Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

This season, I plan on making more short evening trips than full day trips due to the work schedule (unless I can get a few off days switched around).  I'm used to going more for full days, and I was just curious on how to approach it.  To put it another way, switching mindsets to be able to get the most out of short trips as someone used to going for a full days (those will still happen).  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Look at it the way I look at going to KI/CP by having a season pass I don't feel like I have to do everything on one visit because I know I'll be back soon. 

When you do that, you don't have to worry about getting every single thing you want to do done....the biggest thing is be flexible.

This. But I only go to KI once a year, I hope to squeeze in a second visit this year. But I'll get in my fill of rides at CS. Although, I go to CP many times a year and I know that if I don't go on a particular ride one vist, there's always next time. Just think about 99% of other guests in the park with you don't get to go as much as you.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I can't find where it is in the park either, looking at the webcams and Google Earth.  They've done a lot of off season work that's for sure! 

This was posted a few weeks ago, looks like it's something that's going to be in the front of the park...

Some assembly required. #notaride #notamaze #projecthomefortheholidays

A post shared by KIEntertain (@ki_entertainment) on

• Like 5

Maybe its simply because of how busy they expect to be with other decorations for haunt and winterfest, including a presumably new haunt show or maze (the computer screen).
Did the preparations to turn the fountain into a skating rink take awhile? I know they usually started doing that at the end of the season back when paramount brought it back for one year

• Like 4

When Paramount brought back Winterfest in 2005, the fountain was drained by about the first weekend in October so that they could start the process of building the wooden platform upon which the ice skating rink was built.  The final weekend of the 2005 regular season was actually the first weekend in November, if my memory serves me correct.  There was an odd juxtaposition of Haunt decorations and Fear Fest (as it was known at the time) decorations up, especially on International Street.

• Like 4