Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

14 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

I went on Easter a few years ago when it was the opening weekend and the park was actually pretty low crowds so might not be too bad. The opening of a new coaster though could affect that.

The last time Easter was opening weekend (actually the last time the park was open Easter.) was the year Banshee debuted. The park was pretty well empty. I would guess those of you going will have a very nice day at the park. 

• Like 2

Hmm. Invertigo has a FunPix marker. I wonder if it's gonna get a camera. All jokes aside, I imagine the markers throughout the park like that are places where there could be roaming photos. Also one at the end of I street and by Shake Rattle and Roll. I would guess the Invertigo  may be a roaming photo outside the main gate. 

Anyone got a copy of the 2016 map to compare. Id be interested to see the differences over in river town. 

• Like 1

Hmm. Invertigo has a FunPix marker. I wonder if it's gonna get a camera. All jokes aside, I imagine the markers throughout the park like that are places where there could be roaming photos. Also one at the end of I street and by Shake Rattle and Roll. I would guess the Invertigo  may be a roaming photo outside the main gate. 

Anyone got a copy of the 2016 map to compare. Id be interested to see the differences over in river town. 

The map on the app is sti 2016
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, diamonbackandbeastlover said:

Some of the listed FunPix photo locations are just to show where the frames QR codes are.  The one marker that's on the tip of Invertigo is actually outside of the park gate by the Dinosaur.

Here's an example of one on International Street:

FunPix-Photo-Spot.jpg

https://21325-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/FunPix-Photo-Spot.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, johnaalexis said:

Just curious.... What are your thoughts on FunPix? Worth it? Not Worth it? 

I think it is worth is.  We got over 300 pictures in 32 visits. Sometimes the booth gets hectic (Banshee) but we have some really good photos and memories.  I just wish that they would get Firehawks camera back

• Like 5

I heard somewhere (trying to remember where exactly at the moment) that Mystic Timbers will not have bins in the station. 

Let me see if I can locate the source of that information.

EDIT: Information found on Kings Island's Twitter Page 

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 5.35.03 PM.png

Edited by Hoeter
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, rhyano said:

I really hope Diamondback's bins are gone this year, sure I'd be nice if they were free, but I use the rule of "whatever can't fit into cargo shorts I'm not bringing"

And especially now since we can buy the drink plan without the souvenir cup!  KI keeps getting better!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, johnaalexis said:

Just curious.... What are your thoughts on FunPix? Worth it? Not Worth it? 

Absolutely worth it. The cost is easily absorbed after a few pictures and you are able to download them, print them at your own convenience and it allows for great memories. It's easy to get your photos and it's painless.

• Like 5

On 3/18/2017 at 9:30 AM, freaks76 said:

The last time Easter was opening weekend (actually the last time the park was open Easter.) was the year Banshee debuted. The park was pretty well empty. I would guess those of you going will have a very nice day at the park. 

Thanks. I was thinking it was that year but couldn't remember exactly, figured I'd play it safe, besides one year's attendance is no indication of another's. However, I'd imagine with it being a big family holiday that it will likely be similar lwo level crowds. It was a great day to visit the park that year. I know Banshee had a long line at the start of the day but by afternoon it was even down to about 20-30 minute waits.

1 hour ago, jtro223 said:

And especially now since we can buy the drink plan without the souvenir cup!  KI keeps getting better!

Yea that was the biggest deterent to me with buying the drinks in years past at both KI and CP. Liked having the unlimited drinks but hated having to get a locker or try to hid eit and risk it being stolen when going to a ride without bins. Be so nice to have the wristbands for the day now when we go back. 

I am all for the no bins as well as it does seem to help speed up the loading process and keep lines moving quicker. And with a few exceptions, such as items for little kids you might have to bring, agree with the sentimentthat if it can't fit in your pockets it's not needed at the park. But have always thought it'd be nice if they coudl do some free lockers similar to Universal's that are good for the ride wait time and then jsut get rid of bins on all of the major attractions in the park.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rhyano said:

I really hope Diamondback's bins are gone this year, sure I'd be nice if they were free, but I use the rule of "whatever can't fit into cargo shorts I'm not bringing"

I think it's time for me to find some good cargo shorts :P i've also seen people mention running belts as a good way to store keys, wallet etc.

• Like 5

I think it's time for me to find some good cargo shorts i've also seen people mention running belts as a good way to store keys, wallet etc.

I use a running belt and I love it! I can zip my phone, cash & our single car key all it and and it lays flat against my body. I can even fit some travel packets of Advil / Bonnie in it too just in case. I have no problems with it on rides Cargo short really at my style and a running belt is a great alternative. If a running belt is too small for you though I've carried small fanny pack with out any issue also and I have a friend who has a "travelers belt". It's the in between of a runners belt and fanny pack, it's for people who want to travel and conceal their money/phone etc. I've been thru the rotation though trying to find what works, bag, no bag, pockets and I find the runner belt or fanny pack with the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, vermillionlove said:

I'm disappointed. I rarely ride anything that requires lockers. if they were free of charge, sure.

The minimum time is usually a lot longer than I need the locker. Last time I brought a pen, and put all my locker info on my receipt, handed it to someone in line for a locker after I left, so they got one for free.

• Like 4