Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

On 5/30/2017 at 9:15 AM, malem said:

For a single ticket, buying at Kroger is probably cheaper than buying online due to the online order processing fee. Prices at Kroger vary by area; call a store near you to see how much they cost.

Bring-a-friend tickets are also sold at the front gate; just present your gold or platinum pass at the ticket windows.

Thanks! Indianapolis Kroger had them for $40.

• Like 1

With regards to the Kroger tickets, if a group of people are going, some with Kroger tickets and some using their Gold/Plat passes, only those with the passes will be allowed early ride time.  If that's a concern for some folks, it might just be better to pay a few dollars more for the bring a friend ticket.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

It is always so disheartening hearing how lax CF seems to be with line jumpers.   It is hardly a deterrent if the only consequence is they are sent to the next ride to try again.  

It always seems to happen a lot in the WindSeeker line. People not going all the way down to get a number. I always mention this idea to fix it:

Add netting between the queue to get the number and the two lines you go into once you received a seat number. All they have to do is put netting in the holes of the hand rails. This will stop people from going underneath to get to the two lines with assigned numbers. Also this will give people a message of "You can't cut here, keep following the path". Also a sign may help too.

• Like 2

I had an unfortunate experience with line jumpers in the mystic timbers queue a couple of weeks back. A mother and two children just walking right up to where they wanted- pretending to be with someone nearer to the front of the line. I would never say anything to them or a ride op. Because I don't like to rock the boat- but I'm sure others noticed. The policy on line jumpers has gotten more lax over the years, I agree. I hope this is something they fix. If only they could have another ride op. Along the queue to try and prevent this- similar to Firehawk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When it comes to line jumping you the guest have to stand up for yourself. I have seen it too many times this year. Heck my 4 year old can stand in a line by himself while we watch from afar and not line jump so can teenagers and adults!  The problem is if park kicks these guest out they lose a paying customer. 

Saw two interesting, well poor behavior examples tonight. In line for Diamondback when a group of 3 or so jumped over the outside fence into the queue of Diamondback and in front of people. (They called for people to join but nobody did) 

Earlier however to which i didn't really have anything i could have done, back in The Bat line a group of kids stopped at the 2nd entrance to the ride (the first entrance/exit once getting off) One of them jumped over the railing and ran into the trees, the group turned saw me looking and ran off. the one he jumped and ran into the trees later ran back out and jumped back on the path and disappeared.

Is it just me, or does KI seem to draw more trashy / disrespectful people in recent years?  Maybe they just stand out more when line jumping, cursing, smoking, etc., occur.  Maybe it's just 2017 culture as a whole.  Maybe I'm just growing into a grouchy old man. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Is it just me, or does KI seem to draw more trashy / disrespectful people in recent years?  Maybe they just stand out more when line jumping, cursing, smoking, etc., occur.  Maybe it's just 2017 culture as a whole.  Maybe I'm just growing into a grouchy old man. 

I wouldn't be surprised. I live in one of the two big towns in the area that's known for this kind of stuff and so much worse. The sad thing is I see this behavior in actual adults. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

Has anyone seen KI run just 1 train on any ride instead of 2 or 3? I'm at KD and 4 or 5 of the coasters I've been on only had 1 train running.

Many parks run reduced trains on days that are not as busy as a cost-saving measure. Kings Island generally doesn't do this; they run as many trains as are available, unless maintenance issues or rain force some to be removed. And I love that they operate like that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheRickster said:

Kings Island is usually to busy even on slow days to go down in trains.

On Friday, May 5, they could easily have cut all the coasters back to one train and still had mostly walk-ons. But they still ran as many trains as the weather allowed.

EDIT: In fact, on that day, they had three rows in the middle of Mystic Timbers chained off (I assume to balance the train or something like that) and it was STILL a walk-on. Even one-train operation would have made it at most a 5-minute wait because of the crappy weather.

Thinking about going to the park tomorrow for just a few hours mid afternoon. That's the best part about having a Gold Pass I think, the ability to just decide mid-day "hey I feel like riding Diamondback" (also helps when you're just a 40 minute drive away too).

There is only one coaster left in the park that I have never rode before: Invertigo.

I'm not a big fan of the whole boomerang style, but for posterity I know I need to ride it this summer.

I intend also one day this summer to hit every coaster in a day, something I've always wanted to do as a personal endurance, Ha!

On Friday, May 5, they could easily have cut all the coasters back to one train and still had mostly walk-ons. But they still ran as many trains as the weather allowed.
EDIT: In fact, on that day, they had three rows in the middle of Mystic Timbers chained off (I assume to balance the train or something like that) and it was STILL a walk-on. Even one-train operation would have made it at most a 5-minute wait because of the crappy weather.

They do this on mystic on slow days because it takes the ride ops too long to send out the trains when they have to attach the seat belts to the empty seats.. They do the middle because usually most people want to sit in the front or back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On 5/31/2017 at 10:00 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Unfortunately Disney already has these guys under contract.

IMG_0094.JPG

Actually Disney has their Queue50, lol. There is a video somewhere where two guests get into a verbal and physical confrontation and the attendant separates them, but a man who appears to be another guest intervenes. The woman tells him to butt out and he clearly states, "I work here ma'am" . It's like they have plain clothes security wandering the park and queue lines.....I'd apply for that job, wouldn't you?

• Like 3

On Friday I did a see a good move by a ride Op on Drop Tower. A bunch of kids wearing the same shirts (school group?) were in fast pass line but one of them didn't actually pay for it and was just trying to sneak in with them. He got in a seat, but a ride Op went over to him and made him exit the ride before it started. Kids gotta learn.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, upstop said:

Actually Disney has their Queue50, lol. There is a video somewhere where two guests get into a verbal and physical confrontation and the attendant separates them, but a man who appears to be another guest intervenes. The woman tells him to butt out and he clearly states, "I work here ma'am" . It's like they have plain clothes security wandering the park and queue lines.....I'd apply for that job, wouldn't you?

Pretty much every amusement park has plain clothed security guards.

• Like 1