*If* Backlot Stunt Coaster was removed....

XSHADOWx

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The floral clock was operational last year, along with every year before that.

I think it was down (not keeping time, no hands) a good deal of the 2015 season, so I was pleasantly surprised with its new cement face that includes planters in the shape of letters forming "Kings Island"

They definitely seem to have stepped back up their landscaping game this last season and it makes me very happy. At one point they had food-bearing plants back by the restrooms near WindSeeker (tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins). It delighted me because it was unexpected. I hope somebody had a couple dinners off the fruits before they changed it out again. 

IMG_7351.JPG

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Thabto said:

I like BLSC, so I wouldn't be happy if it were removed. I never visited the park pre-CF, so I don't know what it was like before them.

Well it was there pre-cf for two seasons. Before that, it was all woods and automobiles. A lot of people favored the antique cars to the present day BLSC

• Like 6

The sad part about the removal of a ride like Les Taxis or KCKC is that they aren't rides that move ticket sales or merchandise but they are rides that really help the overall park.  Current rides like Scrambler, Monster, Dodgems, Zephyr, and Shake, Rattle, and Roll fall into that same realm.  The benefits of rides like Les Taxis and KCKC are that they helped with capacity.  It is a shame with a park that has as much land as Kings Island has that they made some of the decisions that they did.  I really enjoy BLSC but it would have fit in better in Action Zone.  TRTR was a great ride as well but would have fit in better in Action Zone as well.  

Paramount made two short sighted moves and now you have a low-capacity, fun coaster that sticks out in the wrong area of the park and you have an empty box where a fun water ride that fit the area used to be (admittedly because of licensing issues with TRTR).  Paramount didn't understand the popularity and goodwill that attractions that Les Taxis and KCKC and Phantom Theater and The Eagles had.  Hopefully in the future years of expansion that CF (and by extension KI) looks at ways to bring more flats to the park including bringing the 'Tiques back.  It always amazes me the line that BBoBH gets but there are only a couple attractions that families can do together (not everyone is going to do coaster and wild flats) and by taking out Les Taxis they lost that.

• Like 8

Honestly im not that surprised by Boo Blasters lines. It's the only dark ride in the park and as mentioned one of few that anyone can see ride and enjoy together from little kids to grandparents. Plus being indoors and air conditioned helps when it's hot or rainy out and has people going in there.

so really don't think it matters what is there it will get lines for it.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, KatieF said:

Truthfully, I never got to see the antique cars but I consistently skip similar attractions at other parks. I think they're very, very bland with little opportunity to make it unique to the park.

But that was the thing about Les Taxis and the Ohio Overland Livery.  Wiith the setting-rare plants, manicured landscaping and the placement behind the Tower, it was a very unique to KI.  In a like way, the Tin Lizzies at Kentucky Kingdom are just an antique car ride, but the setting makes it fun.  (* I am in no way comparing the Tin Lizzies to KI's former attraction where the junkyard coaster resides now. )

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

But that was the thing about Les Taxis and the Ohio Overland Livery.  Wiith the setting-rare plants, manicured landscaping and the placement behind the Tower, it was a very unique to KI.  In a like way, the Tin Lizzies at Kentucky Kingdom are just an antique car ride, but the setting makes it fun.  (* I am in no way comparing the Tin Lizzies to KI's former attraction where the junkyard coaster resides now. )

I think car rides haven't appealed to me since I rode them at the county fair. I don't ride them anywhere, including the Tomorrowland Speeeway in WDW. I see why they appeal to many guests-- but they've never impressed me. 

• Like 3

If it were to be removed, I believe there would be enough room for a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. I think it would be a great addition to the park, and would provide enough room for additional decoration, plants, and trees in the areas it doesn't touch on that plot of land.

• Like 3

I would like to see a Eurofighter but I could see it fitting in better in X-base or Action Zone.

That's a better idea then mine!! A Eurofighter would definitely fit over there, but I think they would have to replace Congo Falls if that happened because I think they are saving the SOB station/area as room for our inevitable giga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

While I think Flying Eagles and the Antique Cars were better rides than BLSC, I just can't see it being removed. IF it was removed than I couldn't see anything large like another roller coaster replacing it. I would like to see a family based flat ride in it's place, but that's unlikely.

