Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

1 hour ago, alsoran said:

Very disappointed in a visit yesterday.  My wife and I made a trip to visit the park, probably the last one until Haunt.  We always try to go through the week, so we have the ability to do what we want.  I refuse to by Fast Lane Plus, because, in my opinion so criticize away, it is made for the millennials, born with a silver spoon in there mouth, saying "when you have money, you are more important than others."  Anyway, we buy platinum passes, because we do travel to other parks when possible, and kind of expect that when we visit, we should be able to have the same experience that all others get.

We arrived just after 10, walked right on Mystic Timbers, then kind of wandered for a few.  By the way, Mystic Timbers was a great ride.  The wife got a little overheated in the shed with the temperature being very high.  The shed was a waste in my opinion.  would rather just have some open air available to help with just trapping all the heat.  Anyway, walked to Diamondback, noticing Reds was not open, having never been open this year on any of the days we were there.  Rode Diamondback, waited 3 trains for back row seats just because that is where I love to ride.  Park was not very busy, but decided it would be a good time to try Smokehouse.  Rode the train over to Soak City and walked to Smokehouse to find a line at the door waiting to open at 12:05 or so.  We waited for about another 5 to 10 minutes for them to open.  We also noticed at this time that half of Soak City was closed.  Nothing on the east side of the park was going.  I may not know the correct names, but the lazy river was not open, the tube slides on that side was not open or any of the other slides there.  This was very disappointing.  The park was not busy, but the ones who were there paid the same price that all others paid.  Not staffing properly reflects on Kings Island as bad business in my opinion.  I understand some of the workers, younger kids, have went back to school, but there are still many others out there looking for jobs and need to be filled.  For example, if you went to McDonald's for lunch and they said you could only get fries and a drink, because their grill was not working because they weren't busy and didn't have anyone to work the grill, you would be very upset.  It is a business and you have to do what it takes to make things happen.  HIRE people and open the food services, and provide the best day possible as you want people to experience it.  HIRE people to operate rides.  Just a vent.  I know it is nothing that is going to change anything, but just had to voice my frustration.

The problem is that you don't get a lot of people who aren't in school of some sort wanting to work at Kings Island, because it is a seasonal job.  A lot of people require a steady income and can't afford to be working 2 or 3 days a week in April, August, and September.  The park does what it can to fill their staffing needs.  For example, my last full season in 2010, I would come in after I got out of class (around 10:30) and work, because they needed people to drive Vortex.  

I understand your frustration though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

The problem is that you don't get a lot of people who aren't in school of some sort wanting to work at Kings Island, because it is a seasonal job.  A lot of people require a steady income and can't afford to be working 2 or 3 days a week in April, August, and September.  The park does what it can to fill their staffing needs.  For example, my last full season in 2010, I would come in after I got out of class (around 10:30) and work, because they needed people to drive Vortex.  

I understand your frustration though.

There are people that can fill in to these roles.  I volunteer time in a local place to help with rent and utilities.  I see people everyday that would and could use this type of work.  Now, I am not close enough for the same people could do anything for KI, but, I am sure there are others that could.  And, KI could make it worth it for someone to work, they may just need to up the pay scale a little.  I am guessing there is enough in the budget for a little extra to have a little work.

Very disappointed in a visit yesterday.  My wife and I made a trip to visit the park, probably the last one until Haunt.  We always try to go through the week, so we have the ability to do what we want.  I refuse to by Fast Lane Plus, because, in my opinion so criticize away, it is made for the millennials, born with a silver spoon in there mouth, saying "when you have money, you are more important than others."  Anyway, we buy platinum passes, because we do travel to other parks when possible, and kind of expect that when we visit, we should be able to have the same experience that all others get.
We arrived just after 10, walked right on Mystic Timbers, then kind of wandered for a few.  By the way, Mystic Timbers was a great ride.  The wife got a little overheated in the shed with the temperature being very high.  The shed was a waste in my opinion.  would rather just have some open air available to help with just trapping all the heat.  Anyway, walked to Diamondback, noticing Reds was not open, having never been open this year on any of the days we were there.  Rode Diamondback, waited 3 trains for back row seats just because that is where I love to ride.  Park was not very busy, but decided it would be a good time to try Smokehouse.  Rode the train over to Soak City and walked to Smokehouse to find a line at the door waiting to open at 12:05 or so.  We waited for about another 5 to 10 minutes for them to open.  We also noticed at this time that half of Soak City was closed.  Nothing on the east side of the park was going.  I may not know the correct names, but the lazy river was not open, the tube slides on that side was not open or any of the other slides there.  This was very disappointing.  The park was not busy, but the ones who were there paid the same price that all others paid.  Not staffing properly reflects on Kings Island as bad business in my opinion.  I understand some of the workers, younger kids, have went back to school, but there are still many others out there looking for jobs and need to be filled.  For example, if you went to McDonald's for lunch and they said you could only get fries and a drink, because their grill was not working because they weren't busy and didn't have anyone to work the grill, you would be very upset.  It is a business and you have to do what it takes to make things happen.  HIRE people and open the food services, and provide the best day possible as you want people to experience it.  HIRE people to operate rides.  Just a vent.  I know it is nothing that is going to change anything, but just had to voice my frustration.

Sorry to hear about your visit. Not sure about Reds HOF grill's hours but I always thought they didn't open till about 11:00 am as for Soak City they Don't open up till 12:00 pm. The last week of Daily operations has always been a hit and miss thing with me somethings are open others are close.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When I rode Banshee this year it seemed to have just a slight rattle to it that shook my head enough to give me a headache. Has this been something anyone else has encountered?? I found it very odd, as when I rode Banshee last it didn't seem to have this.

2 minutes ago, shadow9542 said:

When I rode Banshee this year it seemed to have just a slight rattle to it that shook my head enough to give me a headache. Has this been something anyone else has encountered?? I found it very odd, as when I rode Banshee last it didn't seem to have this.

I haven't experienced rattling.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, shadow9542 said:

I found row 3 or 5 to be a bit rough.  The back row is a bit better.  Front row is the best.  We honestly wait for the front every time since there is hardly ever any type of line for the ride.  

• Thanks 1

So I was talking with the trumpet player from OTC today, and if they're back next year ,and  I may still have a chance to be in the show.  They apparently do take outside help for when the individuals need days off (the guy I know in the band only performs 75% of the way through the season).  

Look out for the group during Haunt and Winterfest!

BTW, could someone give me a PM if/when audition info comes out for the park?  

• Like 1