Coasterstock 2017

JubJester

From #Coasterstock lunch guest speaker: Lance Heal - Manager of Entertainment. 

New for Haunt - 2 new attractions! 2 new Skeleton Keys!

Winterfest update - 2 years in the making. Concrete work already being done. 70 ft tree at the gates! Lots and lots of lights, 12 days of Christmas display, nativity scene, reindeer games and Santa list writing. Possible rides!

• Like 12

^I live just west of downtown Cincy, so whatever is on top of me gets on top of KI within a half hour.  Currently very dark, some winds, lightning in the distance to the west, no rain just yet. 

EDIT: Just started raining. 
EDIT2: We're now at cats and dogs level of rain. 

• Like 1

We bailed as well when the rain rolled in at around 9:45 PM.  From looking at Twitter, it looks like some (rainy) ERT did happen from 11:30-12:30 for those that stayed.  I'm glad that those that stayed were rewarded.

We didn't attend a whole lot of the various events at Coasterstock, but we still had a great time.  Maybe next year can be the "rain-less" year.

• Like 2

I was among those who stayed; I got 1 (rainy) ride on The Beast and 3 (dry) rides on Mystic Timbers after the storm finally passed. Kudos to park operations and all the ride crews for sticking it out through the ~2.5hr weather delay. Plenty of fun was had passing the time in the Festhaus.

More later, after I get some sleep and collect my thoughts.

• Like 9

It was so nice having people tell us to drive safe and thanking us for sticking it out. I was checking bars that last hour and everyone was so friendly and knew what they were doing and it made that last hour of work awesome. Thanks to everyone who came out for Coasterstock! 

• Like 7

So apparently there was a food fight (I believe among non-Coasterstock attendees) in the Festhaus last night sometime between 9 and 10. I missed it because I wandered out to look for change in Action Zone while we waited for the storm to start. I think I may have seen the beginning on my way out, because there was some arguing going on near the doors. And I saw part of the aftermath when I came back in - I noticed there was a significant security presence, but nothing still going on. Later I saw some posts in the Coasterstock Facebook group mentioning a food fight. 

Anyway, this morning I saw a pic someone had posted of the "aftermath" which appeared to be a piece of orange chicken stuck to a wall. But now I can't for the life of me find it again! Does anyone have any idea where I can find it, or have observations of your own about what happened? 

• Like 2

It was so nice having people tell us to drive safe and thanking us for sticking it out. I was checking bars that last hour and everyone was so friendly and knew what they were doing and it made that last hour of work awesome. Thanks to everyone who came out for Coasterstock! 

You were checking bars? HOW did I not see you XD

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So apparently there was a food fight (I believe among non-Coasterstock attendees) in the Festhaus last night sometime between 9 and 10. I missed it because I wandered out to look for change in Action Zone while we waited for the storm to start. I think I may have seen the beginning on my way out, because there was some arguing going on near the doors. And I saw part of the aftermath when I came back in - I noticed there was a significant security presence, but nothing still going on. Later I saw some posts in the Coasterstock Facebook group mentioning a food fight. 

Anyway, this morning I saw a pic someone had posted of the "aftermath" which appeared to be a piece of orange chicken stuck to a wall. But now I can't for the life of me find it again! Does anyone have any idea where I can find it, or have observations of your own about what happened? 

I saw it happen first-hand, but it happened so fast I don't have all the details. I'm not sure what started it - they were part of a group of kids/teens running around near the Action Zone entrance. I have no idea what started it, but someone flung a half-empty bottle of water at another person (presumably a friend of theirs?), who flung it back at the first person. More food was thrown after that, including ice cream. It was all over within a minute but I'm assuming someone from Panda Express called security about it as a security guard and KI Park Police officer showed up a few minutes later. After talking to the people in question, they made them leave and also made a couple of other kids put chairs from the patio back outside.

• Like 3

The rides I would imagine will operate would be Boo Blasters, Flight of Fear, and honestly I don't know what else, possibly some kiddie rides or maybe Mystic Timbers would be cool. Winterfest will be very cool this winter! Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

^ Mike Koontz revealed in an interview that Mystic Timbers is among the rides being worked on for Winterfest.

Lance Heal told us at Coasterstock that the full ride list is still being finalized with help from ride maintenance, though he couldn't share any specifies. Operating temperatures & maintenance schedules will be the big factors.

• Like 6

I'm a bit late on this, but...

On 5/15/2017 at 9:59 PM, malem said:

The only way to improve an Oreo is to dip it in chocolate, as Sweet Spot typically does for Dollar Days.

As of the weekend of our SFOG trip, they had chocolate-covered Oreos in the case down by the fudge "department". While you and Daniel were riding rides in the rain, I bought a couple of them (though I don't recall the price). They were good. :)

After visiting Coaster stock two weekends ago, I was blown away! Me and my friends had a blast from the morning to the evenings. My only complaint was the Thunderstorm activity that had to roll in on that Saturday night. Booo! Mystic Timbers is easily a new top 5 roller-coaster for me at Kings Island. I wish my brother and dad were able to ride. They would love this new addition to Kings Island. Great ride Kings Island. I loved the ride from start to finish. I love the shed too; and speaking of which I had a question about that for anyone who knows. If they ever have to take a train off the track for a short period of time, where in the shed do they transfer it over to? I was curious about that during coaster stock.

The transfer track is on the right in the first building you enter after the message errors and warps and tells you to "go in the shed, go in the shed". There is a low wall that hides it from view. The wall was only half finished on Media Day and you could see the orange train was being stored there at that time. 

• Like 3

I had not too long ago realized that while I had been deeply engrossed in my WindSeeker training on May 19, the KIC group swung by for a visit/ride. I didn't mentally register that they were there (though I am quite sure I saw @IndyGuy4KI which had me suspecting a KIC group was present) but that was just because they didn't want to interrupt my training. I hope my fellow KICers who came to WindSeeker (and Vortex) that day had a great ride as part of their Coasterstock experience!

• Like 3