Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

Someone broke part of the fence in the Mystic Timbers Line. This is why we can't have nice things lol

dc2e33d22dd7be3beeee6fbb6ca26bce.jpg3ae8acb4d7e42ecd60dc0b712144b2a6.jpg3d4974636562bc499b9ae0b648269426.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: This is in the back section of the queue near the shed & RFYLCB. Also, didn't know what thread to leave it on butt wanted to share and it made me a little sad. Lastly, while typing this in line for Mystic Timbers watched someone ahead of me about break another.

• Like 3

The only coasters without storage available on the ride platform are Mystic Timbers, Banshee and Firehawk.

Flight of Fear uses an article storage area near the ride platform instead of bins. I would not recommend leaving valuables in that area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Also, for those riding Mystic Timbers, you can't ride with a fanny pack; I found this out the hard way.

My wife and I use running belts that basically hold our phones, gold pass, key.  They are very low profile and go under our shirts.  We haven't had any problems with these.  Was your fanny pack on the outside of your shirt?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stashua123 said:

I heard the theme song of The Godfather in full glory while walking and it kind of made me do a double take, it fit in SO WELL.

That is to cool.  Been looking at the calendar trying to figure out if we can make it in before school let's out, will have to try harder now.  

^ Fast Lane line moved pretty fast from the three times I've been in line.

Make sense Mystic Timbers doesn't have bins. They need the train to get out of there fast. So people aren't sittung in or outside the shed. (Which I think kind of ruins the shed if you're sitting there for a while).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

My wife and I use running belts that basically hold our phones, gold pass, key.  They are very low profile and go under our shirts.  We haven't had any problems with these.  Was your fanny pack on the outside of your shirt?

I don't remember. I know that they found it when they were checking my seat belt and I was surprised about that. It turned out ok in the end and I was able to ride; but I now know first hand that no loose articles means NO loose articles.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Lightning storms shut down most everything.  Rain + Diamondback  = Not much fun.  If its does not stay, it does tend to clear the park though.

I think I'll be good if I go on Saturday. It says cloudy with periods of rain.

So, I just finished my trip report from Opening Day (I don't usually share KI ones on KIC, I just keep 'em to myself) and it was very long. The only thing I got hung up on is while I was doing that, I was also remembering (and writing down) the setlist from Back to the 90's and I couldn't remember what song played after "Two Princes", but before "How do I". Yeah, I feel like this is going to be another "The Boyz are Back"- after the first show, I'm hooked! The first act is good, but I really like the 2nd and last acts (I'm not sure if there are three or four acts- while watching, it felt like 4 (which was impressive to me), but when I wrote all the songs/acts down that I remembered, I only got 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KatieF said:

You'll be good if your patiently waiting in line. It's not Easter weekend anymore and many gold and platinum members will flood the park next Saturday, I'd say a lot more than yesterday. I'm just giving the heads up, members don't typically leave the park, they wait for everyone else, that works at times during the summer and fall, I wouldn't get my hopes up for this Saturday. It's hard to get lucky on a Saturday especially this early in the season from my years of experience. Most every gold pass in a 2 hour radius will plan to be there knowing a new coaster awaits. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KatieF said:

Whatever the forecast is now it will certainly be different 5 days from now.  Coming from Columbus there is a considerable investment in time and money getting there so I tend to look up north if the forecast is more that scattered showers for that day.   However whenever I do that there are always a few posts here like "the storm cleared the park out and everthing is a station wait!"  

Next time you are at the Dollar Store get some cheap ponchos to have on hand.  

10 hours ago, Jr for Birdy said:

You'll be good if your patiently waiting in line. It's not Easter weekend anymore and many gold and platinum members will flood the park next Saturday, I'd say a lot more than yesterday. I'm just giving the heads up, members don't typically leave the park, they wait for everyone else, that works at times during the summer and fall, I wouldn't get my hopes up for this Saturday. It's hard to get lucky on a Saturday especially this early in the season from my years of experience. Most every gold pass in a 2 hour radius will plan to be there knowing a new coaster awaits. 

That's why I really don't like going to KI on the weekend. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings is where it's it at.

• Like 3