Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

I still say the park will open on Friday, April 15th. Its Good Friday. Remember Banshee opened on Good Friday in 2014.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hope it is a Saturday opening with preview friday.... would work out much better with my schedule...

• Like 2

Preview night has been a good time to ride with minimal crowds the past couple seasons. I probably don't need to say this, but light crowds should not be expected with the premiere of a new, major coaster - passholder exclusive or not!

Easter Sunday would be a good day for riding, assuming the park is open then. Many people, myself included, have other plans that day & won't be in front of you in line.

• Like 4

I am going to agree with PKIVortex on this opening day. Banshee opened on Good Friday 2014 and mid April shows Good Friday on April 14, KI Media Day on Thursday or Wednesday. No coaster clubs will be allowed this year . They did have a special auction the night before Opening Day for A Kid Again for night rides on Banshee in 2014 and hopefully will do it again for 2017 with Mystic Timbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The official word from the park is that the ride capacity and location in Rivertown would preclude an event as big as Banshee's Media Day. There will be some enthusiast representation, but there's not room for everyone this time.

Many of us will be at the charity fundraiser event for unlimited riding before it officially opens, and Coasterstock participants are likely to get hours of ERT on Mystic Timbers (and Beast, Banshee, Diamondback & more).

• Like 2

I got an email with some of next years events, and one of the first ones is 'Education Day'. It's on Friday, April 28th, 2017. So maybe opening day is Friday, April 21st. Saturday, April 22nd, Friday April 14th, or Saturday April 15th. lol I know I just put 4 different dates for the possible opening day. But I have a feeling it'll be Friday, April 21st.

• Like 1

They will very likely correlate it with Worlds of Fun opening day/weekend, as they have for at least the past 5 years.  With that being the case, plan for a preview night on Friday, April 14th (which is WoF actual opening day) and an opening day of Saturday, April 15th.  I am rather puzzled as to why WoF is opening on a Friday, with preview night on a Thursday, but I digress.

• Like 2

Oh.... really?  Huh....https://www.worldsoffun.com/things-to-do/special-events

Spoiler alert for those who dont wish to click the link: Season passholder exclusive: 2017 Sneak Peek, THURSDAY April 13th, 2017.

Anyway, in regards to KI 2017 discussion, I feel that the parks plans in regards to how they are going to play Media Day and/or the early rider charity event will determine whether or not they hold a preview night at this park in 2017.  If they do one or both on Friday, I think that could be a factor in only those people ride before official Opening Day, although one or both of those events could be held on Thursday.  All of that aside, I am going for a Saturday, April 15th opening as I said two posts ago.

• Like 1

I still say the park will open on Friday, April 15th. Its Good Friday. Remember Banshee opened on Good Friday in 2014.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I do believe that KI will open on Good Friday which is April 14th. I see Media Day being the Morning of the 12th which is that Wednesday. With Gold and Platinum Season Pass Holder Preview being Thursday April 13.

By my understanding the Mystic Timber trains as of right now are scheduled to start arriving late January to early February!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Poking across all Cedar Fair Websites, here is what I found:

Cedar Point - Opening Day Saturday May 6th, No mention of Passholder Night, 2017 Calendar Posted

Dorney Park - Opening Day Saturday April 29th, Passholder NIght Friday April 28th 5-9PM, 2017 Calendar Posted

Worlds of Fun - Opening Day Friday April 14th, No mention of passholder night, 2017 Calendar Posted, Winterfest on Calendar but no times

Canadas Wonderland - Opening Day Sunday April 30th, No passholder night listed but mentioned under special events, no 2017 calendar

Carowinds - Opening Day Saturday March 25th, No mention of passholder night, no 2017 Calendar

Michigans Adventure - Opening Day Friday May 26th, No mention of passholder night, no 2017 Calendar

Kings Island - Nothing mentioned

Kings Dominion - Nothing mentioned

Valleyfair - Nothing mentioned

Interesting

• Like 8