Coasterstock 2017

JubJester

41 minutes ago, malem said:
^ I got the same e-mail. There must have been a mix-up.
Just reply back with who each ticket should be registered to, and they should be able to check that everything is in order.

I did! I told her I didn't care to register again if they needed me too, but I thought I had previously when I purchased my tickets.

Edit: We are all set and ready now! 3pm Beast Tour! Only 73 more days! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnaalexis said:

emoji20.png Got an email this morning telling me that I haven't registered 1 or more of my CoasterStock tickets. I register both tickets after I purchased them but I guess I messed something up

I received the same email.  I emailed her back with the names of the people registered and she promptly replied back that they found our registrations and we are good to go!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I went solo last year, are you allowed to bring a guest this year or do they have to be a coaster club member as well? I'm a member of ACE.

You have to be a member of an accepted coaster club to participate in Coasterstock. 

I don't know. I'm really thinking hard about doing the Saturday portion of CS. That Friday is probably out for me. 
So I guess my question is, check in, can you do it anytime after it opens???

When you register it asks you if you'd like to check in on Friday or Saturday, as for what the time windows are I'm not entirely sure

• Like 1

I am fairly sure you can check in at Guest Services any time that they don't have the check-in windows going. 

I know those who got them are understandably a little freaked out about emails concerning problems with matching registrations to orders, but I'm really happy they're being so proactive about it. It will make check-in a lot less stressful for everyone involved this year. 

• Like 3

I too got freaked out when the e-mail came saying that I had not done the second part of the registration for me and my friends (when I actually was very careful after buying the season pass tickets and then separately registering each of us).   Must have been a pretty big glitch or someone not paying attention to how they were running the comparison report (e.g. tickets purchased vs actually registered).   As most have said before, it would be nice if the system sent an e-mail confirmation that registration was complete, rather than relying on the "on-screen" message.

• Like 3

Does anyone remember what souvenir cup they provided in the past (the daily or the season long)?  I am trying to figure out if I should add a cup to my Platinum Pass or just wait it out?

I realize this next one might not be as easy to answer since FunPix is so new but does anyone have any guesses for FunPix?  Will it likely be two daily tickets?  Did they provide this last year?  Thanks!

• Like 1

^They did do the Funpix last year. I've still got the tickets around here somewhere, just never used it. I think it was 2 tickets you could use anytime over the weekend. 

They also did provide a season long cup that I used multiple time after Stock last year. Hope that helps a little. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisFSU said:

Does anyone remember what souvenir cup they provided in the past (the daily or the season long)?  I am trying to figure out if I should add a cup to my Platinum Pass or just wait it out?

I received the bottle which includes refills for only the day of purchase.  You can use it the rest of the year but refills are a dollar each.

• Like 2

Yep, both years have been the cup that is typically $1/refill after the day of purchase, but extended to give free refills through all days of Coasterstock (then $1 the rest of the season).

I have a feeling we'll be getting drink wristbands rather than cups this year but we'll see. I haven't heard anything, that's purely my speculation.

I want one of those Mystic Timbers wood offcut prizes, SO BAD, like a completely unreasonable amount :)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Yep, both years have been the cup that is typically $1/refill after the day of purchase, but extended to give free refills through all days of Coasterstock (then $1 the rest of the season).

I have a feeling we'll be getting drink wristbands rather than cups this year but we'll see. I haven't heard anything, that's purely my speculation.

I want one of those Mystic Timbers wood offcut prizes, SO BAD, like a completely unreasonable amount :)

That'd be sweet. I can se it now. 

Freak's wife- "Why the h*** is there a piece of wood in here for. It doesn't go with anything and it's just clutter. Errrr". 

I've had that battle more than once (in two different houses.) about my 2 millionth Banshee sign, and has actually won that battle everytime. 

Well, I guess it's one of the only battles I win. :)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ChrisFSU said:

I realize this next one might not be as easy to answer since FunPix is so new but does anyone have any guesses for FunPix?  Will it likely be two daily tickets?  Did they provide this last year?  Thanks!

If you can wait until May 19th or 20th without a cup/plan do so, but remember you run the risk of only getting a drink wristband or nothing Coasterstock weekend in relation to drinks. 

As Freaks said, last year they just gave us 2 tickets for 2 on-ride photos for that weekend. No one but the park is sure what's going to happen with FunPix as part of the welcome package. 

As a complete side note, I'm extremely excited for this event and cannot wait to see what all the park is going to do for us, even though they don't have to!

• Like 5

I've only been to Coaster Stock once. That was last year. Does this event normally sell out? I have a buddy that wants to go and he has a CF Platinum Pass and he's getting a membership to GOCC so he can go. He won't be able to order tickets for Coaster Stock until mid-April. Will it be sold out by then or does KI even cap the event. Thx for the info guys.

• Like 1

New to the forums! (How did it take me this long to join?!) Hello all! 

I am considering taking my DD (who turns 8 on May 17) to Coasterstock as her gift.  She crested 48" last year and has done every coaster that has come her way since then.  Pretty sure she's at 52" now, so that opens us to even more options!  She's also very curious and would love behind-the-scenes stuff and scavenger hunt, etc.

What do you think?  Would she enjoy?  Do other littles ever attend? She'd be okay as the only kid, but would she be welcomed? 

Thanks for any perspectives/advice!

• Like 4