• Like 1

Eh, BLSC, it's okay. It's worth a small thrill when the line is short, but isn't worth waiting longer than 5 minutes. I don't necessarily want to see it go, but if it were removed, I'd probably just shrug my shoulders. I would't have a freakout like, say, The Beast or Racer were removed. It's just not at a good place in the park and I think having something like Antique Cars or some sort of historical attraction that takes you through the park's history or a new dark ride would give KI more variety.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Eh, BLSC, it's okay. It's worth a small thrill when the line is short, but isn't worth waiting longer than 5 minutes. I don't necessarily want to see it go, but if it were removed, I'd probably just shrug my shoulders. I would't have a freakout like, say, The Beast or Racer were removed. It's just not at a good place in the park and I think having something like Antique Cars or some sort of historical attraction that takes you through the park's history or a new dark ride would give KI more variety.

It's just in such an odd place, just smack dab in the middle of 2 different themed areas. It most certainly belonged in Action Zone, and it would have fit much better there.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2017 at 10:18 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I don't believe they're supposed to be that exciting. They're just higher capacity rides for families to enjoy together. Grandpa and grandma can't always get on the big coasters, but rides like the train or antique cars are just right.

Not only grandparents, but a select age group of, say, 8-10 that are in between thrill and kid rides.  I have a 9 year old that is too big for the kiddie rides, but too young for thrill rides. 

• Like 2

My thought process is that if Backlot Stunt Coaster was removed, that whole space could be utilized to add more rides. Two small coasters could fit in that space nice and snug and there'd still be room left over for other things. Even one medium sized coaster and some flats could fit in that space well. 

• Like 1

I personally think BLSC was a big mistake.

Keep in mind the park is not only about coasters. 

The only "coaster" I'd like to see in that location is an old-fashioned steeplechase. It would be a nice, fun ride along the same lines in feel and thrill level as the antique cars. 

• Like 3

I don't think the coaster was a mistake at all, but the location/theming of it was. Should have been put in Action Zone, as it fit that theme exactly when it opened, or it should have been themed to something else. However, Paramount didn't seem to care much about theming between BLSC and TR:TR being dropped in the middle of Rivertown. The coaster as a whole is a fun ride and fits a good niche of intermediate level ride like AE.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I think it should be removed. Never a long line, and takes up a huge amount of space for what little value it has. If they need a family coaster  put in a Mack launched spinning coaster. They are essentially more family based versions of SkyRocket 2, And they are very narrow, ao they could use the the rest of the land for a good flat.

how about a launch coaster thats actually thrilling?  personally i think premiers coasters are lije arrows.  they get really rough really quickly.  FOF came out when i was 12 and i rode it that year and it was great.  however last year it was so rough that it wasnt even enjoyable.  maverick however is an excellent launched coaster and extremely smooth.  i just dont think steel coasters should be that rough.  so either a new launched coaster by Intamin or a few thrilling flat rides.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:51 PM, bkroz said:

What if season passes were discontinued?

What if Banshee was torn down and Son of Beast was rebuilt in its place?

What if Kings Island opened for the year in February?

What if The Beast were replaced with an animatronic dinosaur park?

Anything could happen; most things won't. I think we all understood what you meant: *if.* So *if* Backlot Stunt Coaster was removed, maybe it would be replaced by a slushie stand. A Chick-Fil-A. A roller coaster. An arcade. A dark ride. A garden. Antique cars. 

You asked, "So if you had it your way what would you do with that section of land?" Given the reality we have, my answer is that given my way (and it seems others here share the same preference), I'd have Backlot Stunt Coaster on that section of land. Rawr. 

I don't post here often but this little post of yours just rubbed me the wrong way. Very inconsiderate, it's a simple question that just requires playing along. A silly question yes, but buddy just play along and stop your nonsense!

I would replace BLSC with the antique Cars again.

• Like 3