Improving Que Lines

SonofBaconator

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

Kinda relating to the topic, who's in charge of theming a ride? Does it come down to park executives, cooperate executives, or is there a branch of management that handles that sorta stuff?

I’m not sure who decides what the theming is, but I think usually it’s done by an outside company. Mystic Timbers was done by Holovis and Daniels Wood Land, for example.

It's a bit of every department. Those signs that popped up at Mystic Timbers at toward the end of last year as well as the theming in the station, wasn't provided by Holovis and Daniels Wood Land....there were park employees from the sign department, those who do graphic design for the park, the rides department was involved as well. Management (in various departments) had to give permission. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 11:49 AM, chugh43 said:

It's a bit of every department. Those signs that popped up at Mystic Timbers at toward the end of last year as well as the theming in the station, wasn't provided by Holovis and Daniels Wood Land....there were park employees from the sign department, those who do graphic design for the park, the rides department was involved as well. Management (in various departments) had to give permission. 

I actually found the guy who made renderings for Mystic Timbers on Instagram.

• 1 year later...

**DOUBLE POST**

I found this video on YouTube of the queue for Manta at SeaWorld Orlando and this is the definition of an indoor queue! Obviously Cedar Fair probably wouldn't do a queue line on this level since they don't really do animals, but I would love to see a Sea creature themed coaster in the Cedar Fair chain with maybe an indoor queue like this, but with some special projections to make it look like an aquarium. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I think Orion's que is going to be pretty spectacular, going off the concept from the drone and coaster promos.

Mystic Timbers was a nice change and added some good theming and provided a backdrop for the story and I'm sure Orion's will do the same. Also its highly rumored that FoF's show building will be altered to reflect on the Orion story.

If there's one que I'd want them to work on/ add to it would be Adventure Express'. Adding some posters along the walk would be nice as well as some appropriate music and maybe audio similar to Mystic Timbers. 

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

@Hawaiian Coasters 325: I just watched that Manta queue video... oh my gosh; that is amazing! :D I thought I was walking through Jungle Trails at the (Cincinnati) zoo, except the enclosures were giant aquariums.  I think unique themed buildings like that would be a cool idea for queue lines. It reminds me of when I queued in the old Tomb Raider building for Mystic Timbers' preview night. Besides that, the only local example I can think of is Flight of Fear, and that's mostly because the whole coaster is indoors.