Timberwolf Concerts STUBS

Shoe

I was lucky enough to see some great acts there, of course the perennials in JAMES TAYLOR, MOODY BLUES, and The Beach Boys, but also; Buffett 3 times, Men At Work, Newsboys, dc Talk, Clapton, Steve Miller, Kenny Loggins, Blondie and The Ramones.

Who did you see, have a stub to share with us?

• Like 1

I saw Britney Spears in concert back in August of 1999.  I got my ticket for $10.  You can't even see a movie for $10 nowadays.  Over the next few years I also saw Jessica Simpson and Plus One in concert there.  I really wish I would've kept my tickets/stubs as they would've made for a cool souvenir. 

Although I am sure there are many factors involved in the decline of amusement parks holding mainstream concerts one big one is how the business model has changed in the digital age. Back in the day, say pre late 90's concerts were a "promotional tour" to "support" the release of a new album. You don't hear those words much anymore. Outside of huge acts like the Stones and such concerts were not huge profit centers. As revenue dried up from from album sales with the onslaught of pirated music and digital distribution, the industry turned to tours for revenue increasing both the production value of them and the ticket prices as well.

While radio stations and such still give out tickets to shows there is a lot less of it now. Gone are the days when we could go to any show we wanted and bring a gaggle of friends along with us. In fact many times stations have to actually purchase a percentage of their promotional tickets.

Christian and Country have always been separate entities in the business and still operate to a degree in the old model which is likely why parks still find it profitable to bring them in.

• Like 3