Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

5 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

I recall one of The Racer ride op's saying something like "the song's you hear here are as old as this ride" or something along that line last year.  I couldn't tell if he was being complimentary to the (better) Racer music or just making a joke.  Either way, I chuckled. 

For me, The Racer is like time traveling. When I ride it, I like it to imagine I'm in the 70s/early 80s riding a classic rollercoaster. It's escapism. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Delirium2018 said:

Photo from KingsIslandPR on Snapchat. 

New Drop Tower Restraints?? I can't tell. *EDIT* It seems as if they've just painted them all black instead of getting new restraints, because the handle bars still look old.

Hope im not late on this lolIMG_8480.PNG

I doubt they have been painted.  The colors are off in the picture.  Just look at how dark the tower itself is.  

• Like 1

The restraints haven't been black as of recently. Looking at photos on Google show yellow/lime green restraints....the recently uploaded video from KI it'self (below) show yellow restraints. No matter how off the colors are in the picture, the yellow of the restraints would show through as the back of the Gondola does. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 4:28 PM, VortexBFForever said:

Why doesn't Kings Island have section-specific music like Kings Dominion does? What's been keeping Kings Island from having that?

I don't mind the pop music here at KI, but I loved the diversity of music I heard at Kings Dominion when I visited five years ago. I still remember it vividly.

You may not mind it now, but let's see if a summer working in the park changes that tune... :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^At least she's not working in Planet Snoopy. ;) I've heard many horror stories of employees being driven crazy by the music there.  Plus working WindSeeker gets her the awesome soundtrack on that. 

If only the WindSeeker soundtrack was used around the rest of the park.

• Like 3

Quick question, anyone know if KI is doing anything for Easter? I know that KD has done an Easter Eggstravaganza the past couple years. If your gonna be open on Easter why not do something like that especially if you want a decent turn out for park numbers on a Holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I want to do that before I go on easter, I just have to find and excuse to drive the 2 and a half hours up there for more than pass processing lol 

Ditto, I messed up and didn't select to use the girls and my picture from last year so it looks like a three hour drive this weekend to make sure passes are ready for next Thursday.

• Like 2

Ditto, I messed up and didn't select to use the girls and my picture from last year so it looks like a three hour drive this weekend to make sure passes are ready for next Thursday.

If it helps I check the Pass Processing hours on the website looks like they will be open on Easter Sunday and they open at 5 next Thursday. Maybe you could just get there early instead of driving all that way. 9e4309e48ceeeea9c6dd6e7e31a1335a.jpg

• Like 1

If it helps I check the Pass Processing hours on the website looks like they will be open on Easter Sunday and they open at 5 next Thursday. Maybe you could just get there early instead of driving all that way. 9e4309e48ceeeea9c6dd6e7e31a1335a.jpg

Unfortunately the park opens at 4 on Thursday for season pass holder preview night. I want to make sure passes are done and we are in line super early to be one of the first riders of #MysticTimbers. However it also gives us a chance to get some Popeyes which we have been craving since last season

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

Unfortunately the park opens at 4 on Thursday for season pass holder preview night. I want to make sure passes are done and we are in line super early to be one of the first riders of #MysticTimbers. However it also gives us a chance to get some Popeyes which we have been craving since last season emoji16.png

Preview pass holder night is Friday, not Thursday. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

It should be the same picture as last year. You should be able to go to any ticket windows/guest services/season pass processing area to double check that your picture is there and ready to go for the season. I've double checked a few times.

If you are lucky, you can delete the app on your mobile device and reinstall and add your passes and it should show if you have a picture associated with your pass - in years past I would do that when the photo mysteriously disappeared from the app!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, disco2000 said:

If you are lucky, you can delete the app on your mobile device and reinstall and add your passes and it should show if you have a picture associated with your pass - in years past I would do that when the photo mysteriously disappeared from the app!

I did that (uninstall and re-install) in hopes of seeing my photos and confirming everything renewed fine, but it then said my android "does not support" this app...so if you do this, be careful as you might lose your app.  I'm hoping an update will resolve this soon! 

• Like 1