Avatar Land at WDW now has a rough opening date

I can`t wait to experience this area.  It has been under construction for what seems like at least five years!  If the theming is on the level of Cars Land, this will be a big hit.  I am still a little puzzled at them using Avatar and not one of their existing IPs for the theme, but I am sure it will be awesome.

• Like 2

Just remember that Rivers of Light had a rough opening date too, and we see where that went.

My understanding is that Rivers of Light was like DONE and the executives pulled the plug when they saw it.  Maybe it wasn't up to Disney standards.  They never said.  There are clips of it on YouTube, but to be honest, although it's neat it's like a junior version of Illuminations.  

The rumor which was reported on a number of Disney fan sites is that the automated boats were having trouble getting their movements precise enough. This was causing the boats to run into each other which was damaging the boats.

The claim has been made the executives liked the show but demanded that they fix the boat problems before it opens. With no official word it is hard to know how accurate any of the rumors are.

• Like 1