Things that KI can improve on

SonofBaconator

8 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

What if the Tower had a broadcast antenna at the top? It would serve a purpose other than visually making it slightly taller.

And be WKIR?  Kings Island Radio!  Those call letters are not being used right now. 

Great KI hits like like The Beast chain lift and spiel, DB horn, different train noises, the Banshee Scream, natural Fountain ERT noises, and #1 on the KI charts this week - Don't go in the shed spiels!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, NewD4y20 said:

New and taller roller coasters. The coaster parks that get better attendance than Kings Island all have taller coasters.

Kings Island lost a lot of height when they took out Son of Beast.

You should read up on your facts. KI is one of the top 3 most visited seasonal parks in North America. I don't understand what you mean by coaster park because Kings Island has 15 and constantly gets new additions every 3 years or so.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 8:38 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

And be WKIR?  Kings Island Radio!  Those call letters are not being used right now. 

Great KI hits like like The Beast chain lift and spiel, DB horn, different train noises, the Banshee Scream, natural Fountain ERT noises, and #1 on the KI charts this week - Don't go in the shed spiels!

YES! Now we are on to something.......

All it could be now is just the music on International Street......or music from anywhere else in the park......

On October 23, 2018 at 8:38 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I guess this is the movie fan in me, but I just imagined this as the old RKO Pictures logo, but with the radio Eiffel Tower transmitting those beeping radio signals. :D 

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that would improve the park is having another large indoor show building, especially during WinterFest.  I would love to see them build something like Harmony Hall at Carowinds that would function as both another show building and indoor food area.  Yes, I realize we already have Festhaus but considering that Festhaus is always packed I feel that the park could support two big indoor eating areas.

I would either take out the existing International Showplace and build a brand new building (a la Harmony Hall) which would use the land that the existing International Showplace sits on along with the former Salt Water Circus area.  The other option would be to build a new eating area over where the presumed new coaster is going by FOF and if you put in something like Harmony Hall it would take care of the bathroom issue as well since something like Harmony Hall/Festhaus would have bathrooms inside.

^I like your ideas, but I also like the International Showplace.  I'd love to see a Harmony Hall type of building in Xbase if a GiGa were to ever go over there.  It wouldn't solve the indoor show dilemma, but I do think there needs to be an indoor sit-down eatery on the back side of the area formerly known as Coney Mall.  (I'd love to see the Kill Mart building turned into an indoor eatery, with patio dining options along The Racer.)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The most needed improvement, in my opinion, is the revamp of the theming of the themed attractions such as FOF, AE, Backlot, and Boo Blasters. With age, these rides lost quality and functionality in the animatronics alike. It feels that little to no matinence goes to maintaining the theme and it is a shame.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would love more off year improvements. 2019 is a perfect example of it- International Street got upgraded, the Glockenspiel returned, we got a new restaurant, as well as a bunch of other cool things. Id be happy if the part made small, non expensive changes and upgrades each season.

My priority list for small scale upgrades: Bringing back some Adventure Express theming and adding more to Oktoberfest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:39 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I would love more off year improvements. 2019 is a perfect example of it- International Street got upgraded, the Glockenspiel returned, we got a new restaurant, as well as a bunch of other cool things. Id be happy if the part made small, non expensive changes and upgrades each season.

My priority list for small scale upgrades: Bringing back some Adventure Express theming and adding more to Oktoberfest. 

A new Bavarian Beetle sounds in order.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Where would it go? I think Tower Gardens would be the best location since there's no coaster near International Street.

Please no.  That area is so nice, a nice respite in the shade.  The park has plenty of other space available to fit such an attraction.

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Where would it go? I think Tower Gardens would be the best location since there's no coaster near International Street.

I would say remove Sling Shot or put it in between International Showplace and that path there. Those would be prime spots to me.