Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

3 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

I did that (uninstall and re-install) in hopes of seeing my photos and confirming everything renewed fine, but it then said my android "does not support" this app...so if you do this, be careful as you might lose your app.  I'm hoping an update will resolve this soon! 

Yep, which is why I said "if you are lucky" lol.  From my limited investigation, anything running 4.0 and below will not support the new app.

• Like 2

This same thing happened with the MyDisney app last year when we went to Disney World.  My wife and I went to install the app again so we could use it on our trip, but it was no longer compatible.  We were still using our Galaxy S4s at the time and unfortunately still running Android 4.0.  I guess if you want to keep up with the latest theme park apps, you have to keep your phone upgraded as well, which can be tricky.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, disco2000 said:

If you are lucky, you can delete the app on your mobile device and reinstall and add your passes and it should show if you have a picture associated with your pass - in years past I would do that when the photo mysteriously disappeared from the app!

Going to try this!!

5 hours ago, DubVLegend said:

Not if you chose to use the same picture from your previous pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't remeber what I chose.... It's been since november lol I checked the pass processing times and it says its open 12-7 easter. SO i'm not worried now. I just didn't want to drive two and half hours up there and they say sorry you can't get in until you fix it and you can't today lol 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, johnaalexis said:

Question and I should probably know this lol but... Do you have to get your season pass picture taken every year? If so are they/will they be open on Sundays? Trying to plan accordingly :)

As long as the picture looks like you and isn't a picture of you as a preteen or anything like that you will be okay. You can call the guest services line before you come and ask if your pass if good to go, and they will be able to look it up for you! The Guest Service people are good about that anytime I've corresponded with them.

• Like 3

As a note on pass processing hours: In past years, on days when the park is open, the advertised pass processing hours have always matched the park operating hours, as they do here. But despite that, pass processing has generally opened at the same time as ticket sales on such days, which is typically when the parking lot itself opens, an hour to an hour and a half before the time listed on the schedule. While it's not guaranteed that this will be the case this year, it seems like a safe assumption.

That said, pass processing lines on opening day can be, barring a new coaster, among the longest lines in the park, and the same will likely be true about preview day as well this year. So it is still a good idea to process in advance to beat the massive crowds who didn't.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ECSUSER said:

I'm assuming an hour early entrance for pass holders on Easter Sunday even though it's - well Easter Sunday.  Anybody heard differently?

ERT hasn't been an hour for several years. The Season Pass Benefits page on the KI website says it's 30 minutes this season, just like the past several seasons.

• Like 1

I miss the hour long ERT! :( But 30 minute ERT is still better than no ERT at all. :)

Of course, when I enjoy Cedar Point's hour-long Early Entry, I can't help but think about the seasons Kings Island had hour-long ERT (including 2010, when I attended Gold/Platinum Passholder ERT for the first time!).

• Like 6

I'm assuming an hour early entrance for pass holders on Easter Sunday even though it's - well Easter Sunday.  Anybody heard differently?

I would assume they will have ERT on Easter. Website says it's available everyday of public operation and I've not heard anything to the contrary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcgoble3 said:

ERT hasn't been an hour for several years. The Season Pass Benefits page on the KI website says it's 30 minutes this season, just like the past several seasons.

I guess I just assumed ^_^ Too CP centric I guess.

• Like 3

The difference between KI and CP for ERT is that CP has resort guests who are able to take part of ERT....whereas KI only has season passholders. Essentially the resort guests are paying for that hour ERT with their stays whereas KI season passholders aren't putting any additional funds into the park by coming early (no stands or anything are open....so it's a pure labor cost at that point).

• Like 3

I have a question. I've been trying to purchase Fast Lane Plus for Opening Day, and I've tried on the app and on the website and it always gives me this Error message: how do they expect me to buy it if they can't accept my credit card? I have way over the amount of money I need to purchase it. And I'm afraid they're going to sell out if i have to pay with cash on opening day..

"Error Code 592: Due to online security standards your order cannot be processed. Further attempts to process a transaction may result in multiple pending charges by your credit card issuer."

*Edit* I didn't realize it said my credit number like that can somebody like delete so i can try and post again cropping that out?

Mod edit: replaced the screenshot with text

^ Most likely, the billing address (specifically, the street number) or zip code you entered doesn't match what's on file with your credit card issuer. If everything's correct and you still have problems, I'd recommend calling the online store customer service number.

• Like 2

I have a question. I've been trying to purchase Fast Lane Plus for Opening Day, and I've tried on the app and on the website and it always gives me this Error message: how do they expect me to buy it if they can't accept my credit card? I have way over the amount of money I need to purchase it. And I'm afraid they're going to sell out if i have to pay with cash on opening day..

"Error Code 592: Due to online security standards your order cannot be processed. Further attempts to process a transaction may result in multiple pending charges by your credit card issuer."
*Edit* I didn't realize it said my credit number like that can somebody like delete so i can try and post again cropping that out?
Mod edit: replaced the screenshot with text

Had a similar issue on a different site, my problem was that I had two address attached to my account and the billing zip code I was using didn't match the primary address on my account. Just a thought! Hope it helps

• Like 1

I'm also considering a trip to KI on Easter Sunday, as I can't go on Preview Night (my sister's birthday dinner is that night) and Opening Day as I know it would be way too crowded. One of my friends (who is also an associate!) will tag along with me on my first trip of the season!

Edit: She just texted me saying she can't go on Easter. Looks like I have my very first true solo trip in the works (as neither of my parents will be going).

• Like 4

I honestly don't remeber what I chose.... It's been since november lol I checked the pass processing times and it says its open 12-7 easter. SO i'm not worried now. I just didn't want to drive two and half hours up there and they say sorry you can't get in until you fix it and you can't today lol 

Ok so good news for you. If you still have last years pass it will work for this season if you have renewed. Wish I knew this before the three hour drive one way today, however it was a good excuse for the girls and myself to take a road trip and have some fun.
c1b97d87879f55fcb5c51ee50b47660b.jpge4f9d7c276c24cea7981fe096f50574d.jpg
The calm before the storm!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, silver2005 said:

So I found out I'm off on Easter Sunday and I'm seriously contemplating a visit that day.  Just out of curiosity, when KI has been open on Easter, how have the crowds been?  

I went in 2014 on Easter which was also opening weekend with Banshee. Crowds were actually pretty low so I would expect similar. As Malem said many people have plans with family and stuff on Easter for the holiday so helps keep the crowds down.

• Like 5