placed on the plot of land that used to be home to the Salt Water Circus, which is the area just next to Diamondback`s transfer track.  That area of the park (and that midway) always seems so deserted, and more of a pathway just to get between Points A and B.

• Like 6

I like BLSC but I liked the Antique Cars/Les Taxis a lot more, and they went with the scenery.  I'd like to keep blsc and move it to somewhere else in the park and put the car's back there and maybe another flat ride, but I don't think they'd do  that since its about how much money at the end it takes and just to make it look better,  they'd probably just put the Antique Car's somewhere else.  I can hope! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

BLSC is one of my favorite rides in the park, actually. I just think it's a slow wait generally. I think it'd be less ugly though if they just took the time and money to upkeep the attraction and effects. 

If I got to choose something to replace it, I'd replace it with something as family friendly. I think a wild mouse would be fun at a decent use of space.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

I always felt that, if the coaster was ever sold off, *Hallelujah* it would need to be something really gorgeous.. esp from the tower looking across.

Park planning wise though.. nothing abnormally tall would ever likely be there though; too close to the tower

I'm thinking a low to the ground 70 mph launched reaching a max of 100ft . What are you thinking of?

21 minutes ago, nhimes90 said:

BLSC belonged in Action Zone. That was where they made their mistake. It's not a horrible ride, per say, it just is in an awkward spot and has theming that is falling apart or not even functioning.

I think that's a really great point about it belonging more to Action Zone! 

Could it be moved?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nhimes90 said:

BLSC belonged in Action Zone. That was where they made their mistake. It's not a horrible ride, per say, it just is in an awkward spot and has theming that is falling apart or not even functioning.

I can not think of anything that was falling apart or not functioning last season. Can you elaborate?

• Like 1

Though relocation within the park was always a slim to none chance (never say never!), I was always in the move BLSC to Days of Thunder/Thunder Alley camp. I think it would have been a much more fitting location for it. Of course, that was before Banshee.

Backlot isn't a bad ride (it's pretty fun actually), I just hate what it did to that area of the park.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have a problem with them removing it. But the land and the environment around the Eiffel Tower HAS to be reserved and Kings Island really needs to be careful with that land. It's always so majestic around the Eiffel Tower and them putting a high-rise kind of ride in Backlot's land doesn't appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^Especially with that smell during construction.  Yeah...they hit a sewer line one day as I was working at ye olde Potato Works in 2004.  Talk about rank. :P

silver2005, who's only hated part of working at RTPW in 2004 was watching the Tiques get gutted. 

• Like 3

However, in my opinion, while it is awkward  where it is-- it's still eyegrabbing. Even at the lowest I've seen the effects working, it's still highly themed and I appreciate it a lot. 

6 hours ago, calakapepe said:

I hate its capacity more than i hate its location

I think you rang a bell with me. The line is sloooow and hot in the middle of summer.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nhimes90 said:

I alwyas felt that as well. They had a land themed to a studio backlot and then opened an attraction themed to a studio backot but didn't put it in the matching land. Know space is a bit of a premium in AZ but think it would have been a lot better if they could have found an area back there. If not and lef tit where it was wish it woudl have been rethemed to fit the surrounding area better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purdude86 said:

I alwyas felt that as well. They had a land themed to a studio backlot and then opened an attraction themed to a studio backot but didn't put it in the matching land. Know space is a bit of a premium in AZ but think it would have been a lot better if they could have found an area back there. If not and lef tit where it was wish it woudl have been rethemed to fit the surrounding area better. 

Just cut out half of The Bat's queue line and then there's plenty of space. Haha! (Joking, of course.)

In all seriousness, I've never paid attention to the land in AZ, so this may mean nothing- Is Timberwolf used? I've never noticed it. It COULD go in that area hypothetically. 

• Like 1