The Great Ride Exchange

SonofBaconator

I'd exchange Invertigo for Grizzly (KD), Firehawk for Dominnator and Flight of Fear for Volcano: The Blast Coaster.  While I am at it, I'd exchange the former The Crypt for nothing except some grass and trees.

I half agree about Crypt. If nothing is going in there rather see it torn down and more trees and plants put in, but love to see a new ride of some type get put there. It's just begging for a mine theme with it's current setup and location.

Did have a new idea for it, but not sure how it would work with theming but could figure something out. Triotech unveiled their own version of a flying theatre attraction. Think the building would be perfect for it. Already tall and not really much space for a tracker ride inside without a lot of work. but could just put up a screen on one wall and have the seats from the other side/middle. And Cedar Fair is already working with Triotech a lot so sure they could do it.

• Like 1

Hmm...while there are plenty of fantasy trades I could think of, part of me was thinking "What about realistic trades if they were actually possible"...in that sense, Kings Island would not be able to get a ride like Fury 325, El Toro or Maverick without losing a HUGE chunk of its current rides lineup since those rides are signature rides and staples at their respective parks, and Kings Island isn't gonna wanna give up rides like Beast, Banshee, or Diamondback either. I'd also imagine age and reliability would be a factor in such trades, since a park would feel screwed if they traded for a ride and 2 years later they needed to demolish it or it was giving them maintenance nightmares. (Dollywood would probably jump on that "proposed" Beast for Lightning Rod trade due to this- no longer do they have to worry about the mechanical headaches that ride has given them so far, that'd be KI's problem now, and they get a tried-and-tested wooden coaster legend in Beast which due to the nature of wooden coasters still has plenty of life left in it...Kings Island would then be scrambling to get Lightning Rod to work correctly in their place, though if they did then they could potentially have a amazing coaster. They would also have to deal with the backlash of trading away a beloved iconic ride in Beast though...)

But what Kings Island might be able to do is say trade Invertigo for a couple (3+) of flat rides to a smaller park- that seems fair and would improve Kings Island, while the loss of Invertigo wouldn't mean much now that Banshee is at the park. The smaller park might get a nice boost simply from having a "new" coaster to boot, and might have a few extra flats it really doesn't need that much- which KI could really use to be honest.

Invertigo and Banshee are two different ride experiences. I would like to see some classic flats make their way back into KI; like Rotor, Tumblebug, Bayern Curve or Der Spinnin' Keggers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll take the s&s barn swing and maybe something else from silver dollar for Invertigo. They might take the trade too. They have no invert and it's a small park. And KI needs another flat or two. Or I'd love if we could get anyone to trade us their flume and replace our poor kenton's cove keelboat canal. Rip out that eyesore Tomb Raider building and put it right back there. All the real estate is still there even with Diamondback and MT. Last Diamondback helix would fly over the loading platform that's it. And it would bring some actual water back to RIVERtown. The DB splashdown doesn't count.

4 hours ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

I'll take the s&s barn swing and maybe something else from silver dollar for Invertigo. They might take the trade too. They have no invert and it's a small park. And KI needs another flat or two. Or I'd love if we could get anyone to trade us their flume and replace our poor kenton's cove keelboat canal. Rip out that eyesore Tomb Raider building and put it right back there. All the real estate is still there even with Diamondback and MT. Last Diamondback helix would fly over the loading platform that's it. And it would bring some actual water back to RIVERtown. The DB splashdown doesn't count.

Rivertown was never initially themed to a river. It was originally supposed to be called Frontierland but that would bare too much relation to Disney. They decided to name it Rivertown because it was more unique and reflected on the placement near the Little Miami River as well as the Ohio river playing such a big part in the Cincinnati history and economy. Rivertown was always more of a lumber/mining company with the early log flume, "Beast Canyon," Rivertown Mining Company, and more recently the Miami River Lumber Company. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Trying to make sense for both parks - 

How about Backlot Stunt Coaster to Valleyfair for Excalibur? (I've never ridden it but if it's anything like Gemini at CP it would be way better than Stunt Cars. Furthermore, Valleyfair in years past has acted like they aren't planning on keeping Excalibur long term)

Trade Mystic Timbers to Cedar Point for Wild Mouse and Cedar Downs Racing Derby (we get amazing flat ride and a family coaster and they get a new woodie seeing as they are currently down to Blue Streak)

Trade Boo Blasters on Boo Hill to Cedar Point for Skyride (we get Skyride across International Street like it was back in the 70s and CP who currently doesn't have a dark ride would now have one) 

Trade Invertigo and Congo Falls to Six Flags Over TX for Shockwave (TX probably always needs water rides and they don't currently have a 'boomerang' model as theirs went to st Louis. Shockwave would fill the void left in our lineup by Vortex demolition by having a smaller looper that still rides smooth and packs a punch) 

Trade Orion to Six Flags Magic Mountain for Tatsu (Magic Mountain finally gets a giga and we get a B&M flyer that is totally different than everything else in our lineup) 

Trade (name any flat ride in the park) to Carowinds for our original flying eagles. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, johnjniehaus said:

Trying to make sense for both parks - 

How about Backlot Stunt Coaster to Valleyfair for Excalibur?

Trade Mystic Timbers to Cedar Point for Wild Mouse and Cedar Downs Racing Derby.

Hmm, the first one makes sense. The second one I'm going to say, "Are you crazy?" Mystic Timbers has been a hit with Kings Island since it debuted in 2017. But hey, that's what makes this topic fun, but I would never trade Mystic Timbers to Cedar Point.

There was a rumor a couple years back of sending Rougarou to Valley Fair, but I don't think that's going to happen now with the Top Thrill Dragster work that's going on. But since a lot of people don't like it, here's my trade scenario. Trade Rougarou to Valley Fair for Excalibur. A lot of people say it would do so much better at a smaller Cedar Fair park and would probably become a hit there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

"Are you crazy?" Mystic Timbers has been a hit with Kings Island since it debuted in 2017. But hey, that's what makes this topic fun, but I would never trade Mystic Timbers to Cedar Point.

This made me chuckle a little bit. Trading something to CP would be difficult seeing as they have one of the most complete coaster collections in the world. I personally enjoy Beast and Racer much more than Mystic and figured that a modern woodie was about the only thing we have that CP doesn't have or would be interested in having in the future. Part of the deal was also getting one of only two racing derby carousel rides that exist in the USA. Again trying to make sense for CP I couldn't justify trading them any of our flat rides because it would only be duplicates of what they already have. However, I can understand that for any fan of Mystic Timbers the trade would be out of the question! So yeah I might be crazy ... Just not crazy about Mystic Timbers

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 5:35 PM, Shawn Meyer said:

Hmm, the first one makes sense. The second one I'm going to say, "Are you crazy?" Mystic Timbers has been a hit with Kings Island since it debuted in 2017. But hey, that's what makes this topic fun, but I would never trade Mystic Timbers to Cedar Point.

Similarly, I wouldn’t want to give our railroad away either. Even if Kings Dominion asked for it to replace the one Paramount removed. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...