Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

That's awesome.   Fireworks like that are not cheap.  KI probably could have comped Platinum passes and a fistful of FL+ to those dozen people and saved money.  

No probably about it, and if those dozen or so people bring their wallet or purse into the park when they used those passes they'd actually make money.                                                    I want dipping dots now after watching that video and of course to get the latest top secret info! Haha

38 minutes ago, malem said:

If temperatures will only get into the 60s, Soak City generally doesn't open to begin with.

Unless it's a gold pass preview weekend for a new ride, in which case they might open Soak City at 57° with rain.

My rule on any water park is 80F with no wind and 85‘F with gusts over 10mph.  It's just not pleasant for me any lower than that.  I am sure your's are more in line with the park's.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Think I am going to head up tonight, any guesses on the crowd size with rain on its way?

Wife and I are debating on the same.  I looked at the radar and it doesn't look like there's much chance of rain until later tonight.  It does look a little on the cooler side. (Can't believe I'm saying 60 in April is cool).

• Like 1

There's a decent number of people here for parking gate open but if it's not just a little slow now until people get off work, I'd say tonight will be a relatively light night for crowds. 

I brought my long underwear just in case tonight but I'm really annoyed because I thought I could retire it for the year. Ohio weather!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Did my post about the power outage get deleted? I realize we don't post about individual rides going down, but the majority of the park is down, it would be helpful if we could share notes on what is running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I moved it to a new thread.

https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32829-temp-power-outage-friday-april-21st/#comment-766945

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2012Jarrett said:

Wait, what's this? Is that like a replacement for a height wristband or something?

I think this is where in Planet Snoopy, where you can get your kid a "drivers license". At least that's what it was last year. I could be wrong. Just what I think

• Like 1

I went into the candy store on International Street for the first time yesterday and bought some candy bars with some of the roller coasters on the wrapper. I thought these were super cute and make great tiny gifts! Are these new this year?!

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but did Kings Island update their park map? I can't find a 2017 version with Mystic Timbers anywhere. Not even the app.

The actual park map you can get while visiting has Mystic Timbers but I agree that the map has not been updated on the app or online with the new website update. Hopefully it will be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Elizabeth19 said:

Next time Kings Island is open, I'll be there at 9:30am! Riding Dback for the ERT first, since I rode MT 10 times on Media Day. But defiantly headed to The Beast once it hits 10am! Super excited :lol:

Defiantly?  :o  

(my auto-correct does the same thing)

So we will be seeing you at the Friday meet-up then?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KatieF said:

I went into the candy store on International Street for the first time yesterday and bought some candy bars with some of the roller coasters on the wrapper. I thought these were super cute and make great tiny gifts! Are these new this year?!

I don't remember seeing them last year. They sound awesome. 

10 hours ago, KatieF said:

They are new for 2017. They're also available in Diamondback Trading post and Emporium. 

• Like 1