Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

1 hour ago, purdude86 said:

I went in 2014 on Easter which was also opening weekend with Banshee. Crowds were actually pretty low so I would expect similar. As Malem said many people have plans with family and stuff on Easter for the holiday so helps keep the crowds down.

Easter sunday is always a great day to go, because most people forget that the park is open that day or are busy spending time with families. Always the best day to go and see the new additions to the park! :lol:

• Like 5

Just gonna add this right now on this thread: Add to your calendar that the park is closed Sunday April 23 for a private event. No passes or tickets accepted except for those attending the private event will be allowed to attend. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The only ride my friends daughter wants to ride on preview night is White Water Canyon. It usually doesn't open until Memorial Day when the water park opens right? I can't remember for sure but I would assume especially this year with all the construction and draining the water it will be delayed until then. 

Anyone else notice that Beast and the kids/family coasters (Flying Ace and Woodstock Express) aren't listed on the Coasters page? Also, it doesn't seem like the other headings in that section (Thrill Rides/Family Rides, etc.) are not working. Otherwise, the new site looks pretty slick! B)

EDIT: Also, I like their 404 Error page. Try clicking on the Planet Snoopy link on the main page and see what happens!

2 hours ago, Melody said:

The only ride my friends daughter wants to ride on preview night is White Water Canyon. It usually doesn't open until Memorial Day when the water park opens right? I can't remember for sure but I would assume especially this year with all the construction and draining the water it will be delayed until then. 

Yeah WWC doesn't open until after memorial day sadly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Anyone else notice that Beast and the kids/family coasters (Flying Ace and Woodstock Express) aren't listed on the Coasters page? Also, it doesn't seem like the other headings in that section (Thrill Rides/Family Rides, etc.) are not working. Otherwise, the new site looks pretty slick! B)

EDIT: Also, I like their 404 Error page. Try clicking on the Planet Snoopy link on the main page and see what happens!

The Beast is on there now (Under the T's, not the B's). Woodstock Express and Flying Ace have typically not been listed on the coaster section, and as far as I know have always been in the family/kids section

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coca-ColaParking said:

Yeah WWC doesn't open until after memorial day sadly.

I don't know about that.  It didn't open until Memorial Day last year because of some work being done, but it is usually open early in the season.  My kids drag me on it when it's still way too cold.

• Like 2

Soooo, FunPix all season photo digital pass is good at most Cedar Fair parks when added to a season pass.  Looks like I should have bought one at KI for $44.99 instead of at CP for $54.99.  Goes to show, quit looking after you make the purchase.  :angry:

If you look at the new map on the new and improved website, it lets you zoom in around MT.  It is neat to see where WWC crosses.  The only thing and it may be nothing is the shed back to the station looks different than the Shed outside view that they had released initially as in there is open area between different parts of the shed.

9 hours ago, Coca-ColaParking said:

The Beast is on there now (Under the T's, not the B's). Woodstock Express and Flying Ace have typically not been listed on the coaster section, and as far as I know have always been in the family/kids section

Thanks for pointing that out; I see it now :) 

How did you get to the new map on the new website?  I can't find it anywhere.. 

Also there's a new blog on the KI Blog site, talking about celebrating 45 years of great Kings Island history!  Here's the link!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2017/april/kings-island-celebrates-45-years-of-world-class-thrills-fun-and-family-entertainment

14 hours ago, ECSUSER said:

Soooo, FunPix all season photo digital pass is good at most Cedar Fair parks when added to a season pass.  Looks like I should have bought one at KI for $44.99 instead of at CP for $54.99.  Goes to show, quit looking after you make the purchase.  :angry:

Is it me or did the price jump on this?  I am pretty sure we got this for around $30.