Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, Gannersdaddy said:

A couple of things I noticed today.  Mystic Timbers steps now have antislip treads on them. I will post a pic later. Also, tried the Black and Blue burger at Jukebox diner.  Pretty good. The new order kiosks were screwing up on me but they manually rang in my order. Jukebox is improving.

The one time I went to Jukebox this season, I really liked the idea of ordering from a screen (which doubled as a menu) and then receiving (and paying for, as I used cash) my food at the counter. It seems like a very efficient way to do business and (in theory) keeps the lines down/moving. 

• Like 3

So fara really great day at the park, my 10th visit this season (I'd say that Gold Pass has paid off and then some). Light crowd, great weather. I've hit Mystic, Banshee, Diamondback and WindSeeker already and I could have fit in a lot more but I'm pacing myself and just enjoying the day at a leisurely pace.

• Like 4

I have the WindSeeker Curse.  Every time we walk up to the thing it is down or goes down.  KI and CP doesn't matter.  Last night we were about to board at CP and then they unloaded.   Probably 10 attempts this season.   Every. Time.   

We have probably had 12-15 rides on Dragster this season but can't get one on WindSeeker at either park.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have the WindSeeker Curse.  Every time we walk up to the thing it is down or goes down.  KI and CP doesn't matter.  Last night we were about to board at CP and then they unloaded.   Probably 10 attempts this season.   Every. Time.   

We have probably had 12-15 rides on Dragster this season but can't get one on WindSeeker at either park.   

Well, yeah. It has to go down. How else do they get the people off? :P

• Like 6

So, traffic update/caution for those exiting the park: Kings Island Drive's two southbound lanes (headed toward I-71 S) gradually merge into one (right merges into left) because construction. Be mindful of this, especially since the park now closes at 8 most nights instead of 10 (I was on KI Drive at 9 and it was still packed!). Also, Cirque's last show is August 20th, which will be a bittersweet day for those who love it (including myself!). Is anyone else from here planning on coming to the park and/or the shows that day?

• Like 1

Yesterday was fantastic all around. I spent a good 8hrs at the park and hit most major rides for me. Conquered Drop Tower and lunch at the Reds grill in particular was fantastic. Had some wings along with my burger and it was all very good. Chicken Tenders later that day at the Shack were good as well (I enjoy the slice of texas toast you get with that). It was my tenth trip this season and went wonderfully.

• Like 4

Unfortunately I've only gotten to see Cirque once this season as most of my visits have been on Wednesdays. I might try to get up there for a final show on the 20th though. I will be up there again on Wednesday to celebrate National Rollercoaster Day and see the sports show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I know I heard that "all" the Cedar Fair parks are supposed to make announcements this Wednesday, National Roller Coaster Day. However, I haven't heard any specifics for KI. Has anyone else here heard an approximate time or location?

I was just talking about this. I have a feeling that any time from now until Monday we'll see a tweet or something saying: "Join us in the Festhaus on Wednesday at XX:XX for our 2018 announcement" or there will be signage in the park on Wednesday at opening letting folks know there will be an announcement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I was just talking about this. I have a feeling that any time from now until Monday we'll see a tweet or something saying: "Join us in the Festhaus on Wednesday at XX:XX for our 2018 announcement" or there will be signage in the park on Wednesday at opening letting folks know there will be an announcement. 

For smaller announcements, they've often announced the announcement one day before. So I would look for that tweet/whatever on Tuesday.

• Like 3

Today must be a good day, as I've been here since 11:30am and already rode pretty much everything I intended to and it's now only 5:00pm. I don't tend to ride the same ride multiple times this season due to having the Gold Pass but I am amazed at all I could fit in in such a short amount of time. Nothing was more than a 20 minute wait maybe tops, including Mystic Timbers.

• Like 1

So, are there any signs up about an announcement today?

Due to minor illness, I don't feel up to three days in the park in a row this week, so I skipped today in favor of the days when I could watch Origins and hang out with friends. I don't like missing NRCD or the possible announcement, but it was probably the right thing to do. 

36 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Due to minor illness, I don't feel up to three days in the park in a row this week, so I skipped today in favor of the days when I could watch Origins and hang out with friends. I don't like missing NRCD or the possible announcement, but it was probably the right thing to do. 

Nothing that we have seen yet

• Thanks 1

Season Long Fast Lane for $499
  • Thanks 1

Very disappointed in a visit yesterday.  My wife and I made a trip to visit the park, probably the last one until Haunt.  We always try to go through the week, so we have the ability to do what we want.  I refuse to by Fast Lane Plus, because, in my opinion so criticize away, it is made for the millennials, born with a silver spoon in there mouth, saying "when you have money, you are more important than others."  Anyway, we buy platinum passes, because we do travel to other parks when possible, and kind of expect that when we visit, we should be able to have the same experience that all others get.

We arrived just after 10, walked right on Mystic Timbers, then kind of wandered for a few.  By the way, Mystic Timbers was a great ride.  The wife got a little overheated in the shed with the temperature being very high.  The shed was a waste in my opinion.  would rather just have some open air available to help with just trapping all the heat.  Anyway, walked to Diamondback, noticing Reds was not open, having never been open this year on any of the days we were there.  Rode Diamondback, waited 3 trains for back row seats just because that is where I love to ride.  Park was not very busy, but decided it would be a good time to try Smokehouse.  Rode the train over to Soak City and walked to Smokehouse to find a line at the door waiting to open at 12:05 or so.  We waited for about another 5 to 10 minutes for them to open.  We also noticed at this time that half of Soak City was closed.  Nothing on the east side of the park was going.  I may not know the correct names, but the lazy river was not open, the tube slides on that side was not open or any of the other slides there.  This was very disappointing.  The park was not busy, but the ones who were there paid the same price that all others paid.  Not staffing properly reflects on Kings Island as bad business in my opinion.  I understand some of the workers, younger kids, have went back to school, but there are still many others out there looking for jobs and need to be filled.  For example, if you went to McDonald's for lunch and they said you could only get fries and a drink, because their grill was not working because they weren't busy and didn't have anyone to work the grill, you would be very upset.  It is a business and you have to do what it takes to make things happen.  HIRE people and open the food services, and provide the best day possible as you want people to experience it.  HIRE people to operate rides.  Just a vent.  I know it is nothing that is going to change anything, but just had to voice my frustration.