Coasterstock 2017

JubJester

Kings Island just announced on their Twitter they are finalizing details on Coasterstock 2017. More information will be coming out soon on their website.

Link:

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/800769500761223168

Update/Edit: Tickets are now on sale! How to buy tickets and more info on the event here:  https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Coasterstock

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Getting closer.   Looks like we might be down to just an announcement about an announcement.   Then again it could just be an announcement about the announcement of when the details will be announced.   A clarifying announcement would be appreciated.  

Thanks jubjester for the announcement of the latest announcement.  

• Like 9

Coasterstock is a lot of fun. Past years' events have included behind-the-scenes tours, guest speakers, a scavenger hunt, lots of ERT before & after park hours, and more.

There is a fee to attend on top of park admission. Those without season passes can purchase a combo ticket that includes both park admission and the event. Attendees must also be cardholding members of a participating roller coaster club. Be sure to join or renew early, as membership cards are verified at check-in.

Do note that attendance is capped to keep lines short & tours enjoyable. The event could sell out with the debut of Mystic Timbers, so I highly recommend signing up early!

• Like 6

Kind of bummed that they went to Friday-Saturday for the event, as opposed to Saturday-Sunday like last year.  Make the decision to attend more difficult, as I would have to use a vacation day to partake on Friday morning/lunch.  Not sure if I will make it this year or not since I will have a six month old...

• Like 5

^ I agree with you there; Friday evening seemed more popular than Sunday with Coasterstock attendees last year, when the event was Fri-Sun.

Glad to see the return of the scavenger hunt. Anyone want to gang up to (try to) compete with Liz & gforce1994? :)

• Like 7

I'm excited that I'll be there for the entire event this year unlike last year when I had to leave mid-day Saturday for a wedding. 

Definitely going to do the scavenger hunt, probably tag a long with Liz for it! 

I'm kinda surprised there isn't an ERT for Mystic Timbers during the morning annnnnnnnnndddddd I'm kind of shocked but not really there isn't ERT for Firehawk.

• Like 7

I'm super excited for this year's Coasterstock. Missing out on last year's was a real big bummer, so I'm glad I'll be able to do it this year. 

I am happy they included the lights on maze tours, as I've never been one before.

On 1/4/2017 at 8:40 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Thanks jubjester for the announcement of the latest announcement.  

No problem! I really enjoy announcing announcements on this thread that includes announcements of announcements for Coasterstock. 

• Like 3

I wasn't much of a force to be reckoned with last year during the scavenger hunt, I was merely persistent about finding the absolutely correct footing after it was already over. I'm fairly fast but terrible with time limits. I freeze up the moment there is a ticking clock  on me. I was kind of hoping the one this year would be more of a slow burn we could complete over the full course of Coasterstock but it was also kind of exciting running around KI like a chicken with its head cut off for an hour or so!

Got my ticket and registered. 2:00 Beast tour. Wonder if Mr. T will be included some on either that or the DB/train tour. Hope so. 

Looking forward to the lights on Haunt tours. 

I'm happy for myself that it has been moved to Friday because I can come whenever I want, and I prefer the less busy days. But I'm sad it may prevent some people from being able to come. I did like it better last year when the Friday evening check-in made the whole process spread out and a little more low-key because of it. For the beginning of the alphabet's sake, I hope they do a better job of splitting the check in (or don't split it by name at all and add a couple windows/associates to make things faster), although for me, it was nice to be in the line that was half the length of the other one. 

• Like 5

As soon as I have enough money I will be buying a ticket.... cant wait to officially be apart of this event for this year! :) (I was lowkey kinda with the group last year except I didnt do any of the events cause I didnt have a coasterclub membership lol)

Friday-Saturday is kinda unfortunate but oh well I will probably hitch a ride up their Friday evening and then go back on Saturday.

• Like 2

I am really kicking this around.  We would have to join a Coaster Club, but none of the sites that I have looked at have anything about their 2017 events or benefits.  It looks like GOCC is the best fit for us.

Maybe its the offseason and being under 100 days until opening that has me excited.  The ERTs look like a good time.

If I join a club, will everything get taken care of in time to make it.  That is what I need to look at 

• Like 2

^ we just joined GOCC and they have really good prices too, especially for multiple people if that's what you need. Hopefully we can make it this year but we'll have to wait until next week to get our coasterstock tickets... don't think they would sell out by then. Either way, I'm pretty excited! :lol:

BTW, is there a way to check in after the early 6:30 am time and still just like catch up with the group or how does that work?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JCJTheHurricane said:

^ we just joined GOCC and they have really good prices too, especially for multiple people if that's what you need. Hopefully we can make it this year but we'll have to wait until next week to get our coasterstock tickets... don't think they would sell out by then. Either way, I'm pretty excited! :lol:

BTW, is there a way to check in after the early 6:30 am time and still just like catch up with the group or how does that work?

you get your stuff at guest services if you can't attend at 6:30

• Like 2

I can also vouch for Coaster Crew as a nice coaster club. I only joined them two years ago so I could go to Coasterstock but I've come to appreciate them outside of it too. 

There shouldn't be any problem getting your cards by Coasterstock if you join a club. It's more than 4 months away, I'm sure none of the approved clubs have a turn-around that slow :) Speaking for Coaster Crew, I'm fairly sure Tim Holloran would put a rush job in to make sure someone joining fairly close to the date would still be able to attend. 

As others have mentioned it is definitely possible to check in after the listed time (there's just no longer dedicated associates for it). The check-in packet includes a schedule, so you will be able to see what the next "event" is and where to find it. Chances are you'll run into a smaller group of enthusiasts before that if you know many of us. 

• Like 2

So that everyone can plan ahead, the code from your gold/platinum pass (or pass voucher) is needed to purchase Coasterstock ticket(s) at the passholder rate. If you haven't bought your pass yet, you'll want to do that first.

Ticket prices don't include the order processing fee that applies to all online tickets. ($5.99 for 1-2 tickets, $7.99 for 3-4 tickets, and $9.99 for 5-10 tickets) If there are multiple people in your group, you'll want to purchase everyone's tickets in one order to save money. After buying ticket(s), each person must register for the event individually using the ticket confirmation number (i.e. step 2). You'll also want to ensure that everyone will have a valid, non-expired coaster club membership card for the club they select, as they won't get into the event without it.

If anyone here (that I know) wants to combine orders in the next few days to save a couple bucks, let me know.

• Like 3