Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

Yes, Cirque is definitely returning. I don't remember exactly which sources I heard it from around the time of the show closing for the season, but it was multiple trustworthy ones. I believe I heard it directly from Don Helbig, for one, when someone else asked him, but my memory is not the best. 

d79c6a7a53304937fdc93adf99ea8368.jpg

Per twitter it's returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

On 1/21/2017 at 7:17 PM, silver2005 said:

Those trains, developed by Vekoma, have only ever been installed on Vekoma's own rides.  No Arrow coaster has them and I don't think one ever will.  They have somewhat different track designing.  

You might be right on that. RCDB states Python @ Efteling is a Vekoma and ran Arrow trains for sometime before being replaced with the newer Vekoma trains. on the flip side, I don't know of an Arrow coaster that runs Vekoma trains. Seems like if Vekoma loopers can run Arrow trains you would think Arrow loopers could run with Vekoma trains.

Interesting note, our Vortex is a near clone of Python at Efteling yet ours is an Arrow. They are fortunate to have the newer trains.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

To my knowledge, the park has not confirmed that there is going to be a season pass preview night on 4/14.  I have not seen any promotional material (either in the fall or any emails sent out since the park closed) indicated there will be a season pass preview night.

Right the past 2 times I renewed in the fall one of the benefits listed for early renewals on the flyer was a preview night. This time it wasn't listed. But I really got my fingers crossed hoping for one!

• Like 3

**off topic**

Sitting in my science class, (we watch our professer thru a video link) and my professer excused himself for a minutes... and that was 20 minutes ago... so now i'm sitting here reading the boards lol 

P.S. he's okay, our TA told us his department head needed to talk to him lol 

Update lol: he never came back lol

• Like 3

I've never had a season pass before, but I'm looking at getting a gold pass for my family this year. I know I missed the best time to get them, but between now and the park opening, does the price increase? I've heard the gold passes go away after May - is that true? Mainly, I want to know when the best time to buy them is and/or if the price goes up. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xdog42 said:

This is a weird question but can someone tell me why regular season passes cost more than gold season passes. I mean the gold season pass has more perks and I mean logically it should be the more expensive pass amirite?

They are only cheaper right now because they are discounted. Just as bizarre however is the fact that a Busch Gardens summer pass costs the same as a single park single day ticket, if I recall correctly Six Flags Great America was the same way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, matt112986 said:

They are only cheaper right now because they are discounted. Just as bizarre however is the fact that a Busch Gardens summer pass costs the same as a single park single day ticket, if I recall correctly Six Flags Great America was the same way.

Thanks for answering. But seriously why do Summer passes cost the same. I mean everyone with common sense would still buy the season pass even if there far away from the park because you never know when you might pass by the park again. It's almost like a store selling 6 cupcakes for $5 and then right next to it you see 9 cupcakes for $5 It really doesn't add up. I'm not sure what idea BG has behind selling summer passes for the same price as a single day ticket but there has to be something we don't see. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2017 at 10:10 PM, CoasterOhio said:

Probably will, since it's Cirque, and they stated that they would have entertainment line up.

Sadly , they already announced the show line-up for this year (it's a stage show going in the KI Theater & a Snoopy ice skating show on the fountain). Hope they bring it next year!

• Like 2

On 1/21/2017 at 6:54 PM, TheBEASTunchained said:

Not usually an Opening Day go-er due to crowds, especially on seasons when new rides debut..... BUT....

Do any of you guys happen to know if FastLane is usually offered on Opening Day? And was it available for use on Banshee for it's Opening Day?

Yes, Fast Lane is available on opening day.

Yes, Fast Lane could be used on Banshee on its opening day.

Yes, Fast Lane was ABused on Banshee on its opening day by some people who got half a dozen or more shirts out of it, then turned around and sold the extras on eBay for $50 apiece, making back the money they spent on the Fast Lane pass and then some at the expense of people who waited in the multi-hour line only to just barely miss out on a shirt because of these ***holes.

I really hope the same does not happen with Mystic Timbers on opening day this year.

• Like 6