Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

^ I also noticed that when looking at the webcam moments ago. Have the trains even arrived yet? Ahhh they still got a lot of work to do it seems like. Are we 37 days from Opening Day? I lost track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a suspicion that they've arrived secretly.. maybe we won't be shown until the ride is testing.. anyone remember when we saw Banshee's first train? Idr seeing a train till video of the ride testing started

• Like 3

I know a little off topic but I just added up all the hours I've spent in the passenger drop off/pick up area in the offseason. I've been by Kings Island 5 times and have spent a total of almost 2 hours sitting there just looking at the park. lol I have missed the park VERY much! I can't wait till I go back in 49 days and that opening day is in 44 days!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Elizabeth19 said:

I know a little off topic but I just added up all the hours I've spent in the passenger drop off/pick up area in the offseason. I've been by Kings Island 5 times and have spent a total of almost 2 hours sitting there just looking at the park. lol I have missed the park VERY much! I can't wait till I go back in 49 days and that opening day is in 44 days!

I can't wait to take some photos from the parking lot//drop off area again! Especially with Mystic Timbers, there will be something new to focus on.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Elizabeth19 said:

You would be jealous, I look at KI out my office window.

• Like 8

Opening day is in 37 days, (April 15th). Preview Day is in 36 days (April 14th).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

On 3/8/2017 at 9:57 PM, calakapepe said:

I still haven't figured out how to click back to the homepage after youve opened the forums in computer lol

Before the software upgrade, you could click a particular link in the main header to go back to the main site. Since the upgrade, there is no link back to the main site whatsoever that I can find.

On 3/8/2017 at 11:32 PM, freaks76 said:

I can't tell you how long it's been since I've seen the home screen. 

This. I have the forums directly bookmarked and never look at the main site unless someone specifically says "hey look at this".

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Opening day is in 37 days, (April 15th). Preview Day is in 36 days (April 14th).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well excuse me lol. I was so excited when I found out when KI opening day and to see how many days away that was and I didn't realize I put April 23rd as opening day.

51 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Just out of curiosity- do they have the construction on Kings Island Drive done yet?

I think so. It looks done to me out of the 5 times I've been by the park in the offseason

• Like 3

13 hours ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

Back to the $1,357,683 question, #whatsintheshed?

From the looks of the pictures they released of the station, I'm going to say it's nothing. It will be where you get off of the ride so an empty train rolls back into the station like on FoF.

The blueprints are on Twitter somewhere, there's an entrance and exit ramp attached to the station.

• Like 4

I'm not certain if Kings Island Drive is complete.. I think it was complete last time I drove through.. minus the landscaping.. 

But you still got quite a lot of work left to do if you come from the south towards Kings Island. That exit ramp situation has not yet been fixed, still very condensed.

• Like 2

I was just there on Sunday--Kings Island Drive does appear to be complete. The landscaping looks pretty nice, too.

The intersection on KI drive just south of the parking lot is still very condensed, though, like you said. That's not going to be fun to drive through Opening Day, especially if it's super busy.

• Like 4