Coasterstock 2017

JubJester

On 1/11/2017 at 0:39 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

If anyone is still debating which club to join, this will be my third year as a Coaster Crew member, and I love it! The guy who is in charge is super nice, he organizes great events, and everyone in the club is very nice and easy going! Definitely recommend joining and looking into their other events as well. 

Do you know how often they send out membership cards? I think I remember seen it was somthing like ever few weeks during off season, but I can't find it on the website now. I emailed, but now reply either. I purchased my Coaster Crew membership before I register for CoasterStock, and We still have time to recieve them before Coasterstock lol I'm just being an eager beaver lol 

On 1/12/2017 at 10:14 PM, jtro223 said:

If you don't mind being about 15 minutes from Kings Island, check out the Shaker Inn in Lebanon.  Clean, cheap, charming and quiet.

Thanks! I just saw this, but we already booked a hotel! When I was putting in my days off at work they informed me we get an extra 30% at certain hotel chains. So we used this discount lol. We are only about 10 minutes from the park, so we are happy. 

On 1/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, jcgoble3 said:

I finally renewed my expired GOCC membership last week, but I'm debating if I want to do this. I also want to do HoliWood Nights, which I haven't done since 2013, and I don't think I can afford both. Decisions, decisions... :)

If you can only do one, HoliWood Nights is the one I'd pick, especially since you haven't done it in several years. This will be my 3rd straight HoliWood Nights and it's a ton of fun. Plus, you'll have an excuse to hit Kentucky Kingdom on your way home (though I highly recommend skipping T3).

• Like 4

12 hours ago, johnaalexis said:

Do you know how often they send out membership cards? I think I remember seen it was somthing like ever few weeks during off season, but I can't find it on the website now. I emailed, but now reply either. I purchased my Coaster Crew membership before I register for CoasterStock, and We still have time to recieve them before Coasterstock lol I'm just being an eager beaver lol 

We send out membership cards at various times, there really isn't a set schedule of when.....with the holiday season now being over, it should be sent out soon. 

You will receive them before Coasterstock and the normal season. The membership start date will be reflected when they are sent out. 

Please send me a PM with the information you used to begin your membership and I'll figure out when you should be receiving your membership credentials. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

If you can only do one, HoliWood Nights is the one I'd pick, especially since you haven't done it in several years. This will be my 3rd straight HoliWood Nights and it's a ton of fun. Plus, you'll have an excuse to hit Kentucky Kingdom on your way home (though I highly recommend skipping T3).

Oh, I won't be skipping T3, because I don't have that credit yet. :P But it sounds like it might be a one-and-done coaster. Actually, I need the Storm Chaser credit as well, so there's two reasons to hit KK on the way home. :)

• Like 3

Sounds pretty awesome this year. I have to get a few expenses together first, but I'm thinking of joining a club again this year since I havent done any events since Hollywood Nights 2010. I'm thinking GOCC may be best route there...does anyone have any experience with them?

• Like 1

^ GOCC is a great club. Their leadership is responsive to members, both by e-mail and at events. It's also a great value, as they keep their costs low and operate as a non-profit social organization. Unlike with most other clubs, event fees aren't increased beyond what the host park charges.

GOCC's events unfortunately don't usually work out with my schedule & other plans, so whether I renew this year will depend on their event calendar. I'd highly recommend the club, though.

I also have active memberships with ACE and Coaster Crew, both of which I'd also recommend.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I went to Kentucky Kingdom and wanted to avoid T3 due to my experience on Vekoma SLC's in the past. 

It was actually enjoyable for me with the new Kumbak trains. Of course I rode it for the credit only!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chugh43 said:

We send out membership cards at various times, there really isn't a set schedule of when.....with the holiday season now being over, it should be sent out soon. 

You will receive them before Coasterstock and the normal season. The membership start date will be reflected when they are sent out. 

Please send me a PM with the information you used to begin your membership and I'll figure out when you should be receiving your membership credentials. 

Thanks! I posted this and about an hour later I checked my mail and there it was lol that's what I get for being excited lol

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

That is normal. I do wish it would send an email that includes what you submitted for the various fields. 

And yes, bring those things. Last year I got to the park and realized I forgot my Coaster Crew membership card and had to go right back home. At least I'm only a half hour drive away :)

I agree, I would be nice to get a confirmation just so you know hey, we got your information lol

• Like 2

I had a question. Is there anyway to tell how many tickets are left? I can't buy my ticket until next weekend due to low funds. I heard this year, Coaster stock would be limited so I don't want to miss The Beast tour with my buddy. He bought his already, and his tour is at 3:00p. :unsure:

• Like 1

^ Tickets are indeed limited, but they haven't sold out the past two years. You should be fine purchasing next weekend, but (with a new coaster) I certainly wouldn't procrastinate until the last minute. Some Beast tour times are likely to fill up before the event does.

• Like 1

I just signed up last weekend. I look forward to this event. This looks like alot of fun. I've been going to Coastermania since 2015, and I look forward to my first Coasterstock. This is a 2 day event so it should be awesome. And the price of the event was a steal!

• Like 3