Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

Rain? Thunderstorms? On Sunday?

Can I please schedule one thunderstorm to hit the park at approximately 1:00 PM Sunday afternoon, briefly drench everything, and shut down rides for about 45 minutes? I think that would be enough to drive the masses out of the park (or keep them from showing up) for the rest of the day so we can marathon Mystic Timbers. :P

• Like 5

With Opening day just around the corner, just a simple reminder about preview night and Opening Day. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING about lines for food and rides. They will get better during the season,  but remember there are teenagers having their first official day at work or first time at a job. We know what to expect, but some people do not. I would hope we have some compassion and understanding that not everything will be perfect the first time. thank you for listening.

Edited by jdf21972
hit enter to soon
  • Like 17

I always wondered why people get so upset when they go to a busy amusement park knowing there will be long lines and then complain when they find a busy amusement park with long lines. Patience is not just a virtue, it's a sign of being an adult, a gentleman. Waiting ten minutes at The Chicken Shack is hardly something to get worked up about or even complain about. At all. 

• Like 5

The waits not the problem.... possibly the under staffed, under trained, poorly managed, stuff is the problem.... if you don't complain to the management then they assume every thing is good. If you don't tell about the rude employee they can't get trained to be better.

There is a difference between being patient and being complicit.....

Also you assume people are upset because they make observations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Unfortunately, I see rain in the forecast for this weekend, a very low chance on Friday, slightly higher chance on Saturday, and Sunday has the highest chance.  

Fingers crossed for rain at like 10 on Sunday & then dry and again at like 6 lol for low crowds!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

Remember there are teenagers having their first official day at work or first time at a job.

One of whom is me. :D I just hope Saturday isn't too stressful, but I think I should get used to my job in due time.

-BFF, who picked up an opening shift on Opening Day so she could help out her fairly understaffed Vortex crew.

• Like 9

Less than 72 hours until Opening Day! For some of us, less than 12 hours remain until the mystery of the shed is revealed. For me, it's less than 24 hours as I will be at the First Rider Event tomorrow!

It's been a long and stressful offseason. From losing a family member, getting a certification for work that I never thought I would get, to finally going back to school for my Bachelor's Degree- this weekend cannot get here any sooner. Two weeks ago I got my first taste of coasters by visiting Dollywood for the first time. I thought I was excited before to ride Mystic Timbers. After riding Thunderhead- another GCI coaster, seeing the theming for Mystic Timbers, and seeing the POV today- my excitement level is off the charts! 

Additionally, after New Years, I got the itch to get a new tattoo. This is something I've been thinking about for quite some time. I already had one but I wanted this one to incorporate where I"m from- Ohio. I contacted my tattoo artist who is a good friend of mine and he came up with an idea for the tattoo- something that I never thought of and I love how it turned out. Got it a couple weeks back! My camera flipped the image so it's opposite of what you see in the picture. 

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces over the next few days!

fullsizeoutput_16.jpeg

• Like 10

Hi all, I have a question and I hope it isn't an annoying one! I can see from the park's website that they are open 10am-10pm on opening day. I am wondering if they are letting gold pass holders in any earlier like they would on other regular days? Basically, just wondering what time I should aim to arrive at the park : ) (I am a gold pass holder) I am normally a bit of a night owl so I want to get the maximum amount of sleep that I can (if I can manage to get any sleep with the anticipation building!!)

Is there a pass holder preview night thread? I've searched on my phone but it's not coming up. Something have changed at work so I'm now off this whole weekend and trying to decide if I want to go to Preview Night & Easter Sunday too or just Sunday. Is it usually crazy on preview night? Would be able to arrive until about 6pm

12 minutes ago, johnaalexis said:

Is there a pass holder preview night thread? I've searched on my phone but it's not coming up. Something have changed at work so I'm now off this whole weekend and trying to decide if I want to go to Preview Night & Easter Sunday too or just Sunday. Is it usually crazy on preview night? Would be able to arrive until about 6pm

Last year preview night felt like a ghost town. Banshee was only a station wait. However every mom and their brother comes to opening weekend when there is a new ride. 

Last year preview night felt like a ghost town. Banshee was only a station wait. However every mom and their brother comes to opening weekend when there is a new ride. 

Okay I think we are still going to go. We are going up Friday and driving home and then coming back with some family on Sunday. I hate driving so much (2 hours each way) but it's still cheaper than a hotel lol

On 4/12/2017 at 10:31 AM, jdf21972 said:

With Opening day just around the corner, just a simple reminder about preview night and Opening Day. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING about lines for food and rides. They will get better during the season,  but remember there are teenagers having their first official day at work or first time at a job. We know what to expect, but some people do not. I would hope we have some compassion and understanding that not everything will be perfect the first time. thank you for listening.

Thank you for posting this. My first ever day of work is Friday and trust me we'll be working our hardest but be patient as there are a few first years on our crew. We will certainly try our best but it's hard to be perfect without a lot of practice beforehand. The good thing about this is that we can only get better from here.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, johnaalexis said:

According to the weather report, Friday may be your only rain free 6 hour window of opportunity.

• Like 1

Updated quickly forecast from WLWT, its looking pretty good.

Thursday Apr 13

75°F / 53°F

Friday Apr 14

79°F / 59°F

Saturday Apr 15 (chance of rain)

80°F / 62°F

Sunday Apr 16 (storms likely)

75°F / 50°F

• Like 2

19 hours ago, shark6495 said:

The waits not the problem.... possibly the under staffed, under trained, poorly managed, stuff is the problem.... 

Most of what you mention is a management issue and you definitely have the right to complain to them. But there is a level of understanding and calmness that comes with constructive criticism, otherwise it will just sound like senseless hate and aggressive whining to most people. 

• Like 1

Agreed. But it's silly to ask people to be patient because we know lines are going to be long. It's silly (cross threading) to say if we expect professionalism and such to go to Disney. It's silly to say that we shouldn't expect the best from Kings Island and be okay with that.

I have been on these boards for almost 8 years. I have seen and read that what we expect from KI happen at other parks.... so no I'm not going to "whine" I'm not going to be rude to the employees... but for sure I'm going to let managers know when they screw up. If have to warn others on here as well. We give this park either $100+ a person each season or $40 per day plus food plus gear plus whatever.

But yes management may be a bigger problem as we have heard it all of the time each season.

• Like 2