Things that KI can improve on

SonofBaconator

I agree completely with the comments calling for more shade in the queue lines and for improved food service especially in the Red's Hall of Fame Grille. I usually go to the park alone so I don't really want to take up an entire table when I should be able to sit at the bar and have access to the full menu. Recently, during October, twice I was informed that I could not get food at the bar. I hope this disturbing practice does not continue into next year.

I also think that some high capacity flat rides would indeed spread out the crowds which seem to be growing each and every year.

It's weekdays only for me except in the fall when there is no other choice.

• Like 3

I'm up for a lot of what everyone else said.

At all the refill stations, give me 1 non-carbonated option that isn't loaded with sugar. Since it's Coke, the diet & sweet Gold Peak tea would also be nice.

Get the food moving faster. Multiple times t Panda Express there was only 1 person serving and 1 person at the register.

More food options that don't include fried food. I'd be ok with baked chicken tenders.

Come up with a different line for single riders. Let them use the Fast Lane and wait for an open seat and let 2 through after a train with no open seats.

Don't make people get lockers for drink bottles at Banshee & Firehawk/FOF. Those lines are too long to go without drinks.

Remodel the bathrooms. There's no privacy when the urinals are right next to each other and you basically rub elbows with the dude next to you.

Music themed to each area. Who wants to listen to pop music in line for The Beast? Or country in line for Banshee?

Get rid of tables and chairs they have a mesh to them (like the ones at Chicken Shack). They are never clean and are usually disgusting.

Lastly, can we find a way to make Banshee NOT smell like puke in every seat?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Repeating a lot of ideas already posted, but...

I wonder if a lot of these great ideas are not happening due to the fact that there simply isn’t enough employees?  It would make sense financially to have more food, for instance, but when they can barely keep the ones currently staffed, I don’t see that happening. 

One thing I would LOVE is one drink option that is not carbonated pop.  Drinking Coca-Cola all day is just not good…

A few more flat rates.  There seems to be a lot of areas that could use a simple, classic flat ride.

Less loud, obnoxious pop music.  It seems to be everywhere in the park, and would be nice to have a break from it.

More shade in line queue is an obvious and cheap improvement. 

• Like 3

On the non-carbonated drinks, the Freestyle Machines (and some stands) have Minute Maid lemonade and Powerade.  

Also, unless it was changed this past year, the Fanta orange drink that comes from the regular fountains is inexplicably not carbonated. Only the Fanta from the Freestyle machines is carbonated.

• Like 1

Lot of good suggestions listed.  

I side with the theming experience every time.  A few of my "suggestions":

• Panda Express as well as a Country Music Review in the German Themed Festhaus is always a big irritation.  
  • The music loop last year was nothing short of.... i'd rather listen to someone drag their finger nails across a chalk board.
  • Food service employees seem to need basic expectations placed on them.  2016 was not a banner year.
  • Clean up and remodel restrooms.  they're in pretty gross shape.  Part of this isn't their fault; may I call out the gentlemen reading here specifically.  Not to get too graphic, but if you have such horrible aim that you can't pee into the bowl without leaving your mark all over the seat... they have an entire bank of urinals just for you.  
  • Like 1

I can get behind your thoughts on the Festhaus. Although, I don't want to see Panda Express leave the park entirely, when I visit KI it's one of the only times I can get Panda.....

So, being the person you are that sides with theming, where would you suggest Panda Express being moved to? (I've often wondered where I'd like to see it myself)

• Like 1

I can get behind your thoughts on the Festhaus. Although, I don't want to see Panda Express leave the park entirely, when I visit KI it's one of the only times I can get Panda.....

So, being the person you are that sides with theming, where would you suggest Panda Express being moved to? (I've often wondered where I'd like to see it myself)

"International" Street.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

All I want is something more in the X Base. There is no bathroom anywhere close to it since its right in the middle of Coney Mall, and with a lack of any flat ride or smaller attractions, this little bottlenecked section always has super long lines for basically no reason. I just want something there in general to disperse some of the unneeded chaos of this little 2 coaster alleyway....

• Like 5

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I really want to see the return of Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular. Ever since its been gone the park just seems way more dark and desolate. 

That just sort of fizzled out didn't it. It must not have gotten the response they wanted?

• Like 1

I dont know. Working Monster/Scrambler/Dodgems back when we had the Spectacular, I kind of liked it. The music was very atmospheric to the area, and the lights and bubbles were a nice touch to that otherwise empty midway between attractions. That said, Kings Island is basically famous for it's night ride coasters (Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, very likely Mystic Timbers), so most guests didn't stop to see the lights until after the park closed.

Can they use some of the land back by Bat? It feels kind of weird working at GWL knowing they basically took over the old spot, but the road to the lodge seems to turn right past the employee parking lot. I can see some easy construction to expand that back toward the park for a new campground,  and it makes enough sense to be right by the whole resort area.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't an improvement just a nitpick. Banshee is one of my favorite coasters in the world  and I wouldn't change the layout at all. However a part of me wishes it was 200ft tall. I know the elements would have to have been made bigger to accommodate the increased height and speed but I guess I always envisioned Kings Island having multiple coasters that exceed 200ft. But hey, second tallest in the park ain't bad either.

• Like 2