RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic

Forgive me if there is already a topic on this, as I haven't been on here in months, but RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic has come to iOS and Android. RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic is a combination of RCT 1 and 2. Most of the scenarios, including the Six Flags parks, are available. The game does cost $5.99 to purchase, and does give you the option to buy the Time Twister and Wacky Worlds expansion packs. NO JAILBREAK NEEDED.

As far as game play is concerned, the game is pretty easy to navigate. It takes some getting used to, especially building walls, but once you get used to it, it's not too bad. The frame rate seems a little faster than the original game, but it's hardly noticeable. The sound is the same great sound from the original games, and if you have an iPhone 7 or 7plus, the stereo speakers will be put to use with the game. I hope you guys enjoy it just as much as me!!!

a203d24fcb860ba674558c6a3b2befc0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Looks pretty good. A fair price as well. I'm really looking to get a laptop so that I can pickup Planet Coaster and Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

You're going to need a pretty beefy laptop for Planet Coaster...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetCoaster/comments/52v6yu/minimum_and_recommended_system_requirements_for/

Minimum: Intel i5-2300 / AMD FX-4300 processor, 8GB of RAM, 2GB graphics card (nVidia GTX560 / AMD Radeon 7850)

Recommended: Intel i7-4770 / AMD FX-8350, 16GB of RAM, 4GB graphics card (nVidia GTX980 / AMD R9 380)

It's definitely possible to play it on a laptop, but make sure you're aware of the requirements/recommendations before buying one so you're not disappointed.

• Like 2

Looks pretty good. A fair price as well. I'm really looking to get a laptop so that I can pickup Planet Coaster and Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

I would highly recommend a desktop instead. Yeah, you lose portability, but a laptop with enough power to play a current-gen game in any remotely enjoyable way is going to be very expensive, very loud, and in all likelihood run very hot. I would instead recommend building/buying a gaming desktop and then getting a low-end cheap laptop to use Steam in-home streaming if you want to be able to play from anywhere in your home.

^ The recommended spec is interesting because a GTX980 and a R9 380 are not in the same league. Last fall a 980 was nearly $500 but a 4GB 380 was $220.

I think they are just giving examples of cards that come in a 4GB variety. The game definitely does not need a 980, as I can run it at 1080p ultrawide at a consistent 60 Hz with no frame drops at all on my 960.

• Like 2

At least that one should run on most modern computers. I may have to check that out at some point since I don't see myself being able to play Planet Coaster anytime soon (I can't justify spending that kind of money on a new computer just to play one particular game when my laptop works fine for all my computing needs at the moment).

There are fairly good laptops around the 700$ range. Just try to get the new Kaby Lake chips (Intel's 7th Gen Chips) that actually have decent integrated graphics. Heck some have an integrated GTX 940MX. While not the best it should get you going good on most games at low to medium settings. But in the final run you will get better bang for the buck out of a desktop. 

• Like 1

Haven't played RCT World myself but I gather its a buggy mess that is poorly designed and simply isn't much fun when it is working. By contrast Planet Coaster runs pretty well and has superior features in almost every aspect. Terrain creation in particular is amazing with lighting and prop placement as other highlights. Downsides are pathing (though still much better than RCTW) and the current selection of flat rides along with a few missing features, syncing stations and some coasters not having launch options when they should come to mind. About the only thing I've heard RCTW has that Planet Coaster should is the ability to adjust track by dragging the pointer around. 

When you look at a desktop for Planet Coaster look into a very good processor. They are one of the harder parts to upgrade and very important for simulation games. Stay away from expensive brands like Alienware. Get an I7 if possible, if not get an I5. PC makes good use of multiple cores so getting a cpu with more cores/threads and a lower clock may be better than higher clocks with less cores/threads. And keep in mind that many laptop processors have fewer cores/threads when compared to their very similarly named desktop counterparts. A laptop I7 is usually not as good as a desktop one.

