Coasterstock 2017

JubJester

^ In recent seasons, daily operations have started at the end of the second week of May. Assuming this year's calendar is similar, they would be open daily the week preceding the event.

As always, check the official park calendar before planning a visit, as operations are subject to change.

• Like 6

annnnnnnnnndddddd I'm kind of shocked but not really there isn't ERT for Firehawk.

Don't they usually only do ERT for comfortable and re-rideable coasters? XD

Oh wait never mind, they have Flight of Fear ERT...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

For those who aren't already members, here are links to the websites of each recognized US-based club:

Each club offers different events & pricing options, so you may want to check out a few. Each club also has a different set of rules for members; I recommend reviewing these before joining.

It's worth noting that HoliWood Nights at Holiday World requires a membership option of $20 or more, and Coaster Crew doesn't participate in CoasterMania at Cedar Point.

• Like 4

Just purchased my tickets!  This will be my first-ever enthusiest event and I'm super excited!  I was unable to attend previous years because of work and having to study for exams.  Luckily for me, my exams are exactly the week before Coasterstock so it'll be like my reward to finishing finals! :) 

Two questions:

1. How long has Coasterstock and Coastermania been running?  I thought Coasterstock was a relatively new event.
  2. Is it ok to check-in around 4:00 or 5:00 on Friday afternoon, or do you have to check-in during morning hours?
  • Like 3

2017 will be the third Coasterstock event that Kings Island has held. As for Coastermania, the first one was held in 1978.

http://cpfansite.com/history/cedar-point-history/

Coastermania was a free event until 2016 where it required a $30 or so fee to attend. 

To answer your other question, I showed up in the evening on Friday last year and went to the dedicated window to check in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IAmABanshee said:

Coaster Crew seems to be the best fit for me, as it is in my reasonable budget. I'm excited to attend my first Coasterstock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACE does a 6 month $20 trial membership, and in case you were/are thinking about possibly doing Holliwood Nights, that membership does qualify.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

ACE does a 6 month $20 trial membership, and in case you were/are thinking about possibly doing Holliwood Nights, that membership does qualify.

Coaster Crew Platinum does qualify for Holliwood Nights as well. Has for several years now.

8 hours ago, Sythe said:

Don't they usually only do ERT for comfortable and re-rideable coasters? XD

Oh wait never mind, they have Flight of Fear ERT...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You forgot they have Vortex ERT lol. 

• Like 2

As far as I know, none of the coaster clubs put a mailing address on your club membership card. When checking into an event, the name on your club membership card would need to match the name on your photo ID.

You'll want to use your current physical mailing address when signing up, to ensure that the membership card gets to you. Changing your driver license to match your current address is also a very good idea, to ensure that you receive any notices or violations.

• Like 5

I plan too change my liscense, it's just $25 to change and it expires on March, so it would be another $25 to buy a new on three months. The current address is my parents house so if I used that address it wouldn't be a big deal if it was sent there. Thanks again Malem! You been so helpful! 

• Like 2

In previous years, the park has asked each coaster club to check the attendance list prior to the event. They also require a valid membership card at check-in.

To make sure you get into the event, you should be a member of your selected club when (or soon after) you sign up. This membership will need to be valid through the dates of the event, and you'll need your unexpired membership card in-hand. If anyone has questions about registering or renewing with a club, I'd recommend contacting that club directly.

• Like 3

At check-in, all participants will be required to present a valid, active membership card for 2017 from the roller coaster club/organization they registered under in order to receive their credentials to get into the ERT sessions, lunch, dinner and behind-the-scenes experiences. 

All participants will also need to complete both Step 1 (purchase ticket) and Step 2 (register) to participate in the event. 

• Like 11