• Like 1

^ Most on this board should have a Microcenter close by and they use processors as a loss leader. The i7-5820K 6 core is still a beast and a bargain $319, though the x99 motherboard is a bit more than Z170 for a Skylake CPU. If you can put together a Lego helicopter you can build your own PC. I think Microcenter will assemble it for free if you buy all your parts there, hell bring me lunch and I will put it together. :)

Here is an example of a PC I built last fall and kind of went nuts on. It can be done for a lot less now.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor (Purchased For $319.00)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (Purchased For $119.00)

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard (Purchased For $179.00)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (Purchased For $99.99)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $70.00)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $135.00)

Storage: Western Digital RE4 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $35.00)

Storage: Western Digital RE4 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $35.00)

Storage: Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $84.00)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card (Purchased For $395.00)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $90.00)

Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $39.99)

Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer (Purchased For $30.00)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $60.00)

Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan (Purchased For $20.95)

Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan (Purchased For $20.95)

Monitor: BenQ XL2420Z 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (Purchased For $187.00)

Keyboard: Func KB-460 Wired Gaming Keyboard (Purchased For $70.00)

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival Wired Optical Mouse (Purchased For $30.00)

Other: Gearhead Webcam (Purchased For $15.00)

Total: $2034.88

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-27 06:14 EST-0500

• Like 1

I don't have money to actually do it, but based on the system requirements for Planet Coaster and what KIBeast said his budget was, I would probably build something like this (OS not included)...I went over by about $100 though due to the expensive i7...:

Sub $800 i7 build- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YvdqNN

To get it under $700, you could try swapping the i7 out for an i5 though...not sure how much worse it would make Planet Coaster run, but most other PC games probably wouldn't care much about the CPU downgrade (for 90% of games it is the GPU that really matters- many budget builds even use i3's or worse and are fine). Planet Coaster is probably CPU heavy though due to all the simulation aspects.

I also tried to make a "budget friendly" planet coaster build, but due to the game needing a pretty beefy CPU according to its system requirements, I could only really go down to around $500-ish with Intel and AMD has expensive motherboards...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TDFPvV

To be fair to this PC it would be great for 1080p gaming in most cases though and is decent for the price- aka probably what I would get if I suddenly had $550 or so to spend on buying myself a new PC. (Currently I have a laptop. It has a decent i5, but the integrated graphics are very meh and can only play older games well...)

Edit: Edited the budget build a little due to comment below mine having more advice- swapped the single stick of RAM for 2 4GB sticks.

• Like 1

That's a good looking build to me but I would recommend saving money on the gpu before the cpu. Not only are they easier and cheaper to replace but I run PC pretty well with a 760 GTX which is less powerful than the RX 480. Even the card from your budget build is more powerful than mine and would be fine to start out with. Lowering graphics settings can also help ease the load on the graphics card but the only way to ease the load considerably on the cpu is to have less rides and people in your park.

Another note do not ever buy a single RAM stick, always buy them in identical pairs and even have all four sticks exactly the same if possible. It's better to have 2 4GB sticks than 1 8GB stick. If there is one part you can cheap out on it's the RAM. Those fancy sticks do little to improve performance, the total amount available is what matters. Make sure what you do buy has good reviews/quality though.

• Like 1

If you have the basic paramaeters of your build laid out I highly suggest following buildapcsales on Reddit religiously. Like 4-5 times a day. Most of the good deals in components get posted there very quickly so if you have a couple of months time frame and some patience you can save a lot and/or get better components that fit your budget. Especially if you are willing to play the rebate game.

Also gpushack.com sells refurbed cards with a 2 year warranty, but their stock changes frequently so again you just have to check it every day. EVGA also runs some good sales on their B stock occasionally. And don't forget Microcenter open box inventory. Just make sure you have the ability to fully test out the compenent because the return window is usually only 14 days and if it is a GPU it was probably returned because it doesn't overclock well.

• Like 1